Morrissey Central "Cruel World." (May 12, 2022)

IMG_8771_qlx9zb.jpg

Source article:

Regards,
FWD.

It's a frustrating "victory" because GMO soy and unregulated "bio-engineered" lab food cannot be the future of a cruelty-free diet. The best case scenario is that these things function as a temporary ideological bridge to a different way of thinking about eating.

It's a frustrating "victory" because GMO soy and unregulated "bio-engineered" lab food cannot be the future of a cruelty-free diet.

Who says it is ? Did the people at the festival say they are serving ‘GMO soy and unregulated "bio-engineered" lab food’ ?

And do the carnivores that have to eat differently for one or two days really care if the soy is GMO or not, after the poison and shit that they already put in their bodies? I don’t think so.

Though I agree it shouldn’t be the future of anyone’s diet.

The best case scenario is that these things function as a temporary ideological bridge to a different way of thinking about eating.

sure, that’s one way to look at it. I mean if we want to survive, we can’t continue destroying the planet so people could eat animals, not saying this is the only problem in what’s contributing to our own self destruction.

Who says it is ? Did the people at the festival say they are serving ‘GMO soy and unregulated "bio-engineered" lab food’ ?

And do the carnivores that have to eat differently for one or two days really care if the soy is GMO or not, after the poison and shit that they already put in their bodies? I don’t think so.
I don't need someone to tell me that it is. It's what all of the vegan fast food is made of. It's not a criticism of Morrissey or the festival, it's just a statement of fact. I'm not really concerned about whatever sacrifice a carnivore has to make for a day or two, I just think it's regrettable that so much soy garbage gets sold to the public as a healthy alternative to meat when it's not. I relied on that crap when I was a younger, lazier vegetarian but now I don't really touch it.

I don't need someone to tell me that it is. It's what all of the vegan fast food is made of.
I didn’t know that. I also didn’t know that what they are only serving there is vegan unhealthy fast food. Also, I wonder if people concerned with what they eat will demand to be shown what actually is in the ingredients
of what they’re choosing to put into their bodies? I think they would and should. And those that won’t ask or care to, don’t care what they put into their bodies.
It's not a criticism of Morrissey or the festival, it's just a statement of fact. I'm not really concerned about whatever sacrifice a carnivore has to make for a day or two, I just think it's regrettable that so much soy garbage gets sold to the public as a healthy alternative to meat when it's not.

People have to educate themselves and make the right choices in anything this world throws at them or tries to sell them. There’s way more sources of protein to a vegetarian or vegan diet than just soy, I rarely eat it myself.

I relied on that crap when I was a younger, lazier vegetarian but now I don't really touch it.

grow and learn. (y)

I’m guessing that’s more from a sales point of view, so that the people that continue to eat animals won’t feel so ‘weird’ by eating something that’s not meat, and will have some idea of how it will taste, with similar seasonings the way meat is prepared.

Yep, ya gotta ease'm into it.
Some will get a realizin' from it though.

I would like to be there. Any live streams available?

Oh, and as this appears to be the food thread - I just had some mushroom filets on asia salad in lemon balsam and olive oil.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom