Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been searching online for “morrissey leeds tickets”, to see if any announcement had finally been made, and noticed tickets showing for sale on stereoboard, from viagogo, starting at a whopping £177 each!!! (Despite the fact they aren’t officially on sale).
Isn’t it about time the authorities clamped down on (alleged) insider ticket practices?
I remember when tickets were on sale for Morrissey’s recent gig at the manchester apollo. tickets Sold out within seconds, yet we were directed immediately to the official sites “sister site”, where tickets were plentyful, yet several hundred pounds more than face value. Seems very fishy to me.
It makes one question how these “official” outlets are actually operating. Maybe there needs to be an independant enquiry into their practices, just to make sure fans aren’t being scammed or ripped off by them.
In the end, we weren’t paying touts or greedy companies over the odds for apollo tickets. We waited, and a couple of weeks later recieved an email from a couple of the official ticket sites, letting us know that more tickets had been released, so i went online and ordered 2 standing tickets at face value.

Just been searching online for “morrissey leeds tickets”, to see if any announcement had finally been made, and noticed tickets showing for sale on stereoboard, from viagogo, starting at a whopping £177 each!!! (Despite the fact they aren’t officially on sale).
Isn’t it about time the authorities clamped down on (alleged) insider ticket practices?
I remember when tickets were on sale for Morrissey’s recent gig at the manchester apollo. tickets Sold out within seconds, yet we were directed immediately to the official sites “sister site”, where tickets were plentyful, yet several hundred pounds more than face value. Seems very fishy to me.
It makes one question how these “official” outlets are actually operating. Maybe there needs to be an independant enquiry into their practices, just to make sure fans aren’t being scammed or ripped off by them.
In the end, we weren’t paying touts or greedy companies over the odds for apollo tickets. We waited, and a couple of weeks later recieved an email from a couple of the official ticket sites, letting us know that more tickets had been released, so i went online and ordered 2 standing tickets at face value.
Stereoboard are in my "iffy" category.
Their earlier listing for Leeds tickets actually linked to this site:

Screenshot_20230309-1820472.png
Screenshot_20230309-182052.png

Unfortunately, I don't think we'd be allowed to sell tickets on Morrissey's behalf 😂
The resale vampires were active back then too - £332 😵‍💫
When it is formally announced, I'm sure the 'regular' sites will have plenty.
Regards,
FWD.

Stereoboard are in my "iffy" category.
Their earlier listing for Leeds tickets actually linked to this site:

View attachment 89679View attachment 89680

Unfortunately, I don't think we'd be allowed to sell tickets on Morrissey's behalf 😂
The resale vampires were active back then too - £332 😵‍💫
When it is formally announced, I'm sure the 'regular' sites will have plenty.
Regards,
FWD.

That's quite amusing redirecting to here. I think you'd do a better job with tickets than whoever is in charge of sorting them out right now, tbh.

Looks like Slow Readers Club have a decent following, should make for a good gig in Leeds.

First time I've been excited for an opening act/guest in quite a while. I think there will be a lot of fans of both wanting to attend, and that could make for an amazing gig. SRC's music is pretty tasty.

Fed up of the uncertainty now, think I’ll buy Johnny Marr & The charlatans tickets instead.

Still no news on the Leeds gig?

There was a Leeds poster posted recently by him - more recent than the one above -which pretty much confirms, as much as you can confirm an M gig before it occurs, that it's happening.

No information on when tickets will go on sale, though. It's a case of waiting and watching.

Maybe he’s just hoping we all forget about the leeds gig? I noticed the date has been pulled from the sound of the city site. I don’t know of any other bands or singers who experience so many “unforseen circumstances” when announcing their shows.
Maybe thats why most people can no longer be bothered to follow morrissey (are you reading this, Steven?)

There was a Leeds poster posted recently by him - more recent than the one above -which pretty much confirms, as much as you can confirm an M gig before it occurs, that it's happening.

No information on when tickets will go on sale, though. It's a case of waiting and watching.
Tickets on sale on Vivago (link on morrisseyofficial.com) for £176 each!! Makes me laugh how they have compiled a list to justify these tickets being a 'great deal'. It also says 13 000 tickets available - I'd imagine the price of tickets would have to be well below £50 for that many to sell, but I don't see that being the case.

Hoping to see M again this year. Unfortunately couldn't make Sunday's gig (which sounded excellent), so I'm hoping either the Crystal Palace Park show goes ahead or, preferably, one or to shows at smaller, indoor venues in the UK are put on. Perhaps I'm being to wishful though! Viva Moz.

Tickets on sale on Vivago (link on morrisseyofficial.com) for £176 each!! Makes me laugh how they have compiled a list to justify these tickets being a 'great deal'. It also says 13 000 tickets available - I'd imagine the price of tickets would have to be well below £50 for that many to sell, but I don't see that being the case.

Hoping to see M again this year. Unfortunately couldn't make Sunday's gig (which sounded excellent), so I'm hoping either the Crystal Palace Park show goes ahead or, preferably, one or to shows at smaller, indoor venues in the UK are put on. Perhaps I'm being to wishful though! Viva Moz.

I take it you mean Viagogo? It's a ticket resale site notorious for fraud. It is not the Official vendor regardless of where they link to. Plus, morrisseyofficial.com doesn't even exist anymore, as far as I am aware. I certainly haven't been able to open it for a long time and security on the site has lapsed which indicates lack of upkeep/usage. I only follow Central and Facebook because I know them to be genuine. And any of his legitimate means of communication wouldn't be positing the idea of buying them off a resale site.

It says 13,000 capacity for Leeds Millennium Square and it's maximum around 8,000, so that just goes to show. There's no need to even look at these sites unless you are absolutely desperate for tickets and they have sold out, but even then I wouldn't part with my cash over on Viagogo. The tickets have not even gone on sale yet through official channels so most likely there are a lot of fraudulent sales, or attempts, going on.

The tickets were just under £66 each, including fees, for Leeds. I don't know about London because I don't think I'll be buying any. More than once outside for a gig in blighty is enough risk taking for me. The rest I purchase will be indoors. But as stated by Central's post, Crystal PP is to be viewed as not likely to be going ahead unless they state otherwise in future posts.

Sunday was excellent, yes, and certainly a lot more lively, but it can't be helped if you can't make it, even it can be super frustrating. Let us hope for a plethora of dates in smaller inside venues towards the back of the year/start of '24!

Last edited:
Well, we can now dismiss the theory that the tickets were only temporarily pulled whilst the promoters were trying to sell out the Apollo. My gut feeling is that London is definitely not happening, but now I'm starting to worry about Leeds as well. Be nice to get some kind of official word if these are both cancelled, rather than just leave us hanging. :paranoid:

Currently waiting online for tickets to go on sale for leeds, exciting times!!!

Checked out The Lottery Winners last night to see what they were like. Was hoping they would be exciting and decent sounding like TSRC, but urgh. Nope, not on the same level at all.

Their lyrics feel like something a five year old could muster, and knowing most of us adore M's lyrics due to their poetic nature and rampant sardonicism, we might have trouble with how basic they are. I found myself actually cringing at times.

Com’on Mozzer! - my son and are myself are Leeds millennium square bound - to see the man who has no equal.
disgustingly excited.

Checked out The Lottery Winners last night to see what they were like. Was hoping they would be exciting and decent sounding like TSRC, but urgh. Nope, not on the same level at all.

Their lyrics feel like something a five year old could muster, and knowing most of us adore M's lyrics due to their poetic nature and rampant sardonicism, we might have trouble with how basic they are. I found myself actually cringing at times.
Was just checking them out and yeah. Not great. The lyrics didn't bother me as I don't understand lyrics in English without purposefully paying attention to them anyway ha.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom