Complete the list !

it really seems that the records was limited to 450 and NOT 500.

-Like Beau said there might be more than one #001.
-I have seen some copies that were not numbered.
-Sometimes the last few ones get never dispatched and are thrown out.

If you add that up, it may come closer to 500. Not that it matters much... 450 or 500.

Stephane

Here's the beauty..and I'm totally in love with it :o

marbledsmiths4ah2.jpg

marbledsmiths7gp0.jpg

marbledsmiths5pb6.jpg

What are peoples opinions regarding the so called distinct 2 versions of this disc where the colours are more blended in together than the one pictured?
I saw one go for £700 on ebay a while back. Any thoughts Stephane?

What are peoples opinions regarding the so called distinct 2 versions of this disc where the colours are more blended in together than the one pictured? Any thoughts Stephane?

They're the result of the randomness of the colour input so there aren't two identical copies of any multi-coloured vinyl. I've seen some of these that were almost only red, another one only a mix of green and purple... I think those are more collectible than trying to get the smallest number. #0008 is just as rare as #0127 and #0432, but these freak colour mixes stand out more from the others.

Stephane

They're the result of the randomness of the colour input so there aren't two identical copies of any multi-coloured vinyl. I've seen some of these that were almost only red, another one only a mix of green and purple... I think those are more collectible than trying to get the smallest number. #0008 is just as rare as #0127 and #0432, but these freak colour mixes stand out more from the others.

Stephane

whilst you are correct Stephane about #0432 being has rare as #0008 I know which one I'd rather have!

love

Grim

mispressqn6.jpg

Here's a photo of one of the mispressed copies. More info on it here: http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=160026810662

It's very nice.

I have no idea what that guys on about. I would imagine that the wax would have to be hand-inserted into the machine to get patterns like on these. As for there being 2 unique ones, I find that hard to believe, and I also find it hard to belive that someone would pay more for a particular pattern.

Gosh, Alan..yours is quite extraordinary. :eek:
Erm..I have a spare "Two Lumps Please" Mug, in case you want to trade...;.)

-crsp-
(just kidding)

Last edited:
#302 Caerleon, Wales

Bought at Bristol Record fair in 1984 and going on ebay at 2015 this evening if anybody is interested. BTW, it came in a stock sleeve with no postcards or promo sheet.

You cannot imagine how much it will hurt to sell this!:tears:

#302 Caerleon, Wales

Bought at Bristol Record fair in 1984 and going on ebay at 2015 this evening if anybody is interested. BTW, it came in a stock sleeve with no postcards or promo sheet.

You cannot imagine how much it will hurt to sell this!:tears:

Post the ebay link when you list it....I suspect that Stefan will want number 6:guitar: I'd quite like number 1 :(

Post the ebay link when you list it....I suspect that Stefan will want number 6:guitar: I'd quite like number 1 :(

definitely ! # 6 will be my # 10.

i am almost sure that # 1 is not in collectors hand,
there are many, many records which ended up in the trash,
because people had not know what they worth.

Stefan R

I guess my comment got lost in translation, Stefan. I was cracking a joke about you collecting your 6th copy whilst I'm still looking for my 1st.

A couple of months ago you out bid me on ebay for one, you swine :mad:

I'd be happy to settle for any number, even 302:) I'm sure that the people who got a #1 will know what they have and it will not have ended up in the bin.

Dave

definitely ! # 6 will be my # 10.

i am almost sure that # 1 is not in collectors hand,
there are many, many records which ended up in the trash,
because people had not know what they worth.

Stefan R

What Stefan meant was it will be his 10th copy not his 6th. I sold him his 8th in April i wonder if this will top the 400 pounds mark

Alan

What Stefan meant was it will be his 10th copy not his 6th. I sold him his 8th in April i wonder if this will top the 400 pounds mark

Alan

400 UKP seems to be a bit much, i am actually not sure
if i will bid on it, because i am on holdiday when the auction
ends. i have to ask my brother bid for me.

GOOD LUCK, Dave :)

Alan if you ever wanna sell your "last" copy, let me know
and i will come for a tea. ;)

Stefan R

Just go on holiday, relax, forget about it ;)
Where are you going, anywhere nice?

400 UKP seems to be a bit much, i am actually not sure
if i will bid on it, because i am on holdiday when the auction
ends. i have to ask my brother bid for me.

GOOD LUCK, Dave :)

Alan if you ever wanna sell your "last" copy, let me know
and i will come for a tea. ;)

Stefan R

Back
Top Bottom