ContactMusic: Yungblud's next album influenced by Joy Division and The Smiths (September 5, 2022)

Yungblud's next album features 'a lot more synths'

Yungblud's next album is influenced by Joy Division and The Smiths.

The 'Funeral' rocker is already working on his fourth record, the follow-up to last week's self-titled LP, and it's influenced by synth pioneers Joy Division and post-punk icons The Smiths.

Speaking to the Daily Star newspaper's WIRED column, Yungblud - whose real name is Dom Harrison - said:
"I’ve already started on album four which has a lot more synths, it’s very Joy Division with a bit of The Smiths, definitely more in that direction"

Always sweating, desperate, tuneless, repulsive somehow and yet buoyed by seemingly impenetrable, inexplicable, misplaced, confidence.

Synth pioneers Joy Division?!

This is the guy who celebrated on stage a young woman butchering herself by having a double mastectomy (aka 'top surgery'). How f***ing sad is that. When did normal adolescent rebellion against gender norms become an invitation to the men in white coats to get their hands on you? Terrifying. Any young lesbian should be quaking in their DM boots.

The fool probably thinks Joy Division changed their name to New Order to be slightly more politically correct. Or else he's only heard Atmosphere or Love Will Tear Us Apart or Decades.

This is the guy who celebrated on stage a young woman butchering herself by having a double mastectomy (aka 'top surgery'). How f***ing sad is that. When did normal adolescent rebellion against gender norms become an invitation to the men in white coats to get their hands on you? Terrifying. Any young lesbian should be quaking in their DM boots.

why do you care

The fool probably thinks Joy Division changed their name to New Order to be slightly more politically correct. Or else he's only heard Atmosphere or Love Will Tear Us Apart or Decades.
Or Isolation. Nevertheless, synth music had been around for ages by then. He should’ve known better!

Well in another interview for The Times, he said he was influenced by Iggy, Lou, David, Freddie, Chrissie, Siouxsie, the Smiths, the Cure and Guns'n'Roses

The Times interview

Well in another interview for The Times, he said he was influenced by Iggy, Lou, David, Freddie, Chrissie, Siouxsie, the Smiths, the Cure and Guns'n'Roses

The Times interview
Seems like he’s just naming famous bands and artists. GNR, f***ing Freddie M AND Moz, Bowie and Cure?!

why do you care
Human empathy?
I don't like the big pharmaceutical and medical companies making money out of sticking kids on hormone disrupting chemicals for life and butchering their bodies. Especially when many of them are just gay and confused.
Call me old fashioned.

you just dont like the idea of the "trans agenda" full stop, who are you to decide what many of them are "just"?

it has little to do with empathy
I don't know what you mean by the 'trans agenda'. I admire anyone who questions the roles that society expects us to play. I have empathy for anyone who feels unhappy with the body they have been born into. I am just very doubtful that chemicals and plastic surgery are the answer. And suspicious of big corporations' readiness to offer such 'help'.

Seems like he’s just naming famous bands and artists. GNR, f***ing Freddie M AND Moz, Bowie and Cure?!
Yes, its what people do now to get linked in google searches - welcome to the new world

I have no issue with this guy, hes not for me but at least he is trying to say something, he is reaching with his art
Thats what I don't get when people stick up for Robbie Williams He is the complete opposite of an independent-minded artist
This is a guy who wore chaps and handed out tea at Smash hits office. He would do and say anything to be famous - notice how Robbie has every condition going - body dysmorphia, addiction, autism etc and none of its true.
As
others have said not sure why Robbie keeps trying to look like M, including plastic surgery, they have completely different faces etc and as an artist, he is nothing like him, also
Before Moz he kept trying to be like Liam G. There is a real lack of self in Robbie
His autobiography was ghostwritten and his career is managed
Whereas Morrissey is only Morrissey and that's it. Morrissey is his art
I only mention Robbie as he was mentioned on another thread. but there are loads of Robbie-type light entertainers out there. It surprised me why people would stick up for him and slam this guy
This Youngblud is at least trying to do something artistic, he is trying to get something out , he is finding himself and creating art out of it, I think he's shit but lots of my daughter's friends love him Her generation gives me hope, her and her friends can not understand how Robbie got so big ,
As one said "Robbie is to music what Jamie Olver is to food" LOL
So bring on more Youngbluds, More power to him and its nice to see he is carrying Smiths torch
Rather this than boring Robbie and Rick

I have just heard 32 seconds of a random song by Yungblud and it's probably the most horrible music I have ever heard...
I would honestly prefer to listen to the complete discography of Britney or Whitney than a complete song by this guy.... He is really terrible.

BUT there is something even more terrible.... The notion that JD are "Synth Pioneers" does not seem to come from this idiot, but from the online publication ContactMusic :squiffy:... Which is even more surprising.... I don't expect much from Yungblud, but I do expect a music publication to know that JD were not "Synth pioneers". Oh my....

Back
Top Bottom