Could Eggnog Bring The Smiths Back Together? - Johnny Marr- Big Issue preview; Marr in Loaded

COULD EGGNOG BRING THE SMITHS BACK TOGETHER? - The Big Issue
Johnny Marr reveals to The Big Issue the magic ingredient required for a Smiths reunion

Guitar legend Johnny Marr has told The Big Issue the conditions required for a re-kindling of The Smiths’ flame: eggnog and a roaring fire.

Explaining what it would take for a reformation to occur, Marr said: “It would have to have all four band members sat round an open fire drinking eggnog first. We really would have to have a lovely kind of feeling between us to take it onstage."It would have to be a celebration of an amazing thing that makes everybody happy. I’m not sure I ever see that happening.”

Although Marr poured cold water on speculation about any imminent reunion tour, he left enough room for fans to dream. “I’ve never been bitter about anything that happened – I was always too proud of what we did.”In his ‘Letter to My Younger Self’ interview with The Big Issue, Marr reminisced about how he and Morrissey “caught fire” as friends, and the “Irish working-class work ethic” that drove him to write William, It Was Really Nothing, How Soon Is Now?, and Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want in three days.

Read the full Johnny Marr ‘Letter to My Younger Self’ interview in this week’s edition of The Big Issue, on the streets until February 10

ABOUT THE BIG ISSUE

Uncleskinny also posts the thread in the forums:

Johnny Marr in Loaded Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is really lovely.I think Morrissey and Johnny`s friendship brought us very beautiful music.They have so much to be proud of.

Last edited:
Re: Could Eggnog Bring The Smiths Back Together? - Johnny Marr, Big Issue Preview

I don't know, but I know what I would like to happen.

P.

Do you want the Smiths to reform Pete? Did you ever see them live?
Jim

Re: Article: Could Eggnog Bring The Smiths Back Together? - Johnny Marr- Big Issue pr

Vegan-Eggnog.jpg
eggnog.jpg

Attachments

• Lew-Robertson-eggnog.jpg
    Lew-Robertson-eggnog.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 30
  • eggnog.jpg
    eggnog.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
Re: Article: Could Eggnog Bring The Smiths Back Together? - Johnny Marr- Big Issue pr

I finally got a copy of Big Issue, tempted to type up the article here.

On the other hand, thinking of sending it to Uncleskinny who can post a scan sometime next week.

I finally got a copy of Big Issue, tempted to type up the article here.

On the other hand, thinking of sending it to Uncleskinny who can post a scan sometime next week.

Yeah, seeing as it's a charity magazine it may be good to hold back for a while with transcripts or scans :thumb:

10,000 Smiths fans begin internet search for all-time best eggnog recipe (one which disguises the euphoric drugs with which it will be laced.)
:thumb: :guitar:

OK, so I held back until the issue was no longer for sale. Interestingly I buy the Big Issue every week up here, and it wasn't in our issue.

2ztf5oz.jpg

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom