Cryptic Rock review by Alfie Vera Mella - IANADOAC 5/5

Here's an excerpt;
"And then there is the raging bull that is “Bobby, Don’t You Think They Know?”—a Gospel/Blues-inspired track; the album’s first single, featuring vocals by the American R&B singer Thelma Houston; followed by the equally unrelenting title-track, swaying and swinging coolly, obviously teasing and taunting whoever Morrissey has written the song for: “There is no point in being nice!”
Morrissey with his gang—Boz Boorer (guitar), Jesse Tobias (guitar), Matt Walker (drums), Gustavo Manzur (keyboards), and Mando Lopez (bass)—then treats the listener to something musically relaxed and atmospheric—“What Kind of People Live in These Houses?” and “Knockabout World”—but still lyrically brazen. The ensuing horn-laden “Darling, I Hug a Pillow” is sweet and tender, reminiscent of Morrissey’s early works, such as “The Last of the Famous International Playboys” and “We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful.” With “Once I Saw the River Clean,” Morrissey then takes the listener to synthpop realms—textured, washed, subtly foreboding, but hopeful.
With Manzur’s piano prowess and Walker’s percussive creativity in “The Truth about Ruth,” Morrissey is then able to showcase once again his flair for Vaudeville balladry. The theatrical antics then continues with “The Secret of Music."

I Am Not A Dog on a Chain is hands down Morrissey's best post Smiths record. The record he did with Mick Ronson is a close second. In fact, in may even be a better than a Smiths record and I saw the Smiths live 3 times and bought their debut record weeks after its release. Fantastic lyrics, killer musicianship, great production, and incredible voice melodies. It is simply an extraordinary record up there with his very best work. Morrissey just kicked some serious ass with this release! (y)

Clearly this review (like all the other positive ones) don't count because this reviewer is a Morrissey fan and BIASED, the only reviews that do count are the ones where the reviewer hates Morrissey since they aren't biased in any way shape or form :^)

Clearly this review (like all the other positive ones) don't count because this reviewer is a Morrissey fan and BIASED, the only reviews that do count are the ones where the reviewer hates Morrissey since they aren't biased in any way shape or form :^)

Really, go eff yourself, you c***.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom