Morrissey Central "Confirmation" - no further tour dates (July 14, 2022)

Friday 14 October at the Brighton Centre will be the final night of Morrissey's upcoming UK tour. No additional dates will be added.

image001_mkp1cm.jpg

"Confirmation" the gigs that "will be announced this week" aren't being announced.
Regards,
FWD.

Say, that’s good news. It was becoming pretty evident that he and Nancy were having some marital issues. Her philandering father being who he was, Nancy has always been able to turn a blind eye to Morrissey’s misadventures with various leather-&-lace tramps at the Sunset Marquis, but when he had that affair with Alison Martino it really crossed the line. It was like he rudely went in for the younger model of the “blonde daughter of an Italian-American crooner” type. You can’t fault her for being upset.

It sounds like it will be good if they buy a yacht and get away to Catalina to rekindle their romantic loving-kindness, and Morrissey can sit on a rock amidst the cacti and feed the feral cats there. And when they get back to the mainland on a crisp Sunday morning they can go to confession and Mass together, and pray a Rosary in the lady-chapel to the patron saint of happy marriages, and afterwards have some black bean tacos at ¡Allo Aztlan!, the food truck owned and operated by Jesse Tobias. Morrissey tops his with Daiya cheddar shreds, guacamole, Tofutti sour cream, and habanero salsa. Who needs the UK?
Calm down Aubrey !!!!!!

Je suis calm. I'm not the one who used six exclamation points. Did you know that Nancy Sinatra's 1966 song about LSD, Sugar Town, is referenced by Bob Dylan in his 1997 song Tryin' to Get to Heaven? "I been to Sugar Town | I shook the sugar down."

961f62e1ba4b9731418e76ababe75f34.jpg

Say, that’s good news. It was becoming pretty evident that he and Nancy were having some marital issues. Her philandering father being who he was, Nancy has always been able to turn a blind eye to Morrissey’s misadventures with various leather-&-lace tramps at the Sunset Marquis, but when he had that affair with Alison Martino it really crossed the line. It was like he rudely went in for the younger model of the “blonde daughter of an Italian-American crooner” type. You can’t fault her for being upset.

It sounds like it will be good if they buy a yacht and get away to Catalina to rekindle their romantic loving-kindness, and Morrissey can sit on a rock amidst the cacti and feed the feral cats there. And when they get back to the mainland on a crisp Sunday morning they can go to confession and Mass together, and pray a Rosary in the lady-chapel to the patron saint of happy marriages, and afterwards have some black bean tacos at ¡Allo Aztlan!, the food truck owned and operated by Jesse Tobias. Morrissey tops his with Daiya cheddar shreds, guacamole, Tofutti sour cream, and habanero salsa. Who needs the UK?
I know it appeared that way at California Son's birthday party, but Alison, Nancy, and California Son are all very close friends and have known each other for years. When your 63 years old and been bangin' hot chicks all around the world since you were in your 20's, everything isn't about sex anymore. Alison just wishes she was Nancy.

Nancy never takes the spotlight away from her big cannoli and was in the Sunset Marquis kitchen preparing spaghetti and her famous marinara sauce for everyone. She also makes some bitchin' chocolate chip cookies, which are California Son's favorite.

I know it appeared that way at California Son's birthday party, but Alison, Nancy, and California Son are all very close friends and have known each other for years. When your 63 years old and been bangin' hot chicks all around the world since you were in your 20's, everything isn't about sex anymore. Alison just wishes she was Nancy.

Nancy never takes the spotlight away from her big cannoli and was in the Sunset Marquis kitchen preparing spaghetti and her famous marinara sauce for everyone. She also makes some bitchin' chocolate chip cookies, which are California Son's favorite.

I hope that's all true, but I'm not so sure Morrissey's libido has waned with age. As recently as last year, an insider-in-the-know told us his typical daily schedule was this:

Wake up, f*** Nancy, surf, breakfast burrito and coffee, play basketball, go to the Sunset Marquis and find some slut there to f***, go home to Malibu, have Nancy make her famous spaghetti with marinara sauce for dinner, play NBA2k with the California Son Junior, and go to bed. Wake up and repeat.

Also, that's an impressive refractory period for a sixty-two-year-old. So I reckon he could have gotten curious about Alison Martino (in the carnal sense). He certainly loves her father's velvet voice, and for Morrissey, there's always been an underlying obsession with the tragic impermanence of things. The only two ways Al Martino still lives are through his art and his genes, so perhaps one afternoon Morrissey had Quando Quando Quando on the turntable and a Mai Tai in hand, and thought to himself, "I can have both." And betook himself to Alison's place. You can tell the way Morrissey collects things (New York Dolls records, James Dean memorabilia, Catholic bric-a-brac, &c) that one thing is not enough, even when it comes to daughters of Italian-American crooners.

I suppose they may still add dates in between the itinerary? Likely not but anyway , this UK tour is now mostly sold out isn’t it? For all the doom and gloom from Vegas I would say he’s done quite well with the UK ticket sales.

I suppose they may still add dates in between the itinerary? Likely not but anyway , this UK tour is now mostly sold out isn’t it? For all the doom and gloom from Vegas I would say he’s done quite well with the UK ticket sales.
I'd be very surprised if they did.

You’re going to a concert or two, let the ticket sales be of no concern to you. Those choosing not to go will not affect you having a good time.
Leave it to those who don’t go to the concerts to post on here how many empty seats there are. The irony.

I've just looked at Doncaster and looks like there's literally a couple of floor tickets left (at very inflated prices) via Viagogo, although if you check the Dome site, and also Ticketmaster, they both say zero tickets remaining.

I've just looked at Doncaster and looks like there's literally a couple of floor tickets left (at very inflated prices) via Viagogo, although if you check the Dome site, and also Ticketmaster, they both say zero tickets remaining.
Tickets on resale sites don’t count towards sold out status. So if there is no tickets on the official vendors - TM, ST, G&T then it is officially sold out. Despite the fact there maybe tickets via other channels. Viagogo are legalised touts .

guys here's a serious but tricky question from austria: what do you think are realistic odds of morrissey playing concerts in mid europe in the next six months?
(don't want to book flights, hotel and tickets for UK and the week after he confirms a show in my hometown or so...)
so if you could make an educated guess, it would probably help me. thanks a lot

A bit difficult to say but I would think there is a very slim chance of that to be honest, for a variety of reasons.
In fact I think the fact that these UK dates have even gone ahead is great news and I'd go for them.
That's just my opinion though.
You can always book a hotel room that is fully refundable. Flights are different situation, I completely accept that. Tough one!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom