Crystal Castles appreciation

Oh my god. it's Robby!

spontaneously luminescent
cc.jpg

this thread to rectify the absence of one for this awesome band :eek:
I find myself playing them more and more
don't you?
I know there have to be at least a few fans of them here, right?
I mean, I found some for Metric last month, why not this also awesome band! :)

they're decent...but they really need to try and fit a few more ironic articles of clothing in there. i mean, you got the ill fitting hoodie, retro t-shirt, Delia's catalog socks and retard shoes...but her skirt needs some puffy paint or something

new leaked album is frakkin awesome, I cannot wait to see them in August :guitar:
my fave tracks on it are Celestica, Empathy & Vietnam* :love:
I mean, it could use more of Alice's divine vocals, but what couldn't

*=and not just for the song title, though Vietnam will always have a special place in my heart, amen...

new leaked album is frakkin awesome, I cannot wait to see them in August :guitar:
my fave tracks on it are Celestica, Empathy & Vietnam* :love:
I mean, it could use more of Alice's divine vocals, but what couldn't

*=and not just for the song title, though Vietnam will always have a special place in my heart, amen...

I missed the chance to see them last week. :(

I heard the new album is slightly softer, dancier, less aggro. True?

Don't roast me over an open flame, Robby, but Alice Glass is kind of a side show, don't you think? The best tracks on the debut album did not feature her vocals at all. I'm willing to be persuaded, though. In part because I fear her-- she looks like she'd drink your blood with a smile. Actually they both do. They look like they've formed a demonic cult of two.

Don't roast me over an open flame, Robby, but Alice Glass is kind of a side show, don't you think? The best tracks on the debut album did not feature her vocals at all. I'm willing to be persuaded, though. In part because I fear her-- she looks like she'd drink your blood with a smile. Actually they both do. They look like they've formed a demonic cult of two.

much less aggro, except for a few tracks
and yeah, Alice is still sort of side showish, but her vocals really have improved, you can even divine that her vocals set the agenda for more than one track :eek:
all that being said, the swirly goths are in love with her and so am I when I hang out with them :p

It's true. I like everything they did before this album! I don't like the new album exept some songs! :(

one of the things I dislike most about my job is it not being alrite for me to wear headphones and listen to my music while I clean and stock the place :straightface:
however, I made a convert to Crystal Castles out of one of our barenders :)
now she plays them for like the first hour on Wednesday :guitar:
and it really does make me work better, weird, huh? :crazy:

Seen these on Jools Holland and they were rubbish, the girl looked like she was on drugs..based on that performance they aren't a band I would check out live.

Robby!

Tip: if you haven't gotten it yet, check out the "Celestica" EP. Since I know you like Alice so much, I thought you should know there are three "Alice Practice"-ish tunes on the EP. You'd like them.

so yeah, I was so looking forward to this show, but I have to sell my ticket so that I can work that night :(
and pay for my own plane ticket and hotel room for a trip I must take down to Socal the next weekend because my brother is getting married :eek:

so yeah, I was so looking forward to this show, but I have to sell my ticket so that I can work that night :(
and pay for my own plane ticket and hotel room for a trip I must take down to Socal the next weekend because my brother is getting married :eek:

Hey babes!
Missed you around here...sorry about the show :(
Happy for your brother :)

Back
Top Bottom