Consequence Of Sound: "Our 2022 Annual Report continues with the announcement of Andrew Watt as our Producer of the Year." (December 12, 2022)

2022producer_Watt_1200x675.jpg

Consequence of Sound has named Andrew Watt as its Producer of the Year for 2022. Full article linked here, the only Morrissey quote as follows:

Untitled.jpg

(Obviously, I'm not taking the Feb 2023 release date too seriously...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Recording with Watt must have been a refreshing experience for M, but obviously not one that he anytime soon wants to repeat, judging by him going back to Joe C and back into a ‘proper’ recording studio.

I wonder if Joe will listen to Bonfire? And what he honestly thinks of it.

Can’t wait/must wait for Bonfire.

Recording with Watt must have been a refreshing experience for M, but obviously not one that he anytime soon wants to repeat, judging by him going back to Joe C and back into a ‘proper’ recording studio.
Watt is very much in demand, so he might not be available in short notice. Recording the follow-up right now seems like an impulsive decision that Morrissey made when the fate of BOT became opaque once again.

Anyway, I'm happy he's moving on. BOT is getting stale and no way an album that has Kerouac's Crack and Sure Enough on it is anywhere near Morrissey's best. If he still has a contract with Capitol, perhaps they should concentrate on the next album and let Morrissey put out BOT independently.

Good man. Nice comment by him. I think its true that M is one of the best singers ever.His voice is better than money

Last edited:
Watt is very much in demand, so he might not be available in short notice. Recording the follow-up right now seems like an impulsive decision that Morrissey made when the fate of BOT became opaque once again.

Anyway, I'm happy he's moving on. BOT is getting stale and no way an album that has Kerouac's Crack and Sure Enough on it is anywhere near Morrissey's best. If he still has a contract with Capitol, perhaps they should concentrate on the next album and let Morrissey put out BOT independently.
I’ve listened to Karouac’s Crack a couple of times from the one and only live version of the song. I don’t know whether I have enough to go on to decide whether it’s a good or a bad song. I can’t hear the lyrics

That's a wonderful comment, interesting to hear he records in only one or two takes, at least for BOT.

I’ve listened to Karouac’s Crack a couple of times from the one and only live version of the song. I don’t know whether I have enough to go on to decide whether it’s a good or a bad song. I can’t hear the lyrics
Tra la la la, tra la la la, tra la la la,
Tra la la la, tra la la la, tra la la la

Just walking along, tra la la la,
Oh Jack, oh Jack, oh sweet baby Jack,
Everything he writes down must have instant attack

Anything less would only make him crack, any less would only make him crack, only make him crack

Tra la la la, tra la la la,
Borrow Burroughs,
Sit on Ginsburg, tra la la la,
47 years is enough time to live

Anything more would only make him crack , anymore would only make him crack, crack, crack, only make him crack

Coney Island,
Sloppy sailers,
Tra la la la,
He better not hear

I wonder if scheduling is why Joe wasn’t able to produce BoT. It was a strange time to record an album, M could have waited, but it seemed important for him to get into a studio and do it, which may be one of his reasons for choosing Watt.

I’m not sure, seems he had the Alain co-writes for sometime, and it has been a while since BoT should have been released, though posting the Central announcement itself may have been an impulsive decision to show that he’s moving forward regardless of how the situation looks to outsiders.

I like Crack over Telephone, from what we’ve heard so far. And of course, not Morrissey’s best, especially when taking into consideration songs like Hand In Glove, There is a Light, etc.

Yeah, if there is a Capitol contract, then it seems to be for one new album and the reissues. So I assume they will release BoT eventually.
Like most things, it’s delay can only be left to speculation at this time.

Anything less would only make him crack, any less would only make him crack, only make him crack

Borrow Burroughs,

Anything more would only make him crack , anymore would only make him crack, crack, crack, only make him crack

Coney Island,
Sloppy sailers,
Tra la la la,
He better not hear

Someone mentioned somewhere…

the last line might be ‘depression must win’

Borrow Burroughs,

Coney Island,
Sloppy sailers,
Tra la la la,
He better not hear
Screenshot_20221212_162946_com.vanced.android.youtube_edit_55197892773347.jpg

No way an album that has You're the one for me fatty on it is anywhere near Morrissey' best, but Your Arsenal is not at all bad! Some weak tracks though. Maybe Bonfire is the same.

Last edited:
I really hope it gets released. I found that I don't like his albums since Quarry (just personal preference), so I thought that the "late" Morrissey is not my kind of taste. But the songs I heard from BOT were all really catchy somehow and although the lyrics still aren't as great as they once were I really like the songs. Hearing it live with his really good voice has certainly contributed to that. So it would be really sad if we never get the studio version although the release quality of RWA made me a bit anxious (but I've only listened to the spotify version)

Borrow Burroughs,

Coney Island,
Sloppy sailers,
Tra la la la,
He better not hear
Last line is 'Depression Must Win'

Last line is 'Depression Must Win'
Sorry, that sounded like an abrupt reply.
There was very little footage from Blackpool and I thought only one video, but there is this shot from the balcony and the vocals are just that bit clearer at the end. I know it seems like an acquired taste, but it's really grabbed my ears...the delivery of 'instant attack', the guitar solo...just unsure that the production will capture what the one live outing delivered (plus one soundcheck in Kilarney, I believe).
Blackpool Highlights

Sorry, that sounded like an abrupt reply.
There was very little footage from Blackpool and I thought only one video, but there is this shot from the balcony and the vocals are just that bit clearer at the end. I know it seems like an acquired taste, but it's really grabbed my ears...the delivery of 'instant attack', the guitar solo...just unsure that the production will capture what the one live outing delivered (plus one soundcheck in Kilarney, I believe).
Blackpool Highlights
Fair enough, that’s the only line that isn’t clear.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom