Compiling all of the Morrissey Solo Loose Ends

gperkins151

Call me George
After listening to Bona Drag, World of Morrissey, My Early Burglary Years and skipping over the album tracks, I decided to put the tracks that were unique to these three CDs onto one CD.

Unfortunately, they don't all fit on one CD, plus I have a number of other singles lying about that I would like to include as well.

Has anyone found a good solution to the "Morrissey spreads his output all over the place and often repeats songs on multiple releases"problem?

I don't do ipods or I would just create a big playlist of these songs. I prefer to make some CDs (2 or 3) but can't seem to find a logical way of organizing it.

Last edited:
After listening to Bona Drag, World of Morrissey, My Early Burglary Years and skipping over the album tracks, I decided to put the tracks that were unique to these three CDs onto one CD.

Unfortunately, they don't all fit on one CD, plus I have a number of other singles lying about that I would like to include as well.

Has anyone found a good solution to the "Morrissey spreads his output all over the place and often repeats songs on multiple releases"problem?

I don't do ipods or I would just create a big playlist of these songs. I prefer to make some CDs (2 or 3) but can't seem to find a logical way of organizing it.

I quite liked the bootleg "Talent Borrows, Genius Steals" as it compiles about 20 or so unique songs (along with The Draize Train -studio and Jack the Ripper studio). Perhaps you could adopt that CD as a starting point and work your way chronologically?

I've always kept my odds and ends seperated by time period (at least on my computer). Such as Viva Hate B-Sides and Other Tracks/Outtakes etc etc etc.

It's been pretty handy for me that way...

gperkins151

Call me George
yes.

you could put all the singles in order on an mp3 disc. that is what i have done to listen in the auto but your player must be able to play that format. what's an ipod? just kidding.

I've found the mp3 CD players to skip a lot, so I stick with the CD only players. That would be a brilliant solution, BTW.

gperkins151

Call me George
I quite liked the bootleg "Talent Borrows, Genius Steals" as it compiles about 20 or so unique songs (along with The Draize Train -studio and Jack the Ripper studio). Perhaps you could adopt that CD as a starting point and work your way chronologically?

I've always kept my odds and ends seperated by time period (at least on my computer). Such as Viva Hate B-Sides and Other Tracks/Outtakes etc etc etc.

It's been pretty handy for me that way...

Thanks, I'll see if I can dig up that list.

I never got my hands on The Draize Train...:(

fridaynightinoutpatients

in my own sick way
I've found the mp3 CD players to skip a lot, so I stick with the CD only players. That would be a brilliant solution, BTW.

funny, never had the skipping problem. i've only just installed the cd/mp3 player a few months ago. of course the next time i am in the car, the player will probably skip all over.

gperkins151

Call me George
funny, never had the skipping problem. i've only just installed the cd/mp3 player a few months ago. of course the next time i am in the car, the player will probably skip all over.

Oh, you're in a car. I am talking about the handheld, portable players.

gperkins151

Call me George
if you don't have it by the time i get home from work(Sunday night) i'll upload it for you and i'll get that list for you, too.

Thanks, I already found the list. There's at least a few others there that I don't have, but a quick search through this site yielded a download of the CD. Unfortunately the person uploaded it at only 160 Kbps. Am I alone in thinking that this is too low a bitrate for repeated listening? :(

Top Bottom