Comments made by Moz s' father about his son's carreer?

moz'art girl

oh la la
Hello,
Well, I would like to know if some of you have some things to say about it, as I know Moz s' "papa" has not always been very very nice with his son during his youth...:rolleyes:
He has come and seen him in concert recently, is that true? Does he support his son now? Is he proud of him? (HE SHOULD BE...:) )
Do you think he was delighted to see the "November spawned a monster" video?:rolleyes:

I sometimes wonder as well if Jackie is actually alive...

i once read somewhere that his father rang up a radio station to ask them why didn't they play his sons records? (this was some time ago mind).

I remember reading NME's gossip column around '90/91, someone who claimed Morrissey's father rang up some Irish radio station and demanded them to play his son's record. I also heard at early Smiths gig he turned up drunken state... I don't know it's true or not.

i once read somewhere that his father rang up a radio station to ask them why didn't they play his sons records? (this was some time ago mind).
Well, now we know where Moz gets it from. :rolleyes:

Like father like son...

His mom and dad aren't together anymore but they turned up to one of his concerts (forget which) morrissey said they were "gleaming"? i forget but i know they've been to his concert together.

I've always wondered about their relationship. In interviews, he either refuses to talk about him or dismisses him completely. Obviously, I know that they weren't close when Moz was growing up, but he seems to be really angry and upset at
him as opposed to merely being distant from him. Hmmmm......

Also, did Morrisseys' mother ever re-marry, or find someone else?

His mom and dad aren't together anymore but they turned up to one of his concerts (forget which) morrissey said they were "gleaming"? i forget but i know they've been to his concert together.

yes it was one the royal albert hall gigs in 2002. he said something like please do not use any bad language tonight as my parents are in the audience and he waved to the box where they were sitting

cossy

I always get the impression that he protects his family from the press. That article he wrote about his dad dropping him off at a T-Rex concert was very warm towards him. Just because he doesn't like talking about his mum and dad to journalists, it doesn't mean he doesn't get on with them. Maybe he just doesn't want to give journalists an excuse to analyse his parents as well as himself.

Yeah, I've always been really curious too about what his family think/feel about him.

Somewhere in these United States, live some of his cousins...

I went to a gig on this tour. Whilst waiting to go in I saw a big black Jag pull up at the front doors and some people who might have been family arrived. An older woman, smartly dressed, a slim older man in a suit and a few other younger well-build younger men who I thought on first impression were security, but were casually-dressed and relaxed in manner. After the music finished I saw someone taking photos from the stage of the place on a pocket camera.
They might have been other people's guests, but since it was the day before his Birthday I conjectured it might have been family....

:confused:

Thanks for your answers! Some are funny!
Yes, the son is like the father...:D
Anf Moz's father dancing on stage next to his son:brilliant!:p
Well, the relationship between the two men is not very clear...:rolleyes:

I always get the impression that he protects his family from the press. That article he wrote about his dad dropping him off at a T-Rex concert was very warm towards him.

Do you have a link to that article, perchance? I'd be very grateful If ya posted it. Thanks!

A mystery really, but I remember reading somewhere a comment made by his dad when Morrissey made his famous outburst on the Brighton bombing. It went something along the lines of "a lot of people think these things, but Steven just comes right out and says exactly what he thinks". Cheers.

Yeah. And his sister and nephews were spotted at one of the gigs I got to. I can't remember which it was - I didn't see them...mind, I wasn't looking at anyone except Morrissey :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How old is Jackie?
And how many children does she have, do you know? :confused:

Thanks;so, she is older than Morrissey...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom