Cure interview in Irish Times mentions Moz

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by ACTON, Jun 21, 2018.

By ACTON on Jun 21, 2018 at 11:30 PM
  1. ACTON

ACTON Don't Leave Us In The Dark

• Like Like x 2
    • Redundant Redundant x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2018 (read-only)' started by ACTON, Jun 21, 2018.

1. g23
      g23
      It's funny, because The Cure picked up a Godlike Genius Award, same with Jarvis Cocker, New Order, John Peel, Blondie, Johnny Marr... But no Morrissey. I wonder why that is?
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      If anything this adds credence to their uselessness.
      An NME award? How out of touch are you?
      The real Godlike Genius Award is lodged in Moz's brain.
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      "Jupiter Crash", what the song with the lyrics that rhyme with "splash". :):):) What a feeble tune ! and crappy shallow lyrics
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No Siouxsie either, normal; the NME have been boycotting and omitting that the Banshees have influenced a lot of their nme darlings.
      But both Morrissey and Siouxsie are beyond trophies anyway.
    5. StalinsPipe
      StalinsPipe
      Mate, you sound like you're in a cult. You seem genuinely delusional.
      • Like Like x 4
    6. Tommy Robinson's Quiff
      Tommy Robinson's Quiff
      'Just for the girls'
      All the ones I knew we're Tories lol. Smiths = Divvy plank
      Duran Duran = Fabulous
      • Redundant Redundant x 2
    7. Gregor Samsa
      Gregor Samsa
      On the contrary, it’s a gorgeous atmospheric tune with touching lyrics about a beautiful yet fleeting moment.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Exceptional argument, StalinsPipe; I'll be deleting my Moz catalog immediately.
    9. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      Yes, The Cure sold out 3 nights at the Hollywood Bowl in 2016 and now they're playing to 80K fans in Hyde Park - hardly irrelevant. Ironically this is on the heels of Morrissey having to cancel his UK tour (allegedly) for low ticket sales.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    10. Gregor Samsa
      Gregor Samsa
      Haven’t The Cure always played to more people than Moz? Not that it really matters.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. g23
      g23
      Yet Moz would cream himself if he got one and get tennis elbow from patting himself on the back. It is a shame that Siouxsie doesn't get far more credit than she does though.
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. g23
      g23
      It's lodged somewhere alright. I wonder why he chose to put his genius there? Seems odd to me but it takes all kinds.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      Morrissey claims he was offered and turned down the Godlike Genius Award (could they have found a more pretentious title?). From 2007:

The NME have, in the past, offered me their “Godlike Genius Award” and I had politely refused....My own view is that award ceremonies in pop music are dreadful to witness and are simply a way of the industry warning the artist “see how much you need us”

https://www.stereogum.com/7367/morrissey_i_apologise_for_speaking_to_nme/wheres-the-beef/
      • Like Like x 1
    14. StalinsPipe
      StalinsPipe
      Yet, he has accepted a Q Award and an Ivor Novello in the past, although these are more prestigious than an NME award.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I imagine he's got plenty of room in a few places.
    16. Tibby the cat 93
      Tibby the cat 93
      As I recall the Morrissey/Robert Smith spat involved meat eating. On that subject Morrissey is on the right side of history,trust me.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      It's complicated!
    18. URBANUS
      URBANUS
      [​IMG]
    19. Oh my god. it's Robby!
      Oh my god. it's Robby!
      C3206822-FA71-4856-BE2C-70C1FEABF8D6.jpeg
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    20. saintssmileshyly
      saintssmileshyly
      I saw The Cure on their last tour through Charlotte, NC. They played 35 songs. They played for 3 hours. You are incorrect regarding the greatest hits comment. Yes, they play their popular songs. Like Morrissey, they have about 40-50 songs (not including The Smiths’ songs) that M solo fans would love to hear....In fact, they neatly cobble them together by album sequence in 5 three or four song encores. However, they have had outstanding albums during the past 25 years including 4:13 Dream and Bloodflowers. I’ve seen Morrissey 20 times. Every show has been a landmark and enjoyable event. However, he has played anywhere from 12-19 songs at each show, and he has been off the stage within 55-65 minutes.
      • Like Like x 2