Morrissey Central Correction - Chris Laurence played string bass on "He Knows I'd Love To See Him" (August 24, 2022)

Chris Laurence played string bass on Morrissey's track "He Knows I'd Love To See Him."

full

Always considered this to be one of Andy R's finer moments.
Turns out it was Chris L's.
No wonder, cause it always stood out from other bass parts
on Moz songs.

According to 'Mozipedia' it was a session player called Danny Thompson - maybe that's what's being corrected?

Anyone know if Morrissey knew Lawrence from Felt ??, and if he ever said anything??

Anyone know if Morrissey knew Lawrence from Felt ??, and if he ever said anything??
I love Felt, but I’ve never heard Morrissey mention anything about them or Lawrence. But, go listen to “Penelope Tree,” then listen to Johnny Marr’s “European Me” and tell me they’re not totally similar!

Reason 1 - he’s being chased up for money and credits
Reason 2 - he’s chasing up 30 years of undocumented admin
Reason 3 - when the world is in flames keep it boring
Reason 4 - credit where credit’s due and quite rightly because it’s a tender and crisp piece of artistry.

In no particular order.

Edit- Morrissey in the Toilet / HKILTSH…. There could be a rhythm and rhyme here 🧐💭

I love Felt, but I’ve never heard Morrissey mention anything about them or Lawrence. But, go listen to “Penelope Tree,” then listen to Johnny Marr’s “European Me” and tell me they’re not totally similar!
Staggeringly similar.

According to 'Mozipedia' it was a session player called Danny Thompson - maybe that's what's being corrected?
Maybe the author got the info from PJLM, where it also states that session musician Danny Thompson played double bass, but his input wasn't credited anywhere.

That aside, the Beethoven version is also a nice track.

Reason 1 - he’s being chased up for money and credits
Reason 2 - he’s chasing up 30 years of undocumented admin
Reason 3 - when the world is in flames keep it boring
Reason 4 - credit where credit’s due and quite rightly because it’s a tender and crisp piece of artistry.

In no particular order.

Edit- Morrissey in the Toilet / HKILTSH…. There could be a rhythm and rhyme here 🧐💭

If you mean a kind of stoicism, then 3 is the wisest way to go in all matters.

I’m pretty sure Marr cited Felt as a bit of an influence. Not sure they knew each other or Moz
Lawrence has mentioned Morrissey a few times .
M would have been aware of Felt .They spring from a similar well of creation but M is not really an "indie " scene person like Lawrence.
Also we all know what seemed to think about Pete Dougherty. I would think the same would apply in this case. M moved into own world .

Maurice Deebank was auditioned for the solo band around the same time as Richard Hawley

If Morrissey is correcting credits, maybe he can finally reveal that Bob Holness played the trumpet on 'I Just Want to See the Boy Happy'?

Bit sad these kinda minor edging towards pointless stories imho. But it's all we have. If only M wasn't a luddite in his own weird way. Just release the new material himself... No point collecting labels as he once was...

Thank you. I read that the guitars in Felt have a similar style to Johnny and that for many Felt is superior to S. miths. Someone here put the video of primitive painters and I was surprised that I liked it very much and Lawrence with his personality impacted me, then I looked for him and saw that he has a sad history and that he is a good person is much lonelier than Morrissey weirder and took me love, so I wanted to know if Moz knew him, if I help him. Thank you, I will listen to the albums

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom