Morrissey Central "Coronation Street." (April 3, 2022)

People will slate you for posting this as usual, but it's completely true. I don't know of any other artist that fills their own "official" website with such pointless, irrelevant nonsense.
You clearly consider T-shirt and ticket links as life or death issues then—because that explains the entirety of most official pop star websites.
Morrissey Central is high-art in comparison to most.

R I P Dot Cotton (Eastenders)
Pretty sure she once sang along to Suedehead on the radio whilst folding Big Ron’s pants in the laundrette.

Benny 🇬🇧🇺🇦🔪

Morrissey’s impact on popular culture lovingly strikes again.

MOZ ETERNAL!

:rock::thumb::cool:

You obviously have no idea who Choir Choir Choir are. …not the fact that those people were all taking the piss.

Carry on.

This is what it's going to be like from now on. A reliance on any tangential media mention you can get as a signal of relevance. But then that's what you have to do when your records don't sell. You'll be seeing many more of these.
And yet Morrissey fans have always loved this kind of thing. Anytime we heard anything Morrissey or Smiths related on TV we recorded it, we shared it, it made us happy.

You used to be that guy too.

Morrissey has repeatedly been without record deals and has repeatedly come out of that and then done just fine.

He has some dates scheduled already this year and hopefully will ad some more.

Anytime he wants to go out, make a ton of money, do what he loves most - sing live and then go sleep in his 10,000 count sheets he can.

And what do you get out of life? You take your repeated, flaccid jabs at Morrissey to an audience of a few hundred people.

If you think you are winning or making a difference or harming Morrissey in some way then you clearly wield an imaginary power.

It must be a shame to only listen to The Draize Train, Money Changes Everything and Oscillate Wildly as clearly if you were to listen to Morrissey sing you'd end up in a drooling, catatonic stupor.

Also, if you think Morrissey doesn't have a record deal because no one will work with him you are mistaken. Morrissey could get a deal right this second if he was willing to do a 360 deal which allows the label to get a percentage of everything he does during the length of the deal. Many artists are popular because they sign these deals and the record label will do everything in their power to promote it because it's a windfall of money. Morrissey has already said he won't sign a deal like that.

People will slate you for posting this as usual, but it's completely true. I don't know of any other artist that fills their own "official" website with such pointless, irrelevant
And yet Morrissey fans have always loved this kind of thing. Anytime we heard anything Morrissey or Smiths related on TV we recorded it, we shared it, it made us happy.

Morrissey has repeatedly been without record deals and has repeatedly come out of that and then done just fine.

Anytime he wants to go out, make a ton of money, do what he loves most - sing live and then go sleep in his 10,000 count sheets he can.

And what do you get out of life? You take your repeated, flaccid jabs at Morrissey to an audience of a few hundred people.

If you think you are winning or making a difference or harming Morrissey in some way then you clearly wield an imaginary power.

It must be a shame to only listen to The Draize Train, Money Changes Everything and Oscillate Wildly as clearly if you were to listen to Morrissey sing you'd end up in a drooling, catatonic stupor.

Also, if you think Morrissey doesn't have a record deal because no one will work with him you are mistaken. Morrissey could get a deal right this second if he was willing to do a 360 deal which allows the label to get a percentage of everything he does during the length of the deal. Many artists are popular because they sign these deals and the record label will do everything in their power to promote it because it's a windfall of money. Morrissey has already said he won't sign a deal like that.

Very well said.

I'm pretty sure that "Big mouth strikes again" was used fairly commonly before the song. Especially in the north?

he may have trademarked the phrase since, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure he didn't invent the phrase? No more than "I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stich to wear" or "The sun shines out of out behinds" ...In fact the charm of the Smiths was in large part that the lyricist incorporated northern phrasing into his lyrics like no band had done before...even The Beatles..

To imply/suggest that these phrases are property of Moz I find a bit bizarre..

I stopped watching Corrie once all the hot studs like Percy Sugden and Alf Roberts left. I'm sure Morrissey was the same.

I'm pretty sure that "Big mouth strikes again" was used fairly commonly before the song. Especially in the north?

he may have trademarked the phrase since, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure he didn't invent the phrase? No more than "I would go out tonight but I haven't got a stich to wear" or "The sun shines out of out behinds" ...In fact the charm of the Smiths was in large part that the lyricist incorporated northern phrasing into his lyrics like no band had done before...even The Beatles..

To imply/suggest that these phrases are property of Moz I find a bit bizarre..
Your right. All of the sayings above,I can remember from the 1970s

I'm old school Smiths. Attended Amanda Hill's first ever Convention in Wolverhampton, devoured 'Smiths Indeed' until my fingers bled. As the band became more popular some of the older fans began to resent the newer apostles. Stupid in the extreme. Many have fallen by the wayside (death, lack of interest, remind them of unhappier times) but not one has reacted like Skinny towards Moz (not talking of the celebrity fans). It's like never gotten over your first love.

I'm old school Smiths. Attended Amanda Hill's first ever Convention in Wolverhampton, devoured 'Smiths Indeed' until my fingers bled. As the band became more popular some of the older fans began to resent the newer apostles. Stupid in the extreme. Many have fallen by the wayside (death, lack of interest, remind them of unhappier times) but not one has reacted like Skinny towards Moz (not talking of the celebrity fans). It's like never gotten over your first love.
The constancy is indeed curious, and perhaps key to understanding the sour apples: they wanted to play the role of gatekeepers then, and they feel a need to try and limit Morrissey’s audience now.

Yes, it’s really tragic.

Excellent response to an ex fan, who being an ex keeps coming again and again to the page of the singer who is now his ex but who can not let go. I was killed by the phrase "if you listen to Morrissey singing you would enter a catatonic and drooling stupor

Pretty pathetic Moz. Or Sam. Whoever. Make it stop. Please. Please. Please.

Some fans are able to embrace, accept or ignore Morrissey being racist.

Back
Top Bottom