-Alan Watts
-Iggy Pop

Who else?
What is the Alan Watts link?

-Vini Reilly
-Mary Margaret O'Hara

The-Durutti-Column.jpg

158129-sd.jpg

Chrissie Hynde (Back on the Chain Gang; My Love Life)

Jarvis Cocker on “The Truth About Ruth"
That's a writing credit and requires no collaboration between the two whatsoever.
See:
Screenshot_20221202-175524~2.png

Where the Olivia Newton-John sample needs the above added to the writing credits.
Assuming the Jarvis entry isn't erroneous (there's quite a bit of that on BMI), then it could well be a sample used being credited.
Regards,
FWD.

Visconti you will never be …

a Street, a Lillywhite or even a Chiccarelli.

I can sort of get the point of 'guest appearances' outside of the main band members, but I'm not sure why producers like Visconti are listed.

Anyway - going back to the guest collaborators, I'll add Jim Moir (aka Vic Reeves), for his uncredited guest vocals on 'That's Entertainment'.
Going by this it looks as though Bob Mortimer might have initially been in the frame to do vocals as well (I didn't realise he was also present), but apparently it's just Vic who recorded anything: https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-star-sunday/20211010/281642488349131

" producers like Visconti are listed."
Me either, as you may as well say Stephen Street, and John Porter, Mark Nevin, Let's not forget Craig Gannon (re smiths)
Boz was in the Polecats, so he was actually a collaboration. Alan was in feck all of note. Jesse was a known artist
M was meant to sing what became Yes with Bernard Butler but he couldn't do the business, so the song went to David M
It's a shame johnny talked BB out of touring with M. There could have been a killer song or two that came out of that.
There are a load of acts that have wanted to work with him From Pixies singer/songwriter and Richard Hawley to Prince and Damon
I would kill to hear M work with BB or Hawley, I bet the Radiohead boys would love to work with M also. LOve LOve LOve to hear M's voice over a Johnny Greenwood guitar
M asked Paul Weller to do a tune, that would have been dope. Paul isn't really keen on M. Then of course, M tried to float a duet with Bowie, but Bowie also wasn't keen on M, as a person

Back
Top Bottom