Morrissey Central "Confirmation" - no further tour dates (July 14, 2022)

Friday 14 October at the Brighton Centre will be the final night of Morrissey's upcoming UK tour. No additional dates will be added.

image001_mkp1cm.jpg

"Confirmation" the gigs that "will be announced this week" aren't being announced.
Regards,
FWD.

They literally posted the actual cities where additional shows would occur. How does this happen?
I think this is what is called a Fcuk up.
On the bright side we haven’t had any cancellations...... yet 🙏🙏
It’s in God’s hands now HT ..

But that’s why you wait until you have agreements finalized and signed. I feel there’s almost no way this isn’t a case of jumping the gun.
I totally agree... my point was more that we don't really know what happened or who to blame (it's probably SER). Morrissey Central has become an embarrassment, IMO. I never thought I'd actually miss true-to-you.net.

where's Valerie?

I think this is what is called a Fcuk up.
On the bright side we haven’t had any cancellations...... yet 🙏🙏
It’s in God’s hands now HT ..
Compared to the Bryan Ferry Isle of Wight fiasco (where his name was actually on the posters, and—I believe—tickets on sale, before he denied ever being on bill), this is of the order of a minor adjustment.

I believed Morrissey when he said he would never tour the UK again less than I trusted he wasn't racist.

Compared to the Bryan Ferry Isle of Wight fiasco (where his name was actually on the posters, and—I believe—tickets on sale, before he denied ever being on bill), this is of the order of a minor adjustment.
On reflection, I agree. The bell was rung and then unrung.

This is a way of saying it's a relief that he won't have to do any more foreign shows in a place like "the uk" for another 4 years. California Son should get enough money from the england people to pay for the new yacht for him and his wife Nancy to be able to do the LA to Catalina Island trip on their own.

I cannot believe "the uk" is going to approve a visa for California Son to enter their shithole. He talks so much shit about "the uk".

Maybe Sam only just told him that none of those 'sold out' UK dates have actually sold out? :unsure:
Someone (not necessarily Sam) has seen the actual scale of ticket sales (a few hundred bought by fans, all the rest hoovered up by scalper bots) and nixed the idea of more shows. Any fan with tickets to the existing UK shows should be very wary of getting too excited. I see cancellations further down the road when those scalper tickets remain 'un-resold'.

Just a thought; could it be that no more dates were added because the venues would eat their cat/ wouldn´t go meat free?

Someone (not necessarily Sam) has seen the actual scale of ticket sales (a few hundred bought by fans, all the rest hoovered up by scalper bots) and nixed the idea of more shows. Any fan with tickets to the existing UK shows should be very wary of getting too excited. I see cancellations further down the road when those scalper tickets remain 'un-resold'.
Well you could say the same for vegas as they sold relatively poorly, but all survived any cancellation .
I know you’d like to be right once in your life, just to say you’re ITK but the reality is, you’ve no idea.

Some truth in this. I said all along that tickets will be available at face value or less closer to the concerts. In fairness, this happens with most concerts these days but the effect is probably more pronounced with Morrissey as the touts/speculators don't realise quite how toxic he's become and how many fans he's lost. However, he's playing to a fraction of the people he used to (pre-spring 2018) on this tour so, despite everything, most of the venues should be at least half to two-thirds full, some may even be close to selling out, and the promoter will recoup their costs. I don't therefore see these dates being cancelled.

No other artist of his calibre would accept such consistently shitty management. Only Morrissey.

This is a way of saying it's a relief that he won't have to do any more foreign shows in a place like "the uk" for another 4 years. California Son should get enough money from the england people to pay for the new yacht for him and his wife Nancy to be able to do the LA to Catalina Island trip on their own.

I cannot believe "the uk" is going to approve a visa for California Son to enter their shithole. He talks so much shit about "the uk".

Say, that’s good news. It was becoming pretty evident that he and Nancy were having some marital issues. Her philandering father being who he was, Nancy has always been able to turn a blind eye to Morrissey’s misadventures with various leather-&-lace tramps at the Sunset Marquis, but when he had that affair with Alison Martino it really crossed the line. It was like he rudely went in for the younger model of the “blonde daughter of an Italian-American crooner” type. You can’t fault her for being upset.

It sounds like it will be good if they buy a yacht and get away to Catalina to rekindle their romantic loving-kindness, and Morrissey can sit on a rock amidst the cacti and feed the feral cats there. And when they get back to the mainland on a crisp Sunday morning they can go to confession and Mass together, and pray a Rosary in the lady-chapel to the patron saint of happy marriages, and afterwards have some black bean tacos at ¡Allo Aztlan!, the food truck owned and operated by Jesse Tobias. Morrissey tops his with Daiya cheddar shreds, guacamole, Tofutti sour cream, and habanero salsa. Who needs the UK?

Say, that’s good news. It was becoming pretty evident that he and Nancy were having some marital issues. Her philandering father being who he was, Nancy has always been able to turn a blind eye to Morrissey’s misadventures with various leather-&-lace tramps at the Sunset Marquis, but when he had that affair with Alison Martino it really crossed the line. It was like he rudely went in for the younger model of the “blonde daughter of an Italian-American crooner” type. You can’t fault her for being upset.

It sounds like it will be good if they buy a yacht and get away to Catalina to rekindle their romantic loving-kindness, and Morrissey can sit on a rock amidst the cacti and feed the feral cats there. And when they get back to the mainland on a crisp Sunday morning they can go to confession and Mass together, and pray a Rosary in the lady-chapel to the patron saint of happy marriages, and afterwards have some black bean tacos at ¡Allo Aztlan!, the food truck owned and operated by Jesse Tobias. Morrissey tops his with Daiya cheddar shreds, guacamole, Tofutti sour cream, and habanero salsa. Who needs the UK?
I assuming Jesse Tobias is of Mexican or Latino decent and it could be interpreted as racist to say he operates a taco food truck. I know you were just joking and you did not mean it that way. But, just saying you may want to be more careful with your words.. Also, personally I think Jessie has a much more modern guitar sound that either Alan or Johnny Marr for that matter. Jessie's work on I'm Not a Dog on a Chain was fantastic and is the best Morrissey record in years and I bet Bonfire is even better. Not sure at all why people slag him off on this site. He is a solid player with some decent technical chops by any measure.

I assuming Jesse Tobias is of Mexican or Latino decent and it could be interpreted as racist to say he operates a taco food truck. I know you were just joking and you did not mean it that way. But, just saying you may want to be more careful with your words.. Also, personally I think Jessie has a much more modern guitar sound that either Alan or Johnny Marr for that matter. Jessie's work on I'm Not a Dog on a Chain was fantastic and is the best Morrissey record in years and I bet Bonfire is even better. Not sure at all why people slag him off on this site. He is a solid player with some decent technical chops by any measure.

Point taken on the ethnicity thing, but it’s also been noted that Nancy Sinatra makes a killer marinara sauce, and nobody raised a politically correct eyebrow at that. I don’t think I’ll take it back, and hopefully it wasn’t as egregious as Jill Biden’s recent “breakfast tacos” gaffe. To give Tobias (who I believe is Texican) his due, I should add that aside from being an enthusiast and purveyor of vegan Southwest street food, he has certainly co-written some excellent songs with Morrissey. What Kind of People and You Have Killed Me are personal favorites, and even though some of his songs on Refusal have been accused by some here as being “chug rock,” I think they’re very good in their way, and you’re right, he does produce a unique sound, kind of jagged and icy, often a perfect compliment to Morrissey’s voice. I’m on record as saying Morrissey could do better than Tobias, but he’s been serviceable and sometimes surprising.

Oh yeah, he better be more careful with his words!! Wouldn't want to offend any little prissy M.Solo snowflakes!! Grow a pair and get a sense of humor you twat.

Visa? For a UK passport holder? 😆

Oh, not again the stupidities of California are.. and now it seems that there is another one that answers him!! Well, it is the same one that answers itself, they could cut it from writing boludeces !!! They have me fed up, when I enter the site and see that some papanatas write these things, it makes me want not to return anymore. They're really exhausting because they're not even fun

¿Boludeces? Pero no. Es la verdad, mi amiga. Desafortunadamente, el californiano original parece estar en pausa desde aquí. Home is a Moz Angeles no es Aztec Camera; los estilos de escritura son demasiado diferentes. Pero al menos él o ella puede dar algunas actualizaciones sobre la vida social y privada de Morrissey—el hijo de California y el sol de justicia.

You must remember that Morrissey rose to fame in the UK and the most successful part of his solo career came when he was still better known in the UK than in the US; it is only in the second (still amazing but weaker) part of his solo career that he has been more popular in the US (and let's be honest, this is only the case in certain areas of America). Also, why so anti-UK? I have just as good a reason to be anti-US, but I'm not. We need to stop being divided and all being opposed to one another, but after all, World Peace is none of your, mine, his, our or  their business.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom