Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Slow Reader Club are obviously going to be big. They kept quiet about being support for Morrissey. The backlash has obviously been bad and damaging to their prospects. Once announced they nust have considered the impact of pulling out will clearly generate greater interest than saying yes. They can hardly pronounce their stance against racism then support Morrissey.
The last thing Moz needs is being egged by a fan of one of their fans.
Taking a stance of supporting toxic Morrissey is an unnecessary risk for a band so closest huge success.
Big top. Clown. Day release. Etc

They didn’t keep quiet about supporting Morrissey, I have a friend who is psls with kurtis (starkie) and they are/ were really looking forward to supporting him.
Even last week they tweeted: “We’re buzzin to announce that we will be supporting Morrissey on 12th July in Leeds! We are huge fans of Morrissey and The Smiths and we can’t wait to share this experience with you.” So you can take your “ hes a racist” BS elsewhere

Yeh, I saw the tweets. You're absolutely right - as evidenced by your post above. This person clearly has no idea what they're talking about and looks like an imbecile right about now. That's why I said I hope it was satire because if it's not it's deluded to the nth degree.

Calling him racist is what people do when they can't be bothered to think for themselves. As soon as someone calls him that I realise they are likely no longer worth engaging with. I enjoy conversation with those who have at least some form of critical thinking skills/logical mindset and there is no quicker way to inform me you are sorely lacking in both than to bring out the racism card.

On a lighter note, I admit I had never heard of TSRC until the announcement, but I immediately listened to their album "Cavalcade" and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I am excited to hear them play live, too. When usually I skip the opening act.

They didn’t keep quiet about supporting Morrissey, I have a friend who is psls with kurtis (starkie) and they are/ were really looking forward to supporting him.
Even last week they tweeted: “We’re buzzin to announce that we will be supporting Morrissey on 12th July in Leeds! We are huge fans of Morrissey and The Smiths and we can’t wait to share this experience with you.” So you can take your “ hes a racist” BS elsewhere
(y)(y)

Maybe you can ask your friend to ask Kurtis if the show is happening still! :)

Last edited:
Even I was in a panic wondering why I was able to purchase if it wasn't happening. They've offered a refund if I wanted one but politely declining that they said they are still valid regardless of if anything changes.
You should hang on to your ticket anyway - if it's cancelled you might be in the possession of the only one - a unique Moz collectable!

(y)(y)

Maybe you can ask your friend to ask Kurtis if the show is happening still! :)
I did ask him, and he said he would message him, but still waiting. Already booked 2 days off work for the gig and booked the hotel (which, fortunately, can be cancelled up to the 11th july), so hoping its not a big let down…

You should hang on to your ticket anyway - if it's cancelled you might be in the possession of the only one - a unique Moz collectable!

I'm planning on going to London for a dirty weekend. I'm in my hedonist era!
Would love to hears songs from ROTT and also Wedding Bell Blues again. God that record is so f***ing good.

That's true! I shall do that. Good thinking, Batman! 😉

I know I don't have to worry about when they go on sale like others do, but I still can't help but feel anxious to know when/if other people will be able to get theirs. He isn't exactly forthcoming with news. It's so simple to let everyone know and keep those who matter in the loop, but they seem to have a dire issue with communication that shows no signs of resolving.

He isn't exactly forthcoming with news. It's so simple to let everyone know and keep those who matter in the loop, but they seem to have a dire issue with communication that shows no signs of resolving.
Very nicely put and sadly very true. I wonder why that is. It surely isn't that hard to keep everyone informed, so why are they acting like this? It seems to me that every little piece of information they give leaves deliberately room for speculation.

Morrissey Official Facebook page just posted another promo for the Leeds date - no mention of London or when tickets are on sale.
335673055_233660425825936_7021248369555641104_n.jpg

Anyone listened to the support act? Apparently they’re from Manchester.
Yes, if you like editors/ joy division with a hint of Morrissey’s “irish blood english heart”, then you’ll like slow readers club no problem

Yes, if you like editors/ joy division with a hint of Morrissey’s “irish blood english heart”, then you’ll like slow readers club no problem

First track I've heard from them. Not bad at all.

Do you have any suggestions for bands like The Editors/Joy Division with a hint of Morrissey's "Tony The Pony", please?

First track I've heard from them. Not bad at all.

Here's one I really like. Some say their songs all sound the same, and I would say their music is not as memorable as Morrissey's but a great sound nevertheless.

Don’t you ever put the magnificent Joy Division and Editors together like that.

Don’t you ever put the magnificent Joy Division and Editors together like that.
Hahaha! Sorry, let me rephrase it: if you like the editors mixed with a bit of the guitar from, “irish blood english heart”, then you may like the slow readers club

Here's one I really like. Some say their songs all sound the same, and I would say their music is not as memorable as Morrissey's but a great sound nevertheless.

Yep, good, enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
There's a guitar ska-like riff right at the end c.3:19 onwards which reminded me of something which I just couldn't put my finger on (one of those which drives you mad), then bingo, came to me:
If Saturday Ever Comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, good, enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.
There's a guitar ska-like riff right at the end c.3:19 onwards which reminded me of something which I just couldn't put my finger on (one of those which drives you mad), then bingo, came to me:
If Saturday Ever Comes.
Oh yes! I hadn't noticed that before because I haven't listened to the demo since Sam put it on YouTube (as the sound is so bad on it). Such a waste - it really could have been made into beautiful song and seems to have come from a time when Morrissey's voice was especially good.

Hahaha! Sorry, let me rephrase it: if you like the editors mixed with a bit of the guitar from, “irish blood english heart”, then you may like the slow readers club
That’s better!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom