Cracked.com's somewhat critical Morrissey biography.

Shame

http://www.cracked.com/funny-6605-morrissey/

It's got references to the pen-pal letters, the "I can smell burning flesh" incident, the Hamburgist, the Chinese controversy, and more, so it's not critical in an off-handed way. Before you read, here's a a few things you might find yoursellf arguing with out loud:
  • The writer doesn't acknowledge that Asian Rut, in all its keyboard cheapness, is written in a way that is sympathetic to the Asian victim.
  • It mentions his sexuality.
  • It doesn't explain that I Have Forgiven Jesus is a layered satirical song about the lust-denying nature of the church.
  • Some other stuff.
It does, however, refer to things Morrissey says nowadays as "batshit insane", which is amusing because I recently expressed a similar/the exact same sentiment to a friend.

Enjoy.

I am not a fan so portentous that I can't appreciated some humor directed at Morrissey's way. I am used to people mocking Morrissey, but this is particularly nasty in some parts. Talk about laying it on thick. That bit about wishing Cromwell "had finished the job"? It's unnecessary.

I am going to send this to some family members who don't know who Morrissey is, but know that I'm a bit obsessed with him. It should be good for Thanksgiving day chatter...

I am not a fan so portentous that I can't appreciated some humor directed at Morrissey's way. I am used to people mocking Morrissey, but this is particularly nasty in some parts. Talk about laying it on thick. That bit about wishing Cromwell "had finished the job"? It's unnecessary.
Yeah Happy Maudlin, that is beyond the pale.

Back
Top Bottom