Curtis Butler Has Died - Morrissey Central (16 Feb, 2019)

"Curtis, who was from Manchester, and who followed Morrissey tours all over the world for many years … who was loved by all of us in our own strange way … has taken leave of this unhappy planet.

Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.
I am blessed to have known you, and I fully understand how generally unbearable modern life is.
Thank you for all that you have done for me … there is another world, there is a better world … well there MUST be.

I will see you again.
My dearest love to you."

MORRISSEY.
February 2019

In the video below, Curtis can be seen climbing on stage at approximately 2:11, wearing his fantastic WE HATE WILLIAM AND KATE t-shirt.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/curtis-butler-has-died

Further,
Lyn Boorer posted (prior to the Central post).

20190216_202056.jpg

FB_IMG_1550348396086.jpg

RIP.
A very direct message from Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I reckon a message on "Morrissey Central" about a fan in a foreign country committing suicide has nothing to do with me. The California Son has been trying to help you people indirectly for the last 15 years. He owes you selfish people nothing, but the guilt of having to be in The Smiths to launch his solo career and having to sing all those shitty Brittish oh I am depressed, cold and dank, warm summer days indoors bullshit has made him feel guilty. He probably even regrets leaving LA and going to Brittin with Chrissie Hynde in 1977. It started with "The Importance of Being Morrissey" where he tried to get you selfish pricks to see his real life in Moz Angeles and who he really is to make you people happier. Listen to what he says in the beginning about not being depressed and even what a young lil' Sammy and his other nephew say. Now he has made a self titled album called "The California Son" He loves the sun, beach, tacos, pizza, spaghetti, playing basketball and baseball and hates Brittin and the "royal family". Wake the f*** up and try the things that he really likes in nnn nn n n nn nn n it.

UCMTkQy.gif

u1wrwhd9isfmka5orfit.gif

Ha Im just back this evening from seeing a Curtis Mayfield tribute at the Union Chapel. Anyway it's touching that Morrissey cares about this fan. I hope it wasn't suicide... Horrid feeling from tone of the post. Anyone know??
I don't know why Curtis Butler died. I really hope that he didn't commit suicide. It isn't clear why he died so young.

I like Lyn Boorer's tribute to him. Morrissey's tribute is very touching as well.

From what I understand Margaret is another Morrissey superfan. But I don't know much about her.

I believe in Heaven. I hope that Curtis Butler is in that much better place with Jesus.

I think it is nice that Moz recognized a fan's passing and the devotion to his music that led to his attending so many concerts. Certainly nothing to be rewarded for, but definitely worth a statement of appreciation.

The sentence "I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world." could have stopped at the bold part and that would have been fine.

Morrissey is and has always been an interesting sort. Most of his great lyrics, especially the early ones, came from blaming others for his misfortune. His lack of global success, however, lays squarely on his shoulders, and the fact that he does not recognize this shows his unwillingness to accept his role in how his career has turned out. He had many opportunities to be a "star", and he chose to take the road less traveled and that sometimes leads one into the weeds.

I think it is nice that Moz recognized a fan's passing and the devotion to his music that led to his attending so many concerts. Certainly nothing to be rewarded for, but definitely worth a statement of appreciation.

The sentence "I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world." could have stopped at the bold part and that would have been fine.

Morrissey is and has always been an interesting sort. Most of his great lyrics, especially the early ones, came from blaming others for his misfortune. His lack of global success, however, lays squarely on his shoulders, and the fact that he does not recognize this shows his unwillingness to accept his role in how his career has turned out. He had many opportunities to be a "star", and he chose to take the road less traveled and that sometimes leads one into the weeds.
Agree, but I don't think he sees pandering and following the beaten path as an option. He wants global stardom on his own terms. And the world is too "narrow and moronic" to let him achieve that.

Perhaps they had a conversation and Curtis had wished that Morrissey was a bigger star and so forth. This could actually be something personal shared between them. Please do not assume, nor shall I. I just like to see multiple sides to stories.
that's how i read it. and like maybe moz felt a little guilty about that, which he absolutely has no reason to. all in all, a very sweet message.

The other day, he was hated by everyone. Today he’s loved? Come on!!Don’t be cynical all of you!

I've done some thinking and this is really sad :(
It is Rifke but he lived a great life and travelled to so many places and was hanging out with cool people and had more of a life than you and me will have together, I mean not TOGETHER but you know....

His insta is heartwarming and a United fan never dies.

RIP Curtis. The indisputable number one fan and known that way to Moz.

Though I never knew you at all,
You had the grace to hold yourself, while those around you on the barrier crawled.

But they can never taint you in my eyes,
No, they can never touch you now.

Find Your Peace.
image2.jpg

lumitaint.jpg

that's how i read it. and like maybe moz felt a little guilty about that, which he absolutely has no reason to. all in all, a very sweet message.
Thanks for being positive and understanding. This is a time for it. So many are taking their lives these days and one can hardly blame them. It’s a vicious cruel world that some aren’t meant for. I mean that with the highest respect. I only wish that one thread on here could be full of love and compassion instead of...... He, as we, may have had faults but it’s a shame he felt no worth beyond the few things that mattered TO HIM. My story is long and ongoing but I will go on. I hope that we could all influence and lift one another up with positivity. We’ve all got this amazing connection and we should use it to better ourselves and those around us. Cheers to you and thank you.

Thanks for being positive and understanding. This is a time for it. So many are taking their lives these days and one can hardly blame them. It’s a vicious cruel world that some aren’t meant for. I mean that with the highest respect. I only wish that one thread on here could be full of love and compassion instead of...... He, as we, may have had faults but it’s a shame he felt no worth beyond the few things that mattered TO HIM. My story is long and ongoing but I will go on. I hope that we could all influence and lift one another up with positivity. We’ve all got this amazing connection and we should use it to better ourselves and those around us. Cheers to you and thank you.
People are jumping to conclusions but he did not take his life nor was he using drugs. He was a healthy and happy young man surrounded by friends from all over the world.
At least have the decency to understand that people die from disease and all kinds of conditions. If people knew how common cardiac arrest is.

thank you as well! lovely words!

I wouldn't disagree with that. If so why couldn't Skinny just make that point without having to make a sly dig at someone who has just lost their life? Skinny is a right c***.

Because, as far as Skinny is concerned, people like Curtis are racists for continuing to support Morrissey in 2019 (seven or eight years after Skinny left the fanclub) which is a good enough reason in Skinny's eyes to have a pop at Curtis before he's even been laid to rest. The "unquestioning fan" remark made that clear.

Similarly, a couple of years ago a young woman died of bowel cancer and a thread was set up here for people to pay their respects. Someone said 'Godspeed' or something like that, and Skinny jumped in to inform the person that there was no point saying that because there is no God. The thread then became all about that, people criticizing Skinny for his disrespect and his unwillingness to allow people to share words of comfort without him cutting them down in a sociopathic manner. Of course this all revolved around Morrissey, with Skinny not allowing one of those "unquestioning" fans to have a decent send-off on here for the crime of enjoying the music of a man whom he disagrees with politically.

Skinny isn't the only offender of course, over the years your two pals !Viva Hate! and Skylarker have mocked the dead on this website just for the 'fun' of it. Those threads are still in existence. I don't know what you're getting so worked up about anyway, aren't you the guy who justified the murder of dozens of Palestinians at the border with Israel by Israeli armed forces? You weren't bothered about that but Skinny having a "sly dig" at someone who's just passed on gets your blood boiling. Warped morals. I didn't know Curtis, may he rest in peace, but the truly "odd chaps" are still alive and kicking on these forums -- you and Skinny included.

People are jumping to conclusions but he did not take his life nor was he using drugs. He was a healthy and happy young man surrounded by friends from all over the world.
At least have the decency to understand that people die from disease and all kinds of conditions. If people knew how common cardiac arrest is.

3 cancers here. Still going strong since I was sung how short life is. It doesn’t matter how close you think you are or may be close to morrissey. He’s giving us the knowledge to deal with emotions that cannot be discussed. Now please show some kindness. One may be 16 years of age or 45. We are common in our communion. Let’s share and show it. It breaks my heart when one goes in such a manner. We have all thought about it. We had someone or a speaker to save us. Let’s change this place we have to share. That’s all. Sorry again friends who’ve lost their friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because, as far as Skinny is concerned, people like Curtis are racists for continuing to support Morrissey in 2019 (seven or eight years after Skinny left the fanclub) which is a good enough reason in Skinny's eyes to have a pop at Curtis before he's even been laid to rest. The "unquestioning fan" remark made that clear.

Similarly, a couple of years ago a young woman died of bowel cancer and a thread was set up here for people to pay their respects. Someone said 'Godspeed' or something like that, and Skinny jumped in to inform the person that there was no point saying that because there is no God. The thread then became all about that, people criticizing Skinny for his disrespect and his unwillingness to allow people to share words of comfort without him cutting them down in a sociopathic manner. Of course this all revolved around Morrissey, with Skinny not allowing one of those "unquestioning" fans to have a decent send-off on here for the crime of enjoying the music of a man whom he disagrees with politically.

Skinny isn't the only offender of course, over the years your two pals !Viva Hate! and Skylarker have mocked the dead on this website just for the 'fun' of it. Those threads are still in existence. I don't know what you're getting so worked up about anyway, aren't you the guy who justified the murder of dozens of Palestinians at the border with Israel by Israeli armed forces? You weren't bothered about that but Skinny having a "sly dig" at someone who's just passed on gets your blood boiling. Warped morals. I didn't know Curtis, may he rest in peace, but the truly "odd chaps" are still alive and kicking on these forums -- you and Skinny included.
Hamas not Palestinians, thank you and f*** off.

Melinda, Margaret and Curtis all dead.

Maybe dedicating your life to a pop star isn’t a healthy way to spend your life. Who knew?

Sad times indeed.

RIP Curtis, at least you followed your dreams, many of us don't.

Perhaps those who spent years slagging Curtis off on this website (even starting threads about him) with utter vile abuse will now have a long hard look at themselves. I doubt it though. Shame on you all.

:praying: Hopefully Curtis is resting now. He looked quite young in the posted concert video. Morrissey was thankful for everything that Curtis did. This was heartfelt and sad for all. This life is brief and the music of Morrissey and the assorted band members is what comforts many across the world. This bound involving Curtis and Morrissey was to do with music and included the bound of the common Manchester association. :praying:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom