Cure interview in Irish Times mentions Moz

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by ACTON, Jun 21, 2018.

By ACTON on Jun 21, 2018 at 11:30 PM
  1. ACTON

ACTON Don't Leave Us In The Dark

• Like Like x 2
    • Redundant Redundant x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by ACTON, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Just got back from London and it was a great show, as always with The Cure. Of course being a shorter, festival set I was a bit saddened that I didn't get to hear some of my favourites like A Strange Day, One Hundred Years, Charlotte Sometimes, Primary, Let's Go To Bed, etc., but it was a solid set of hits and old classics. The atmosphere was fantastic and you could tell The Cure was genuinely happy to be there in that moment, and everyone left happy; something I haven't felt after a Morrissey show for a long, long time. Also great sets from Interpol and Goldfrapp even though it was an unbearably hot day for London. And not a single Morrissey shirt in sight!
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Frank Shankly
      Frank Shankly
      Amen. I last saw them around 1999, I think it was, in Glasgow at the Barrowlands. Agreed to go against my better judgement as the last time I saw TSOM was a few years previous and they were bloody dreadful. The 1999 gig started off ok with first 3 or 4 songs sounding decent they then played 2 or 3 "new" songs then an old one then about another 4 "new" songs in a row. Around this point I left. Eldritch's attitude and contemp for us was the last straw. That bell end will never get a penny from me ever again. I loved TSOM back in the day, cant even bring myself to play his records any more.
    3. Frank Shankly
      Frank Shankly
      My favourite band of all time is The Smiths. Killing Joke are number 2 and The Cure are number 3. I never had an issue liking Moz and fat Bob and never will. It's stupid to not like any artist just because Morrissey or Morrissey fans dont approve. Morrissey didn't have a lot of nice words to say about Prince either, never stopped me loving a lot of his records.
    4. Frank Shankly
      Frank Shankly
      The live, slightly faster, version of Charlotte Sometimes is probably my favourite song ever.
    5. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      They were great. An amazingly tight unit, fantastic musicians. The drummer was incredible. Missed half of the support acts due to the football unfortunately but it had to be done.
    6. g23
      g23
      If I need the Sisters in my life, there's always youtube or vinyl thankfully.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. vegan.cro spirit# 765
      vegan.cro spirit# 765
      Just got back. WOW.:mad:
      Lets take a step back pop a pint put our hand on our chest and confess: THE WHOLE THING SUCKED THE BIG D.##!!
      FROM STAR TO FINISH. ALL THE GROUPS SUCKED. WHO WERE THEY HOW DID THEY MANAGE TO GET UP ON THERE??:rolleyes:

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK JESUS FOR SCHEDULING AN AEROBICS CLASS IN LA FOR THE JAMES DH SO IT WOULDnt TURN OUT AS DH BONANZA. THANK YOU JESUS, CAN I HAVE MY MONEY BACK?doh:
    8. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      Just watched a clip of it and felt sick to the stomach cause they really are the worst live band ever and again I have to tell people this news, they are a studio band and never ever a live band.

Thank you for listening.
    9. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      Robert should go from words like high and kite to squirt and flirt to add something new to his lyrics.
    10. !Viva Hate!
      !Viva Hate!
      But as Phil Collins sings on his magnificent old song ‘Easy Lover’:

She’s an easy lover
      She'll get a hold on you believe it
      Like no other
      Before you know it you'll be on your knees
      She's an easy lover
      She'll take your heart but you won't feel it
      She's like no other
      And I'm just trying to make you see

• Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    11. g23
      g23
      We don't need an explosive kegs era of sex lyrics out of that old hairspray scented fuck. :lbf:
      • Funny Funny x 1
    12. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      LOL

You know what I mean, he recycles the same 5 words for every song.

[​IMG]
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. URBANUS
      URBANUS
    14. scatterkeir
      scatterkeir
      I bet Cure forums aren't infested with vocal racists.
    15. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      As if they would find any time to think at all being busy as they are adding all that make up and tearing big holes in their fishnet stockings. If they ever find any time they cut themselves while howling at the moon. Blood instead of red wine of course.
    16. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      I found their forum:

mascara central.

But you have to wear black only and must be depressed all the time or else you will be banned.
    17. g23
      g23
      I know what you mean. It's not the cleverness of his lyrics that appeal to me. They're very simple.
    18. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      It's so funny cause Solo housed the most abusive anti Cure crew ever once and just mentioning them or posting a video meant you got attacked or people posting replies about how bad that band sucks.
      Now when Moz turned into something else or was true to himself I suspect some fans turned to Cure to at least have one gig to go to this summer.
    19. URBANUS