Comments made by Moz s' father about his son's carreer?

Imagine your new boyfriend taking you back to meet the family --- and it's only the fooking Morrisseys?!! :eek: ;)

Do you have a link to that article, perchance? I'd be very grateful If ya posted it. Thanks!

The only reference I can find to it now is here:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/05/04/06/1646205.shtml

Here is the quote:

"My first ever concert was seeing T. Rex at Belle Vue [June 16, 1972]. It was messianic and complete chaos. Belle Vue was in a quite tough area of Manchester and my father dropped me off outside wearing a purple satin jacket. I think he thought I'd be killed and he waved me off like it was the last time he'd ever see me alive. It must've been like losing your child to a deadly cult-and maybe that's exactly how it was...I had gone by myself and stood by myself throughout, and of course, it was the turning of at least eight corners."

Imagine your new boyfriend taking you back to meet the family --- and it's only the fooking Morrisseys?!! :eek: ;)

Yes, some drawbacks may come for being so secretive for the press but...
damn it, I love you uncle Mozzer! lol

Yes, some drawbacks may come for being so secretive for the press but...
damn it, I love you uncle Mozzer! lol

Ahahaha :D

A girl can dream :rolleyes:

The only reference I can find to it now is here:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/articles/05/04/06/1646205.shtml

Here is the quote:

"My first ever concert was seeing T. Rex at Belle Vue [June 16, 1972]. It was messianic and complete chaos. Belle Vue was in a quite tough area of Manchester and my father dropped me off outside wearing a purple satin jacket. I think he thought I'd be killed and he waved me off like it was the last time he'd ever see me alive. It must've been like losing your child to a deadly cult-and maybe that's exactly how it was...I had gone by myself and stood by myself throughout, and of course, it was the turning of at least eight corners."

Cheers Danny!! Thanks a mill!! It's really strange though how he's talking nicely about his father there, and then when that interviewer for les inrockuptibles (back in 1995) asked him about his father, he went quiet, shook his head and refused to talk about him, like he had done something terrible to him?

Q: What about your father ?
M: ...(He pulls a wry face, keeps silent and makes a wide gesture of the hand as a signal of defence. Then indicates the microphone on the table shaking his head, unable to speak. Follows an endless silence.)

Cheers Danny!! Thanks a mill!! It's really strange though how he's talking nicely about his father there, and then when that interviewer for les inrockuptibles (back in 1995) asked him about his father, he went quiet, shook his head and refused to talk about him, like he had done something terrible to him?

Q: What about your father ?
M: ...(He pulls a wry face, keeps silent and makes a wide gesture of the hand as a signal of defence. Then indicates the microphone on the table shaking his head, unable to speak. Follows an endless silence.)
Always be wary of journalists "spin" on something that isn't actually quoted. They can describe any little mannerism to fit their agenda. They also make things up.

Always be wary of journalists "spin" on something that isn't actually quoted. They can describe any little mannerism to fit their agenda. They also make things up.

Yeah, that's probably the case, seeing as, as far as we know, Peter was a nice bloke. Bloody journalists who lie!

i am just curious about what she looks like!? i can't imagine the feminine version of moz:eek: hahha:D scary

i am just curious about what she looks like!? i can't imagine the feminine version of moz:eek: hahha:D scary

Same chin..:D But she is blonde.
jackie.jpg

If i remember rightly at this years gig at liverpool philiharmonic Morrissey said at one point... "That song was called 'The Father Who Must Be Killed' something to which we can all relate to' then a section of the crowd boo-ed him beleive it or not and our mozzer quipped "yes boo me, I dare you"

Back
Top Bottom