Cruel World Co-performers, English Beat's Dave Wakeling suggests fans can leave early before Morrissey plays

Dave Wakeling, frontman of English Beat and Co-performer of Cruel World Festival, tells fans they can leave early before Morrissey show....

unnamed (1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The English Beat were fantastic and even the final albums released as The Beat featuring Ranking Roger or Dave Wakeling are mighty fine BUT......this comment is friggin' stupid. My ONLY gripe with Moz is he doesn't defend himself worth crap. I'd still listen to his music if came out as a Trumper....well, I dunno there.

You can go to any of the artists listed when this gig was announced, and everyone's feed has various people moaning about Moz, so it's not surprising some of the bands are doing damage control. As a random example, I just checked Blondie's facebook page regarding this announcement, and here are some comments:

• Would be best if Morrissey wasn't on the bill!
  • Morrisey as the top headliner or involved at all is a buzz kill. He's lost his way. Alt-right. No thanks.
  • The irony of Morrissey headlining a Cruel World Fest is so killing! Mr Far Right grizzling about a cruel world he’s instrumental in creating? Amazed at the bands supporting this.
Then again, Deborah Harry fans still have her issues to deal with so why listen to them? 😄

If Dave Wakeling had said something favorable about Morrissey, you'd be reading 5 pages of these dipshits talking about how much they love The English Beat.

BGV, it would be 5 pages of you trolls berating the 7-11 group:rolleyes:

IF.😶
if if if.......if peeps emitted particles:crazy:
if the circle was a square....:crazy:
if the ocean was full of beer...(a certain local bald perv would
be underwater:lbf:)

🇭🇷>:hammer:

Stupid reflection from Mr Wakeling of an increasingly stupid world.

Surely a joke; stating the bleeding obvious for the virtue signalling daft—who might claim the festival format presents them with some complicated ethical dilemma?

From what I gather, Morrissey is unlikely to stop the show to plead with detractors to stay.
Exactly. If he had real principles he would pull out of the gigs. But no. Happy to take the dollars first and then lecture punters.
The Brummy Twat

I seem to see a pattern here. Anyone that says anything remotely off putting about Morrissey the crowd run to assume it's a horrible statement about Morrissey (the Mozster mentality strikes again!). Dave is not saying anything nasty about Morrissey. He is simply just stating the facts that if you were not going to the festival on principle that Morrissey is playing still come and skip his performance. He is actually just helping to promote the event. No slam on Morrissey.
How did you come up with rationalisation? This guy Dave was invited and paid to perform at the Cruel world Festival. Morrissey was also. Suggesting people leave before Morrissey performs is not only a slight against Morrissey but also a slight against the festival and its organisers being the very ones who invited this guy. Do you think they want their patrons leaving before a major headline act they themselves invited? Sure this guy can say whatever he wants but let's not pretend it's coming from a place of rational thought as if anyone is going take his advice. He's just a woke little creep accusing people of wrong think.

How did you come up with rationalisation? This guy Dave was invited and paid to perform at the Cruel world Festival. Morrissey was also. Suggesting people leave before Morrissey performs is not only a slight against Morrissey but also a slight against the festival and its organisers being the very ones who invited this guy. Do you think they want their patrons leaving before a major headline act they themselves invited? Sure this guy can say whatever he wants but let's not pretend it's coming from a place of rational thought as if anyone is going take his advice. He's just a woke little creep accusing people of wrong think.
Spot on.
Imagine Morrissey saying "I am glad Dave Wanking is performing. Gives you all a chance to take a piss and get something to eat until the next act comes on."
What a Brummy twat

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom