Curtis Butler Has Died - Morrissey Central (16 Feb, 2019)

"Curtis, who was from Manchester, and who followed Morrissey tours all over the world for many years … who was loved by all of us in our own strange way … has taken leave of this unhappy planet.

Curtis, I am so sorry that I could not be the global star that you wanted me to be: but it is difficult in such a narrow and moronic world.
I am blessed to have known you, and I fully understand how generally unbearable modern life is.
Thank you for all that you have done for me … there is another world, there is a better world … well there MUST be.

I will see you again.
My dearest love to you."

MORRISSEY.
February 2019

In the video below, Curtis can be seen climbing on stage at approximately 2:11, wearing his fantastic WE HATE WILLIAM AND KATE t-shirt.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/curtis-butler-has-died

Further,
Lyn Boorer posted (prior to the Central post).

20190216_202056.jpg

FB_IMG_1550348396086.jpg

RIP.
A very direct message from Morrissey.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard this odd rumor about Curtis - that he was born with 3 balls. Anybody know if that's true? Maybe somebody could ask the family?

RIP Curtis - I had a brief chat with you outside the York Barbican many moons ago - you made a fuss of my other half as it was her first Morrissey gig.

He was probably trying to rifle through her pockets, the junkie twat.

I never met Curtis, and I heard both positive and negative things regarding him during my time in the world of Morrissey. However, I take people as I find them, so I cannot pass any judgement regarding this young man. His passing is nothing more than tragic, and sad. For some bizarre reason, I am actually surprised at the level of vile comments on this thread and elsewhere on Solo. I'm somewhat upset, so I can only imagine what a friend or family member of Curtis would feel stumbling across this cesspit of a discussion.

Some of you are genuinely ill. RIP Curtis.

Okay, then tell me this: how do you know that the COD hasn’t been determined yet? Did you know him? Do you know any of his friends? Where have you gotten your info from that says nobody knows anything?
I didn't know Curtis. I have never met him. I don't know his family or friends.

I'm guessing that there will be a post-mortem (autopsy) to determine the cause of death (COD).

Maybe his family, friends his nearest and dearest know the cause of death. I meant the public don't know what the cause of death is yet. I don't have any inside information.

It just feels like you are trying to sully Curtis Butler's good name, his reputation and his legacy without any real evidence or proof.

I never met Curtis, and I heard both positive and negative things regarding him during my time in the world of Morrissey. However, I take people as I find them, so I cannot pass any judgement regarding this young man. His passing is nothing more than tragic, and sad. For some bizarre reason, I am actually surprised at the level of vile comments on this thread and elsewhere on Solo. I'm somewhat upset, so I can only imagine what a friend or family member of Curtis would feel stumbling across this cesspit of a discussion.

RIP Curtis.
Maybe they were jealous of Curtis? Morrissey knew him and loved him. It seemed in a way that he was living the dream until this happened. His death is very upsetting.

It looks like Morrissey quoted from the song "Asleep". I thought that song was about suicide. I might be wrong though.

"There is another world
There is a better world
Well, there must be"

Crikey. A massive missive about some sad bonkers fan and yet never a word when a world changer like David Bowie passed.

Does anyone know what Curtis's thoughts on the Jussie Smollett situation were?

Sad how Morrissey posts about his death, making it sound like he was such a great person. He forgot to mention that Curtis sent letters to Morrissey's mum threatening to kill himself if he couldn't go to all gigs. That's how he got on the list.

And sad how people claim he was healthy, had no problems, and was a loving and nice human being. You only say that cause he is dead now.

I have screenshots and conversations on my old phone. There was at least 6 incidents where he threatened to kill himself when I wouldn't pick up the phone or do as he wished. And at least 3 times where he actually sent me pictures of him sat on the floor, drooling, eyes rolled back in his head with the caption "Just took all my pills and had a bottle of whiskey. Goodbye. You wanted this." And I started to panic and didn't know what to do and kept calling and calling until he finally replied again and claimed that his dad found him. He used this technique every single time we had a row.

He threatened to ban me from Morrissey shows on a regular basis. He threatened to kill my boyfriend. He kept saying there will be consequences if I should ever show up at gigs again.

He talked bad about every single fan. He was racist and kept sending me pictures of black people calling them "blackies" and awful names. I could not get out of this toxic friendship cause he blackmailed me.

He proudly told me that his dad had to run him baths and go shopping for him. All while he treated his dad like a slave and never said a good thing about him.

He wrecked so many things for so many people, and I am one of them. So think twice before you go on a forum to praise him and mourn his death. He was a con artist, highly manipulative, never said a good thing about anyone apart from Morrissey.

This has nothing to do with jealousy. The guy ruined my life for a very long time, and I don't have to feel scared anymore. So here is how Curtis really was.

Sad how Morrissey posts about his death, making it sound like he was such a great person. He forgot to mention that Curtis sent letters to Morrissey's mum threatening to kill himself if he couldn't go to all gigs. That's how he got on the list.

And sad how people claim he was healthy, had no problems, and was a loving and nice human being. You only say that cause he is dead now.

I have screenshots and conversations on my old phone. There was at least 6 incidents where he threatened to kill himself when I wouldn't pick up the phone or do as he wished. And at least 3 times where he actually sent me pictures of him sat on the floor, drooling, eyes rolled back in his head with the caption "Just took all my pills and had a bottle of whiskey. Goodbye. You wanted this." And I started to panic and didn't know what to do and kept calling and calling until he finally replied again and claimed that his dad found him. He used this technique every single time we had a row.

He threatened to ban me from Morrissey shows on a regular basis. He threatened to kill my boyfriend. He kept saying there will be consequences if I should ever show up at gigs again.

He talked bad about every single fan. He was racist and kept sending me pictures of black people calling them "blackies" and awful names. I could not get out of this toxic friendship cause he blackmailed me.

He proudly told me that his dad had to run him baths and go shopping for him. All while he treated his dad like a slave and never said a good thing about him.

He wrecked so many things for so many people, and I am one of them. So think twice before you go on a forum to praise him and mourn his death. He was a con artist, highly manipulative, never said a good thing about anyone apart from Morrissey.

This has nothing to do with jealousy. The guy ruined my life for a very long time, and I don't have to feel scared anymore. So here is how Curtis really was.

This is all totally believable because I know of more than several fans who he also threatened to have banned from Morrissey gigs when things were not going his way. But most of the morons here don’t believe these stories or think that people are making these things up because they are “jealous.” Did you ever meet his father? The few people I know that actually went to his house said that supposedly his father was there, but never, ever came out of his room and nobody ever saw him. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but I remember someone telling me it felt really creepy there. And yes, he also threatened to kill himself all of the time, to many different people. Especially when they wouldn’t give him more money on tour because he would have nowhere to stay, no money for flights, etc. I also know his MO was to sometimes check into hotels and “plant” things into the food or fake injury from something to get everything partially or completely comped. He has deception down to an art. I don’t know how much of any Morrissey knew about any of this, but I know for damn sure that some of the crew and band knew. Not a nice person.

Crikey. A massive missive about some sad bonkers fan and yet never a word when a world changer like David Bowie passed.
Bowie was a bully and a nazi unlike Moz. I was on the tour when Bowie bullied Morrissey off it. You people are too young to remember it.

This is all totally believable because I know of more than several fans who he also threatened to have banned from Morrissey gigs when things were not going his way. But most of the morons here don’t believe these stories or think that people are making these things up because they are “jealous.” Did you ever meet his father? The few people I know that actually went to his house said that supposedly his father was there, but never, ever came out of his room and nobody ever saw him. That doesn’t necessarily mean anything, but I remember someone telling me it felt really creepy there. And yes, he also threatened to kill himself all of the time, to many different people. Especially when they wouldn’t give him more money on tour because he would have nowhere to stay, no money for flights, etc. I also know his MO was to sometimes check into hotels and “plant” things into the food or fake injury from something to get everything partially or completely comped. He has deception down to an art. I don’t know how much of any Morrissey knew about any of this, but I know for damn sure that some of the crew and band knew. Not a nice person.
Why are you saying all this? Morrissey obviously loved and cared about Curtis. Morrissey held him high regard! Lyn Boorer did as well. I expect Sam did too. Morrissey said that Curtis was loved by "all" of us in our own strange way. What did the band and crew know that Morrissey didn't? By all I had assumed that Morrissey was talking about the band and crew.

Sometimes people do what seem like stupid and reckless things when they are young and inexperienced in life. People are forgetting that Curtis was just a very young lad. He looked like he was under 30!

Going by photos Curtis Butler looked happy, healthy, a healthy weight, no real problems. He looked healthy both mentally and physically. He didn't look like a drug addict or an alcoholic. He looked like he was living the dream travelling all over the world seeing his beloved Morrissey concerts. He was a vegan I think.

Some thought Curtis might not of had a father in his life. Now people are saying that he had a creepy relationship with his Dad and he treated him like a slave. How do I know what the truth is? I'm guessing that he saw Morrissey as a father figure. Morrissey was actually old enough to be his father!

People are saying that Curtis was master manipulator. If he was so good at manipulating people how did he end up dead at such a young age? It sounds like Curtis was a victim in this life.

I find this whole thing really upsetting. Saying all this stuff about a deceased young man. They say not to speak ill of the dead don't they? I don't know what to believe.

I find this whole thing really upsetting. Saying all this stuff about a deceased young man. They say not to speak ill of the dead don't they? I don't know what to believe.

Thank you - I was going to post something similar. I don't know Curtis - never met him - never even heard of him before this post. If he wronged some of you, that sucks, but this is your opportunity to show some forgiveness, class, and restraint. Curtis has no ability now to right any wrongs, make amends, apologize, tell his side of the story, etc. So publically airing all of this nastiness about a deceased person is in really poor taste, IMO.

