Copenhagen, Denmark added (July 17, 2018, DR Koncerthuset); on sale now

its obviously making money or they wouldn't do it,in autobiography it says the band were on 800 - 1000 dollars a show and that was in the 90s,i would think they will be on about five grand a show,so once mozz pays the venue and 25 grand to the band and the hire of the equipment and the roadies and the tour busses and everything else,then whatevers left Morrissey gets,hahahaha.
Morrissey has to pay the venue, possible record company agreements for touring, accountants, taxes, managers, and so on. He doesn't get to keep all of what's left over, and we have no idea what stipend the band is on.

Even by those estimates, the band makes out with very little, and so does Morrissey.
This is a man who denied Mikey's friends and family comped tickets because he said it would endanger his pension.

Finally, I would love to see a citation from his book. I have found no such mention of the band's payments, and find it odd that he would even publish that information. If so, that's fairly low class.

So, let's say he sells out on the high end in a 3000 seater at an average of 50 bucks a pop. That's roughly 150,00 per show; not all shows are sold out, and he's not playing as many.

Divide all of that up into the aforementioned pockets, and you're looking at a rather paltry sum for the effort. It's a living, but you can't necessarily retire in comfort on that any time soon, and it's a living that I think most fans of Morrissey would be surprised generates such small sums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ticketsales for this July Tour alone will be around 50,000. At 70£ a ticket you’re looking at a 3.5 million revenue. If Moz gets half of that he’s doing just fine I would say.
50,000? Where on earth did you find that number?

Morrissey won't get even half if that even if it were true.

There's not a total of 50,00 seats that have been announced for June.

Morrissey has to pay the venue, possible record company agreements for touring, accountants, taxes, managers, and so on. He doesn't get to keep all of what's left over, and we have no idea what stipend the band is on.

Even by those estimates, the band makes out with very little, and so does Morrissey.
This is a man who denied Mikey's friends and family comped tickets because he said it would endanger his pension.

Finally, I would love to see a citation from his book. I have found no such mention of the band's payments, and find it odd that he would even publish that information. If so, that's fairly low class.

So, let's say he sells out on the high end in a 3000 seater at an average of 50 bucks a pop. That's roughly 150,00 per show; not all shows are sold out, and he's not playing as many.

Divide all of that up into the aforementioned pockets, and you're looking at a rather paltry sum for the effort. It's a living, but you can't necessarily retire in comfort on that any time soon, and it's a living that I think most fans of Morrissey would be surprised generates such small sums.

Most people don't know about this (which is understandable) but authors receive live royalties. Surely Morrissey only wrote 50% of each song he plays, but live royalties are pretty good, too. Touring also generates some radio/TV plays, too, resulting further royalties in 2019.

17,000 in Berlin, 16,000 in Manchester and the smaller venues added up gets you near 50,000.
Ticket prizes are steep everywhere so you’re looking at a couple of millions anyway, sell outs or not.
He will be way above the 100k he was asking per show a decade ago.

People really think Morrissey is the one dolling out all the ticket money to the respective parties? LOL. Like a bar band playing for a $5 cover.

What do you people think the role of the promoter is?

50,000? Where on earth did you find that number?

Morrissey won't get even half if that even if it were true.

There's not a total of 50,00 seats that have been announced for June.

I think what he is trying to say is, that if the Castlefield bowl sells out, even just for one of the days, it holds max 8,450, and at £71 a ticket(or near enough)

Mike AND his SCHMOOZING unemployed 'friends' wanted comped tickets. AGAIN??? How many time is he going to be told NO> he is:banned:

All he wants to do is to pretend he has a posse and is employed, sashaying while waving at the crowd, despite nobody recognizing or knowing who he is. FFS

He wants to be "COMPED" LOL doesnt want to have to use the Moz money to buy Moz tickets.:drama:

17,000 in Berlin, 16,000 in Manchester and the smaller venues added up gets you near 50,000.
Ticket prizes are steep everywhere so you’re looking at a couple of millions anyway, sell outs or not.
He will be way above the 100k he was asking per show a decade ago.
He is a thief, at least Dick Turpin wore a mask, :whip:

He's an artist/entertainer I don't understand all the hostility on here surrounding him making money. And it costs a lot of money to make a tour work. His fans use to be so kind. What is expected of him? Enjoy the songs but don't let what someone else is or does take over your life, it's too short for that.

all these people saying hes running out of money,when he stays in fancy hotels you will find when it comes to the bill there will be a big FOC{free of charge},hotels do this as they get the kudos of having a famous person staying in their hotel.

interior architecture looks fantastic, all seated though. i guess, it's actually possib to get up from one's seat during the ripper, e.g., then take an easy summer's stroll to the stage, hop onto it, try to find moz in the fog, hug him, say hi to boz and the band, wish them all the best for the rest of the tour, leap down from the stage and breeze back slowly to one's seat, lean back and close one's eyes, high

Last edited by a moderator:
interior architecture looks fantastic, all seated though. i guess, it's actually possib to get up from one's seat during the ripper, e.g., then take an easy summer's stroll to the stage, hop on it, try to find moz in the fog, hug him, say hi to boz and the band, wish them all the best for the rest of the tour, leap down the stage and breeze back slowly to one's seat, lean back and close one's eyes, high
you never know lanterns maybe one day it will happen for you.

you never know lanterns maybe one day it will happen for you.
oh yeah, though i enjoy my little daydreams too, not being a chaser, and the thrill of anticipation such a durable and unfettered thing compared to limited reality

He's an artist/entertainer I don't understand all the hostility on here surrounding him making money. And it costs a lot of money to make a tour work. His fans use to be so kind. What is expected of him? Enjoy the songs but don't let what someone else is or does take over your life, it's too short for that.

Notice the ones who claim about tickets prices are the ones who earn money in the reselling tickets business. Viagogo is one of many sites around the world which make fortunes with the work of artists and the money of fans. I congratulate Morrissey when he puts his prices according to the amount he thinks people will pay. Do people think if he sets the prices lower fans will pay less money? No, the difference between the lower price and the money people is willing to pay goes to the pockets of the speculators, that is, people who unlike the artists risk nothing and who contribute with nothing to art. When Morrissey went to my country three years ago I said here in this site tickets should have costed three or four times more, because that was the money people actually paid for the tickets. Besides, the sale of tickets pay taxes in most countries, and the reselling business pays nothing to anyone. Taxes are bad, but speculators are worst, and they, more than high official ticket prices, ruin the relationsip between the artists and their fans. That's why most artists and people hate those sites and the reselling business.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom