Comments like these by Morrissey

This charming man.

Throbbing member.
No wonder J.M. had had enough in 1987. Love J.M.'s frown when Morrissey speaks glibly about The Doors.

[youtube]ngIQEeHpWPE&feature=related[/youtube]

Johnny's face at the end is hilarious. I love Morrissey's endless pouting/lip-licking.

"According to the RIAA, The Doors have sold over 35 million albums in the US alone. The band has sold nearly 100 million albums worldwide."

Guess Moz had a point :rolleyes:

Beeeeeee fooooooooorrrrrrrre yooooooooooooouuuuuuuu slip into, unconsciousness I'd, like to have another kiss... :cool:

Does anyone have a link to the whole interview? I've never seen this before.. FANKS:p

Frown? Looks to me like he was biting his finger to stop himself laughing.

Oh give him a break. His poor brain was splitting it's time between himself and a ten year-old-girl. :p I bet if you had a dollar for every dumb thing you said you'd be a rich man. Consider yourself blessed none of them are caught forever on camera.

What did you say about The Doors Moz????? What!?! Just kidding, I wasn't around when they were around, but I really like them, and not because he's dead. (Actually I don't know anything about who is dead or when or why.) My parents listened to them a few times in the car, and at first I didn't like them, but suddenly I fell in love with them. I have been listening to the two CDs we have on and off again for the last some months. I just really like it, I don't know why. I love Johnny Marr's face. Doesn't he like The Beatles?

Beeeeeee fooooooooorrrrrrrre yooooooooooooouuuuuuuu slip into, unconsciousness I'd, like to have another kiss... :cool:
This is my favorite of their songs right now. I loooooove it. It gives me the chills sometimes.

I'd love to see this interview in colour.

Wow, Morrissey really did used to regard the singles chart highly, didn't he?

He's always been obsessed with it... he still is.

Frown? Looks to me like he was biting his finger to stop himself laughing.

Yes, with the inevitable frown just before the interviews cuts.

Does anyone have a link to the whole interview? I've never seen this before.. FANKS:p

Will have a search for you.

Oh give him a break. His poor brain was splitting it's time between himself and a ten year-old-girl. :p I bet if you had a dollar for every dumb thing you said you'd be a rich man. Consider yourself blessed none of them are caught forever on camera.

I already am, Crystal.:D

He's always been obsessed with it... he still is.

Unusual for an independent band although money, and lots of it, being the main objective rather than obsessed with hit records.

Hate to be pedantic, but he doesn't actually 'frown' at all at the end. His eyebrows go up - not down. Which is usually a gesture of suprise or incredulity. Morrisssey is just 'being Morrissey' - making hilariously overblown statements for the press, in grand Oscar Wilde style. The whole thing's a hoot if you ask me. Almost as much as the idea that Johnny would be so upset by Morrissey dissing other bands in interviews that he'd decide to leave the Smiths. ;)

To mention the bleeding obvious, this is an edited piece. As they almost certainly didn't have two cameras filming this interview (too expensive and unnecessary for this type of shot ie maximum of a 2 shot), that bit with Johnny on the end was not filmed in conjunction with Morrissey's comment. The illusion of editing makes you think the face (frown or stifled giggle) is a reaction but in reality it is not.

Last edited:
I like how you all feel so smart by overanalyzing an edited 1-second frame.

First of all, none of you know that reaction happened at that precise moment. Even if it did, it could mean a million different things.

But that won't prevent everybody from making things look as dramatic as possible, right?

Correction: "I like how you all (except Media Whore) feel so smart..."

I'm glad some people in this world know there's such a thing as video editing, commonly used in interviews.

Let's forget that though and come up with more ways about how this might have been the exact beginning of Johnny's disillusions and so on.

NME, here's a headline for you: "Mystery solved: The Smiths ended because of The Doors".

201010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom