Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I can see the Leeds show working well but that capacity in Crystal Palace Park? (With the chance that it might rain, or be too hot, or too chilly...) Feels like a big risk to me.

Not trying to be gloomy, I'm so excited to see what he plays at these upcoming shows!

Glad to see more uk shows but worried these venues might be too big for him to fill. Leeds was half empty last time he played there.

Morrissey is always surprising us! I think The Slow Readers Club is a great choice for support: I really got into their music during lockdown and it looks like they perform live really well. I suppose these dates could be in addition to the mooted Israel and Sicily ones. Anyway, really good shows in Europe this month could give ticket sales a boost.

Glad to see more uk shows but worried these venues might be too big for him to fill. Leeds was half empty last time he played there.

That was the arena though which holds 14k, Millennium Square is about 5K. Good space though I went to see Embrace there in 2005. I would love to see him at Halifax Piece Hall as it's a fabulous place, saw New Order there in 2021.

49970-051 (1).jpg

Last edited:
That's was the arena though which holds 14k, Millennium Square is about 5K.
That's good to know. Crystal Palace Park looks pretty huge though at 15k capacity. The Apollo where he's playing next week is 3.3k capacity, and that didn't exactly sell out. Hopefully we get a big-name support act in London to boost the sales.

Yes, I can see the Leeds show working well but that capacity in Crystal Palace Park? (With the chance that it might rain, or be too hot, or too chilly...) Feels like a big risk to me.

Not trying to be gloomy, I'm so excited to see what he plays at these upcoming shows!
Yeah, I think my estimate of Morrissey's London audience is around 7,000-8,000 these days and it looks to have a 15,000 capacity. So, I think it will safely be half full at least, which might be enough for a decent atmosphere and to avoid the risk of cancellation due to poor sales.

That's good to know. Crystal Palace Park looks pretty huge though at 15k capacity. The Apollo where he's playing next week is 3.3k capacity, and that didn't exactly sell out. Hopefully we get a big-name support act in London to boost the sales.
I think Apollo is actually 5,000 for concerts where the front section is a standing area. Still, it's not sold out and it's a big jump up to 15,000.

I hope they all sell out and the fans have a great time. Perfect opportunity for Moz to change up the setlists, seque between songs, do alternative versions etc. There is so much an artist can do to spice up a concert and make it interesting for long term fans. If he focuses mainly on the new songs then he's taking a risk but I wouldn't blame him for wanting to look forward instead of backwards. He should consider doing longer concerts and giving audiences a bumper bonus of songs. This is the time for Moz to create a buzz and shore up his fanbase with knockout concerts.

The concert venue in Crystal Palace Park holds 8,000. It's not the stadium.
Ah, that would be more appropriate. I Googled Crystal Palace Park capacity and I got this:
"Positioned in a beautiful natural amphitheatre capable of holding up to 15,000 people and with the stage facing an ornamental lake, the Bowl sits within the historic Grade II* listed Crystal Palace Park, in the London borough of Bromley."

I think Apollo is actually 5,000 for concerts where the front section is a standing area. Still, it's not sold out and it's a big jump up to 15,000.
Maybe he knows something we don't.
Such big shows without a new record out would be hard to sell out.
So let's hope there will be something new released before the Summer.

His recent batch of UK & Ireland shows were absolutely phenomenal, if these shows are anything like them I'll be thrilled. Can't wait!

Also The slow Readers Club are a brilliant band, great news all round. Wonder who the London special guests are?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom