Concert-goers interviewed before & after Morrissey's Brixton Show

There's bound to be a few site users included amongst the scores of people who can find themselves on video here:

Morrissey at Brixton Academy - WinkBall
by Gig Reporters 2011

As I posted over on allyouneedismorrissey.com, near the end someone called Helen said she's in a band called The Ritas and right enough, they've uploaded their own fine version of Jeane - http://theritas.co.uk/music.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely to see all the wonderful feelings towards morrissey and his work. puts this site in some badly needed perspective.

That Scottish guy that used to post here, before getting banned, needs to find something worthwhile to do with his life.

Had to laugh at some of the stuid Shoreditch/ Nathan Barley haircuts.

Signigicant improvement in fit totty from the old days though, could have done without the woe is me contribution from that Scottish benefits cheat. LOL.

Well don't we have some green eyed little monsters here on Solo?

I have had the pleasure of meeting "that Scottish guy" on several occasions over the years at shows here, there and everywhere. He is an absolute gem! He always stops for a chat and is super kind and very helpful. He is far from the "leech" and "tramp" described here.

My guess is that whilst he has been on the tour the posters here have been sat at home on their computers thinking up pathetic and meaningless comments to post here about those of us who get off our arses, spend our money and go and actually see Morrissey.

Oh and if "Scottish guy" ever needs a place to stay next we are lucky enough to have a show to go to here in London I would happily offer him my sofa without hesitation. That's how "real" fans operate you jealous idiots!

Oh and if "Scottish guy" ever needs a place to stay next we are lucky enough to have a show to go to here in London I would happily offer him my sofa without hesitation. That's how "real" fans operate you jealous idiots!

Just don't buy anything he claims Moz wore, wrote, or used and you'll be fine.

Well don't we have some green eyed little monsters here on Solo?

I have had the pleasure of meeting "that Scottish guy" on several occasions over the years at shows here, there and everywhere. He is an absolute gem! He always stops for a chat and is super kind and very helpful. He is far from the "leech" and "tramp" described here.

My guess is that whilst he has been on the tour the posters here have been sat at home on their computers thinking up pathetic and meaningless comments to post here about those of us who get off our arses, spend our money and go and actually see Morrissey.

Jealousy? C'mon, you don't really believe that any more than anybody else does (unless, perhaps you're a teenager or the Scottish bloke, himself). I mean, who grows up with the ambition of devoting their life to the idolisation of a celebrity? Virtually anybody who loves pop music that much would learn an instrument, maybe write some songs and form a band. They wouldn't remain a deferent, starstruck schoolgirl forever. Granted, the Scottish guy's not as ridiculous as that bloke that dresses up as Morrissey, but still, it's not much of a life.

When I see the Scottish guy getting all giddy about Morrissey, he reminds me of the kind of person who used to show up as a contestant on Family Fortunes, circa 1981, and tell Bob Monkhouse, when asked if he had any hobbies, that he worshipped Elvis (whom he'd refer to reverentially as "The King"), only to be gently mocked by Bob throughout the show, making even his own wife laugh at him as she flirted with Bob, in the hope that he'd be the next in a long line of other men to indiscreetly give her one behind her clueless husband's back.

All of which just goes to prove my point! Jealousy!

So do you mean that absolutely ANYBODY who loves music automatically has the talent to play an instrument and write songs? ANYBODY who loves football should play for a premiership club and stop being a devoted fan of their team! Anybody who appreciates art should pick up a paint brush and show their work at the Tate?

Oh...and if YOU don't get slightly "giddy" about Morrissey what the hell are you doing here anyway?

Fook me, I thought this was Solo and not a website casting new actors for an upcoming shoot of "Trainspotting 2" but going by the interviews and the way people look it will be a very realistic follow up about them junkies up in Edinburgh. Can I please play the part of the mad baby crawling up in the ceiling turning its head exorcist style?

Urban in Sweden (Not mad just happy that the footie is back)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom