Coordinated viral campaign for moz

smiler

If ever there was a photo (credit to @lmwrapp / Twitter) that could front some kind of social media viral campaign/meme to get Morrissey a deal this is it. It looks like a renaissance painting. We just need a hashtag, and a plan. Any ideas?
#freemoz
#morrisseyrenaissance
#withoutmoztheworlddies
Could we get him trending across multiple platforms in a coordinated way?
Agree a mozzers day of attack, a message and a hastage....
A bit like that guy in Denver with the gun and the Smiths cassette only less 80s. Moz must have fans with big social media followings (like Wrestle Brand, Noel,.Walliams A$$ap thingy. and Miley) that could help push a message out into the mainstream....possibly. No?
Would be intresting to see who is prepared to stand up for him.
#truetoyou

Attachments

• 20230320_105030.jpg
    20230320_105030.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
If ever there was a photo (credit to @lmwrapp / Twitter) that could front some kind of social media viral campaign to get Morrissey a deal this is it. We just need a hashtag and a plan. Any ideas?
#freemoz
#withoutmoztheworlddies
A bit like that guy in Denver with the gun and the Smiths cassette only less 80s. Moz must have fans with big social media followings (like Wrestle Brand and Noel and Walliams) that could help push a message out into the mainstream....possibly. No?
#truetoyou
No.

If ever there was a photo (credit to @lmwrapp / Twitter) that could front some kind of social media viral campaign to get Morrissey a deal this is it. We just need a hashtag and a plan.
Presuming this isn't a tongue in cheek joke, all that would happen if you posted that photo to Twitter would be a load of people commenting about him being a racist, and how many gigs he's cancelled. No record label is going to give an artist a recording contract because of a cool gig photo.

#themorrisseyrenaissance
The Adoration of Saint Steven
The Morrissey revival.

Attachments

• 20230321_035132.jpg
    20230321_035132.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 0
In the usual Moz fan places, I don't even see the alleged racist complaints anymore, people are just sick of him, his drama, his bad attitude and his general lack of regard for anything or anyone. People seem to be losing interest for good, they seem done.

In the usual Moz fan places, I don't even see the alleged racist complaints anymore, people are just sick of him, his drama, his bad attitude and his general lack of regard for anything or anyone. People seem to be losing interest for good, they seem done.
You missed out on Hammersmith tickets I assume?

A friend of mine travelled from Germany (as did many others) to be there in Hammersmith. The concert was intense, so focused on Morrissey, that he even forgot to introduce the band. She was also in Brighton in October, which she definitely liked better. The real highlight for her, was the after-show party. A unifying moment, that kept no one on the edge of their seats. Everyone sang and danced and Sam resided in the background with his entourage. I can understand, that, as a concert attendee, you now want to see the next big step for Morrissey's rehabilitation, but he should decide what he really wants to stand for and why he thinks he wants to reach a wider circle, than his shrunken hardcore fanbase. Just being bitter against everything and everyone who regulates has no charm @ all.

Last edited:
If ever there was a photo (credit to @lmwrapp / Twitter) that could front some kind of social media viral campaign/meme to get Morrissey a deal this is it. It looks like a renaissance painting. We just need a hashtag, and a plan. Any ideas?
#freemoz
#morrisseyrenaissance
#withoutmoztheworlddies
A bit like that guy in Denver with the gun and the Smiths cassette only less 80s. Moz must have fans with big social media followings (like Wrestle Brand, Noel,.Walliams A$$ap thingy. and Miley) that could help push a message out into the mainstream....possibly. No?
#truetoyou

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and these days, that’s too many for most to bother with.

Anyway, one thing that photo shows is it’s a younger crowd, which points to his relevancy
today and not only to his fans of yesterday.

#freemoz
#morrisseyrenaissance
#withoutmoztheworlddies
#truetoyou
I like #freemoz, it's short and easy. Though maybe too cryptic? Maybe just something focused on the tour? #MozTour #MorrisseyLive or something.

It is an amazing picture. The guy upside down lol

Wouldn’t call it “viral” - Morrissey will probably deny it exists.

Are the fans taking over from Sam and Fiona now? :ROFLMAO:
Funny but totally pointless.
The only person stopping Morrissey from getting a deal is himself.

Hello my friend! Culture is so.....superficial. Is there a 'done' in today's reality? Regardless of what the media tells you, the culture is not 'elevating' to some level where Morrissey is less popular because of his recent antics/opinions about him. He was never that popular, even though he deserved much more at times.

I can remember sitting around a dinner table for a holiday meal with extended family, about twenty years ago - and my sister (who loves to stick it to me in some way about something) mentions how 'Morrissey doesn't have a label...or Morrissey cancelled more shows...or....'...Back then I was happy to say to her 'He's got a solid, loyal fanbase and tours regularly. People respect a lot of what he says lyrically and the music is like it's own genre, and he keeps creating new stuff. He will be fine.' I feel the same way today. Even if Morrissey knew that it was the same, let's say...500,000 people globally who were devoted and many would make purchases and travel as well to shows - supporting him, that could be enough for him to keep following his passions.

It's an amazing thing --- being again removed from the 'MTV box' where the fans truly become your only support system. That's what music was really all about though, back in the day. Take the Grateful Dead for example.

My view was that Morrissey comments about the For Britain Party had resulted in a large portion of his following abandoning him - often in a huff. But all that has died down now, they left and closed the door. That has left behind a truly loyal (smaller) crowd who are no less devoted. The recent tours have been an intimate triumph. Morrissey remains in great voice. He seems fit and well and strong. He also seems to have attracted a small new youthful following too. I also think some who turned away have started slowly to return. They have remembered that you don't need to agree with everything an artist says to enjoy their work and so it feels like perhaps the tide is slowly beginning to turn. Suddenly we find ourselves in a position where Morrissey has 3 albums (WPINOYB, BOT and WMTWD) which are "unreleased" or "unavailable" and so he has lots of dry ammunition. The Hammersmith show was great. That photo fully captures the atmosphere but at the same time it looks (to me at least) like a renaissance painting. There have been other examples of photos which have the same "fine art" quality which have as a result "gone viral". Often these renaissance painting are called things like "The adoration of....." "The creation of...." "the birth of...". and of course renaissance means "rebirth" or "revival" which is what appears to happening with Morrissey - a revial. So we have this image and with it a sense of renaissance and we have a cast of notable people who have in the past expressed some kind of love or kinship with Morrissey. Russell Brand, David Walliams, Jonathan Ross, JK Rowling, Noel Gallagher, Miley Cyrus, A$$AP Rocky, Iggy Pop, The Red Hot Chilly Peppers and others. I believe if we could get a message trending on social media which highlights that Morrissey is an artist and that art is valuable and that art should be provocative and sometimes challenging and that he's on good form in fine voice and is worth cherishing and celebrating that would be quite something. So we have the image which is itself like a renaissance painting and we have Morrissey's own renaissance. If we could get one or more of those notable famous followers to retweet or like an image or message we could perhaps get some transaction....

Last edited:
Bouyed by the recent live successes but bereft by the absence of new releases.

Hoping to be proven wrong with Bonfire or WMTWD dies out before the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom