Cure interview in Irish Times mentions Moz

Just got back from London and it was a great show, as always with The Cure. Of course being a shorter, festival set I was a bit saddened that I didn't get to hear some of my favourites like A Strange Day, One Hundred Years, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary, Let's Go To Bed, etc., but it was a solid set of hits and old classics. The atmosphere was fantastic and you could tell The Cure was genuinely happy to be there in that moment, and everyone left happy; something I haven't felt after a Morrissey show for a long, long time. Also great sets from Interpol and Goldfrapp even though it was an unbearably hot day for London. And not a single Morrissey shirt in sight!

Funny story- when the Sisters first came back, I bought a ticket to see them at the Crystal ballroom in Portland. I was overcome by a wave of something while in line, where I knew I didn't want to see whatever they'd become. So I told my friends I'd catch up with them after the show, sold my ticket to someone wanting to get in, and went out to the bar. When I met up with my friends afterward, they all said it was the worst thing they'd ever seen and that I made the right choice.
Amen. I last saw them around 1999, I think it was, in Glasgow at the Barrowlands. Agreed to go against my better judgement as the last time I saw TSOM was a few years previous and they were bloody dreadful. The 1999 gig started off ok with first 3 or 4 songs sounding decent they then played 2 or 3 "new" songs then an old one then about another 4 "new" songs in a row. Around this point I left. Eldritch's attitude and contemp for us was the last straw. That bell end will never get a penny from me ever again. I loved TSOM back in the day, cant even bring myself to play his records any more.

I have been to a few Cure shows, they were great. 3+ hours, lots of popular stuff and b-sides, quite enjoyable. Why is hard to like Morrissey and the Cure? Smith is a tosser because Morrissey thinks so? Guess what, the world thinks Morrissey is a tosser now. How about we form our own opinions instead of being sheep.

I would love to see Morrissey play three hour shows with lots of variety. But the fact of the matter is he doesn't. He plays one hour shows with lots of stuff from his past two albums. But hey, Morrissey makes the setlist and it is his right to do so, whether it makes for an entertaining show or not.

I suppose what I am getting at is it is quite laughable that people here are slagging the Cure because they sell out stadium shows still and play long concerts with songs that their fans want to hear. As Morrissey fans we could only be so lucky if Morrissey would follow suit.

My favourite band of all time is The Smiths. Killing Joke are number 2 and The Cure are number 3. I never had an issue liking Moz and fat Bob and never will. It's stupid to not like any artist just because Morrissey or Morrissey fans dont approve. Morrissey didn't have a lot of nice words to say about Prince either, never stopped me loving a lot of his records.

Just got back from London and it was a great show, as always with The Cure. Of course being a shorter, festival set I was a bit saddened that I didn't get to hear some of my favourites like A Strange Day, One Hundred Years, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary, Let's Go To Bed, etc., but it was a solid set of hits and old classics. The atmosphere was fantastic and you could tell The Cure was genuinely happy to be there in that moment, and everyone left happy; something I haven't felt after a Morrissey show for a long, long time. Also great sets from Interpol and Goldfrapp even though it was an unbearably hot day for London. And not a single Morrissey shirt in sight!
The live, slightly faster, version of Charlotte Sometimes is probably my favourite song ever.

They were great. An amazingly tight unit, fantastic musicians. The drummer was incredible. Missed half of the support acts due to the football unfortunately but it had to be done.

Amen. I last saw them around 1999, I think it was, in Glasgow at the Barrowlands. Agreed to go against my better judgement as the last time I saw TSOM was a few years previous and they were bloody dreadful. The 1999 gig started off ok with first 3 or 4 songs sounding decent they then played 2 or 3 "new" songs then an old one then about another 4 "new" songs in a row. Around this point I left. Eldritch's attitude and contemp for us was the last straw. That bell end will never get a penny from me ever again. I loved TSOM back in the day, cant even bring myself to play his records any more.
If I need the Sisters in my life, there's always youtube or vinyl thankfully.

My favourite band of all time is The Smiths. Killing Joke are number 2 and The Cure are number 3. I never had an issue liking Moz and fat Bob and never will. It's stupid to not like any artist just because Morrissey or Morrissey fans dont approve. Morrissey didn't have a lot of nice words to say about Prince either, never stopped me loving a lot of his records.

Just got back. WOW.:mad:
Lets take a step back pop a pint put our hand on our chest and confess: THE WHOLE THING SUCKED THE BIG D.##!!
FROM STAR TO FINISH. ALL THE GROUPS SUCKED. WHO WERE THEY HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO GET UP ON THERE??:rolleyes:

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK JESUS FOR SCHEDULING AN AEROBICS CLASS IN LA FOR THE JAMES DH SO IT WOULDnt TURN OUT AS DH BONANZA. THANK YOU JESUS, CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK?doh:

Just watched a clip of it and felt sick to the stomach cause they really are the worst live band ever and again I have to tell people this news, they are a studio band and never ever a live band.

Thank you for listening.

Robert should go from words like high and kite to squirt and flirt to add something new to his lyrics.

But as Brett Anderson sings on his magnificent new song 'The Invisibles':

The world waits for you when
And the dawn breaks for you when
And the media will watch
And she will change her mind

But as Phil Collins sings on his magnificent old song ‘Easy Lover’:

She’s an easy lover
She'll get a hold on you believe it
Like no other
Before you know it you'll be on your knees
She's an easy lover
She'll take your heart but you won't feel it
She's like no other
And I'm just trying to make you see

We don't need an explosive kegs era of sex lyrics out of that old hairspray scented f***. :lbf:
LOL

You know what I mean, he recycles the same 5 words for every song.

this-must-be-the-place.gif

I bet Cure forums aren't infested with vocal racists.
As if they would find any time to think at all being busy as they are adding all that make up and tearing big holes in their fishnet stockings. If they ever find any time they cut themselves while howling at the moon. Blood instead of red wine of course.

It's so funny cause Solo housed the most abusive anti Cure crew ever once and just mentioning them or posting a video meant you got attacked or people posting replies about how bad that band sucks.
Now when Moz turned into something else or was true to himself I suspect some fans turned to Cure to at least have one gig to go to this summer.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom