contactmusic.com: "Morrissey is locked in a bitter war of words with his reocrd label"

• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade

Nothing new here, but the story is starting to trickle out beyond our circles.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/morrissey%20attacks%20record%20company%20over%20festival%20announcement

MORRISSEY ATTACKS RECORD COMPANY OVER FESTIVAL ANNOUNCEMENT

THE SMITHS' former frontman MORRISSEY is locked in a bitter war of words with his record label SANCTUARY - insisting they announced he'd be performing at next month's (JUN05) ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL without asking him.

The 46-year-old singer is furious the music giant mistakenly stated he would be performing at the rock event, because it forced him to disappoint fans by telling them he wouldn't appear at the British extravaganza, because he's too busy preparing his new album YOU ARE THE QUARRY.

He fumes, "I have not ever, at any time, agreed to play the Isle of Wight Festival.

"The announcement was made by Sanctuary and it was their error.

"However record companies never take the blame for their mistakes."

30/05/2005 03:07

"...he's too busy preparing his new album YOU ARE THE QUARRY." ???!!!

LOL I didn't even notice that!

And they claim at the bottom: "Click Here for all you need to know about: THE SMITHS" Psh!

I was looking for the 'II' at the end. What the? LOL.

could be another new "Edition"?

You Are The Quarry: The Remixes! ;-)

Re: could be another new "Edition"?

> You Are The Quarry: The Remixes! ;-)

Ugh! Thank GOD Morrissey isn't into remixes, and those "This Charming Man" ones were a aberration.

Although we do have a Sparks remix of "Suedehead" coming. Is that out yet?

> You Are The Quarry: The Remixes! ;-)

But, that would have to be under the 'milk it for all you got' label Sanctuary. Honestly, I think it is going to be a while before a new album is released. I don't know much about how the music business works, but all this crap the last few days has my mind muddled. I don't know what to think. Thus, I haven't released an 'official' opinion yet, tehe.

> But, that would have to be under the 'milk it for all you got' label
> Sanctuary. Honestly, I think it is going to be a while before a new album
> is released. I don't know much about how the music business works, but all
> this crap the last few days has my mind muddled. I don't know what to
> think. Thus, I haven't released an 'official' opinion yet, tehe.

I bet there'll be something new out by the end of the year or early next year. Morrissey can work fast when he wants to, as he did for most of his career until Mercury Records ("Maladjusted"). There's no way he'd squander the momentum he got going last year.

There's only one thing I'd be sad about if he left Sanctuary

And that would be the loss of Attack Records. I've gotten all of the non-Morrissey releases from Attack and have enjoyed them all. In fact, a great deal. There was plans for an Attack Records web site and it seemed really exciting.

Other than that, I have no affection for Sanctuary. They do a lot of things kind of shabbily, they make our sweet Morrissey tired from too many interviews, and they love to milk the fans to death. DVD Singles - LOL!!

And, really, no one at Sanctuary is as nice to Moz fans as Howie Klein of Sire was

But I'm biased, as Howie sent me a free copy of "Peepholism" by Jo Slee, as well as other fun things, like buttons and whatnot.

He was a good people.

> I bet there'll be something new out by the end of the year or early next
> year. Morrissey can work fast when he wants to, as he did for most of his
> career until Mercury Records ("Maladjusted"). There's no way
> he'd squander the momentum he got going last year.

Well I trust that you would know this. I read your 'opinion' on the MP about Moz's statement -- well done. 3 stars!!! It showcased courage and knowledge.

Re: And, really, no one at Sanctuary is as nice to Moz fans as Howie Klein of Sire was

Yes, Howie was good people.

Who the f*** is this Merk Merkamerkus?

Re: And, really, no one at Sanctuary is as nice to Moz fans as Howie Klein of Sire was

> Yes, Howie was good people.

> Who the f*** is this Merk Merkamerkus?

I think he is from Cyprus. Hehe.

> I think he is from Cyprus. Hehe.

It's really rare to find a record executive like Howie Klein. When he sent me a second package of goodies months after the first, he put a handwritten note in there and he remembered what had been sent previously. It amazed me. Like why would he give a shit. He truly had affection for us.

> It's really rare to find a record executive like Howie Klein. When he sent
> me a second package of goodies months after the first, he put a
> handwritten note in there and he remembered what had been sent previously.
> It amazed me. Like why would he give a shit. He truly had affection for
> us.

Wow, that is very special. But then again, you are special and he must have known that.

> Wow, that is very special. But then again, you are special and he must
> have known that.

No he was nice to everyone!! He's just a nice dude. He didn't know shit about me.

Be honest,are you slightly embarrassed by Jehne's fawning sycophancy.......

...and perhaps even a little scared by it?
Presumably she hasn't seen you in the flesh, or even seen a picture of you, yet she seems to be developing an Andy Ison-esque infatuation with you.
This is a genuine enquiry, as I read that cases of this kind, people becoming obsessed with chat site "friends" to the point of stalking them in real life, and even in extreme cases, abducting them and/or murdering them, are very much on the increase.
I strongly suspect that "Jehne" isn't being completely honest about herself, and I urge you to be careful and not to encourage her mania.

He loves the attention. Too bad you have no admirers.

> ...and perhaps even a little scared by it?
> Presumably she hasn't seen you in the flesh, or even seen a picture of
> you, yet she seems to be developing an Andy Ison-esque infatuation with
> you.
> This is a genuine enquiry, as I read that cases of this kind, people
> becoming obsessed with chat site "friends" to the point of
> stalking them in real life, and even in extreme cases, abducting them
> and/or murdering them, are very much on the increase.
> I strongly suspect that "Jehne" isn't being completely honest
> about herself, and I urge you to be careful and not to encourage her
> mania.

It's Time The Tale Were Told

Ah Theo knows that I am not a threat to him. For, I am serving a life sentence in the Ohio Correctional Institute for women. What did I do? I hired a few black guys to break some asshole's kneecaps. Yeah, he had it coming I tell ya. Since the dude died from a gangrene infection, I was charged with conspiracy to commit first degree murder.

Anyhow, since I come from an extremely wealthy family -- daddy has a lot of clout within this prison system -- I have my own private room with a tv/DVD player, my computer, and all the books I care to read -- which are brought in by daddy, along with my favorite chocolate truffels.

So, even though I have a mad crush on Theo, I will never be able to consummate this love. That is, unless Theo gets into politics and helps to get me out of this rathole.

PS -- That was all a joke, except the part about having a little crush... don't we all have a little crush on Theo?

Re: He loves the attention. Too bad you have no admirers.

I understand that the painting once possessed a rather expansive subtitle:

"And now, there is something that you should know
There is something that you should know
The girl of your dreams is
Here all alone
Girl of your dreams is
Here all alone
Sad and all alone
Here all alone...
Help me, help me, help me"

Oh, and the locket that the maiden is clutching is of one St. Theodore.

Back
Top Bottom