cosmo (yes that damn magazine) is ruining my relationship with my girlfriend

I think you are being too picky. Relationships are give and take. I imagine you do some things she doesn't like, whether she mentions it or not. Like Arsenal said, you are each supposed to do your own thing. If the worst thing she does is read a magazine you aren't fond of then you should consider yourself very lucky.

Last edited:
no, the worst thing she does is be a mindless f***ing sexist. i'm not fond of rolling stone or time magazine but would have no trouble with either of those because they're not completely moronic.

Well then why are you with her?

And hi terence! :)

It sounds like it's really upsetting you. If she knew it was upsetting you this much, she would probably stop reading it.

haha no. she would not. she's upset that it upsets me so much. understandably. i'm not saying she's an awful person. that's the thing-she's not. so i do not understand why she reads this awful shit.

haha no. she would not. she's upset that it upsets me so much. understandably. i'm not saying she's an awful person. that's the thing-she's not. so i do not understand why she reads this awful shit.

Hmm. Does she love the magazine more than she loves you?

Hmm. Does she love the magazine more than she loves you?

haha very doubtful. i know "why does it matter then?" i dunno...

and i mean...i dunno. i've jokingly said at blockbuster "let's get wrestling dvds" and she's said that if i were a wrestling fan that would be a deal breaker (understandably). so i guess it's like that. and there's a reason i don't watch wrestling. because i'm not a f***ing idiot. so why does she read that awful magazine?

Last edited:
haha very doubtful. i know "why does it matter then?" i dunno...

and i mean...i dunno. i've jokingly said at blockbuster "let's get wrestling dvds" and she's said that if i were a wrestling fan that would be a deal breaker (understandably). so i guess it's like that. and there's a reason i don't watch wrestling. because i'm not a f***ing idiot. so why does she read that awful magazine?

If I was reading Cosmo it's because I hoped to get an insight into the male psyche. Also sex tips.
And I'd want to get an insight because I'd want to know more about guys, in order to make the relationship better. I know it would all be BS that I was reading but some of the things which are written are interesting.

Last edited:
Is there something else bothering you? Sometimes when people try to end relationships they try to find fault with the other.

And I resent your wrestling statement. :tears:

no this really is the only thing bothering me. i just think she's much much smarter than that and think that if she's really the type to read cosmo then i just don't feel i can relate to her at all. i really don't know what the appeal of that magazine is to her. i just do not get it.

Just don't be suprised when she gets angry with you for dumping her over a magazine.

Why would he care? He would have just dumped her ass over something that really bothered him. I don't think her acting like a two year old and throwing a fit is on the list of things he gives a damn about at that point.

If I was reading Cosmo it's because I hoped to get an insight into the male psyche. Also sex tips.
And I'd want to get an insight because I'd want to know more about guys, in order to make the relationship better. I know it would all be BS that I was reading but some of the things which are written are interesting.

can't tell if you're trolling or not...you really think cosmo accurately portrays the male psyche? that's insanely offensive. and also if that were the case then i would much rather date somebody who knows me from getting to know me...not from reading some stupid shitty magazine.

no this really is the only thing bothering me. i just think she's much much smarter than that and think that if she's really the type to read cosmo then i just don't feel i can relate to her at all. i really don't know what the appeal of that magazine is to her. i just do not get it.

Have you asked her what she reads in it? I read Cosmo sometimes, but just the sex and fashion sections. It could be that maybe she just reads it for a few sections, which may have nothing to do with men.

Have you asked her what she reads in it? I read Cosmo sometimes, but just the sex and fashion sections. It could be that maybe she just reads it for a few sections, which may have nothing to do with men.

ugh. maybe i really shouldn't be with anyone...

can't tell if you're trolling or not...you really think cosmo accurately portrays the male psyche? that's insanely offensive.

If you want to know how men think, ask a man!

Hell, I'll start a thread if you want and you can ask me any question you have and I'll answer it honestly, as a man, as 'most' men 'generally' think.

You will get a far, far more accurate view of how men are, trust me.

Btw, I quoted you, but the reply was to ZZ.

Why would he care? He would have just dumped her ass over something that really bothered him. I don't think her acting like a two year old and throwing a fit is on the list of things he gives a damn about at that point.

No but it's certainly something you want to avoid. :p

Back
Top Bottom