Unless he stole your wallet, I am assuming people willingly gave him money. I dont care what stupid story he would have come up with, max I give a stranger is $20 and I dont expect to get it back.

I make a pretty good salary and LOVE Moz, but I am not going to spend my life savings on seeing him 20 times a year. I am sure Moz wonders a bit about the regulars too.

Yes peeps, Curtis was a great person, superb human being.:thumb:
He was in charge of spotting the c*** DHs than needed to be on on the:banned: list.

most of the bizarre posting here is due to that major twat Hugh, who is not only out
but:banned:.

hugh (and BBF Skinny), dont show yourself in Canada, you hear:whip:

Yes peeps, Curtis was a great person, superb human being.:thumb:
He was in charge of spotting the c*** DHs than needed to be on on the:banned: list.

most of the bizarre posting here is due to that major twat Hugh, who is not only out
but:banned:.

hugh (and BBF Skinny), dont show yourself in Canada, you hear:whip:
I truly believe that Curtis was a great person a superb human being. I think that it is pure jealousy all of this muckraking, slander and gossip about a recently deceased person. Morrissey really loved and cared about him. People were jealous of Curtis's closeness to Morrissey. Morrissey was very fond of him. Curtis helped Morrissey. Curtis's early death is a really sad and tragic loss. :(

Who is Hugh? The only Hugh I can think of is Hugh Clark. I think he got banned last year after going to many concerts. Don't really know what happened and it isn't really any of my business it's something personal between him and Morrissey.

I read about it in The Herald Scotland online:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...oversial-singer-pokes-fun-at-nicola-sturgeon/

A quote I like: "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."

A well known Irish blessing I like in memory of Curtis Butler:

"May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

Stonehill Chapel Choir: "May the Road Rise to Meet You":

Why are you saying all this? Morrissey obviously loved and cared about Curtis. Morrissey held him high regard! Lyn Boorer did as well. I expect Sam did too. Morrissey said that Curtis was loved by "all" of us in our own strange way. What did the band and crew know that Morrissey didn't? By all I had assumed that Morrissey was talking about the band and crew.

Sometimes people do what seem like stupid and reckless things when they are young and inexperienced in life. People are forgetting that Curtis was just a very young lad. He looked like he was under 30!

Going by photos Curtis Butler looked happy, healthy, a healthy weight, no real problems. He looked healthy both mentally and physically. He didn't look like a drug addict or an alcoholic. He looked like he was living the dream travelling all over the world seeing his beloved Morrissey concerts. He was a vegan I think.

Some thought Curtis might not of had a father in his life. Now people are saying that he had a creepy relationship with his Dad and he treated him like a slave. How do I know what the truth is? I'm guessing that he saw Morrissey as a father figure. Morrissey was actually old enough to be his father!

People are saying that Curtis was master manipulator. If he was so good at manipulating people how did he end up dead at such a young age? It sounds like Curtis was a victim in this life.

How can one look healthy mentally?
I wonder if I do..

I truly believe that Curtis was a great person a superb human being. I think that it is pure jealousy all of this muckraking, slander and gossip about a recently deceased person. Morrissey really loved and cared about him. People were jealous of Curtis's closeness to Morrissey. Morrissey was very fond of him. Curtis helped Morrissey. Curtis's early death is a really sad and tragic loss. :(

Who is Hugh? The only Hugh I can think of is Hugh Clark. I think he got banned last year after going to many concerts. Don't really know what happened and it isn't really any of my business it's something personal between him and Morrissey.

I read about it in The Herald Scotland online:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...oversial-singer-pokes-fun-at-nicola-sturgeon/

A quote I like: "There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, that it ill behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."

A well known Irish blessing I like in memory of Curtis Butler:

"May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face;

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,

may God hold you in the palm of His hand."

Stonehill Chapel Choir: "May the Road Rise to Meet You":

Yeah, he was such a great guy, even though you didn't actually know him? Morrissey also didn't know Curtis except for all of the things that Curtis wrote to him or said to him in person the few times they did meet face to face. And regardless, we are talking about a guy that champions Anne Marie Waters and Tommy Robinson; he's hardly a good judge of character, old Moz. I'm sure that Curtis (whom you never met) is so grateful for your Irish prayer. This place is full of so many confused, delusional people.

Yeah, he was such a great guy, even though you didn't actually know him? Morrissey also didn't know Curtis except for all of the things that Curtis wrote to him or said to him in person the few times they did meet face to face. And regardless, we are talking about a guy that champions Anne Marie Waters and Tommy Robinson; he's hardly a good judge of character, old Moz. I'm sure that Curtis (whom you never met) is so grateful for your Irish prayer. This place is full of so many confused, delusional people.

:rolleyes:

Hugh, you continue to be :banned:
go follow Mr Cometry tour bus. Wait he doesnt have one :tiphat:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom