whr_Posters_1.jpg

whr_Posters_2.jpg

wuntitled2.jpg

wuntitledez.jpg

wuntitledman.jpg

wuntitledoz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OMG....I think I could kiss Mr Buzzetta:eek::p

It has Gambit and the Blob and Lieb seems to be good at the role of Victor Creed (sabletooth).

Schrieber looks incredible as Sabertooth. Movie actually looks like it could pack a wallop. However after seeing Dark Knight...

I have to say... Unfortunately with the dynamic that exists between James Howlett and Creed that we may be disappointed. I have this sneaking suspicion that in 2009 at this time you and I are going to agree that Dark Knight was the movie Wolverine could have been.

Oh yeah... Didja see Deadpool?

we are such geeks!

Schrieber looks incredible as Sabertooth. Movie actually looks like it could pack a wallop. However after seeing Dark Knight...

I have to say... Unfortunately with the dynamic that exists between James Howlett and Creed that we may be disappointed. I have this sneaking suspicion that in 2009 at this time you and I are going to agree that Dark Knight was the movie Wolverine could have been.?

I think you may be right....with the Dark Knight they wanted a more mature approach to the story. Which i think they want with this one but its got to draw in the crowds so more or less its going a pretty good (but violent) action movie.

Oh yeah... Didja see Deadpool?

nope, i didn't notice:o i was still jumping up and down in my seat seeing Gambit!

hold on I think i did:D

Re: we are such geeks!

Dark Knight has changed the game. It has got to have Hollywood and (I do not know your equivalent is in the UK) scratching their heads. It demonstrated that you can have widespread appeal without a comic booky approach. You could have substituted Batman for a disgraced vigilante cop and the Joker for a Pacino/Deniro crazed criminal lunatic and still had a compelling movie.

Terminator: Salvation

Reboot of the saga since the timeline has changed.
Cameron and Arnold gave their blessings on the initial script.
Christian Bale stars as John Connor.

Punisher Warzone : Official Trailer

I swear if I can put off buy a house for one more year next summer I am either going to the UK, Spain, Italy or Comicon 2009 in San Diego.

Nicked from myself and put in a more appropriate place. ;)

Robert Downey Jr. Checks His Ego for Iron Man 2

Fred Topel
Tue Aug 5, 2:45 PM ET

Before Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr. was a punch line for any celebrity rehab story. Now he's considered the mastermind of the greatest comic-book movie ever. Well, for a couple months until The Dark Knight opened.

Going into Iron Man 2, Downey is playing the humble card. "I also have to let go, because there's an aspect, particularly after the success of things, I noticed my narcissism got dialed up," said Downey while promoting his latest film, Tropic Thunder.

"Suddenly, for a minute, I felt like everyone needed to take a knee and listen to what I had to say, because I f***in' made it, and my way works and all this stuff. Then I go home and I go, 'Oh my God, what's happening to me? I gotta get grounded here.' "

Downey got Tropic cowriter and actor Justin Theroux the gig writing Iron Man 2. Theroux is just crawling out from under the pile of Iron Man comics as we speak.

"I've just stopped marinating in all the Iron Man lore that I didn't know, and I'm sort of firing up the chainsaw and ready to attack it," said Theroux. "You're writing for Robert Downey Jr., so, at the end of the day, that's an enormous amount of fun."

The new collaboration has Downey all fired up to slip into the gold suit again. "I'm stoked," he said. "I'm into it. I'm excited to do another Iron Man right."

Copyright © 2008 E! Online, Inc.

Re: Queuers wonder 'could it be me?'

Johnny Depp is supposedly on the short list for the Riddler should that be the villain in the next installment of Batman

Johnny Depp is supposedly on the short list for the Riddler should that be the villain in the next installment of Batman

He would be better as the Joker (what do you think?), it's a shame that the three best villians were used in two films.

how about the rumour that phillip seymour...what ever his name as the Penguin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

something to watch on DVD, not a cinema job for me:
hr_Red_Sonja_1.jpg

He would be better as the Joker (what do you think?), it's a shame that the three best villians were used in two films.

how about the rumour that phillip seymour...what ever his name as the Penguin.

I believe that a Danny DeVitto / Tim Burton Penguin was a perfect fit for the other four movie franchise. However it does not fit in the same type of molded universe Nolan has created. Did you ever see MI:3? Sure we all laugh at Tom Cruise because of the Scientology nonsense but that movie was pretty badass at certain points. Phillip Seymore Hoffman brought crime boss to a new level while on board the cargo plane as he was laughing at the MI:3 characters proclaiming that everything they love is already dead except they do not know it yet. That is the Penguin I would like to see. I want the gritty teflon don crime lord that Bats cannot touch.

However I do not believe that they have used the best villains as far as the rest of the public is concerned. I have personally believed that Ras Al Gul and the Joker were the Most interesting. But I am sure the rest of Jeo Average Public looked at the first movie and went "huh?" Scarecrow and "Ras al What?" We still have yet to have seen Catwoman (who Maggie Gyllanhall's character would be an excellent swerve if she were to become.) With Batman's famous rogues gallery there is plenty to choose from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains

I believe that a Danny DeVitto / Tim Burton Penguin was a perfect fit for the other four movie franchise. However it does not fit in the same type of molded universe Nolan has created. ]
I was thinking the same thing.....but will Nolan do the next one?

Did you ever see MI:3? Sure we all laugh at Tom Cruise because of the Scientology nonsense but that movie was pretty badass at certain points. Phillip Seymore Hoffman brought crime boss to a new level while on board the cargo plane as he was laughing at the MI:3 characters proclaiming that everything they love is already dead except they do not know it yet. That is the Penguin I would like to see. I want the gritty teflon don crime lord that Bats cannot touch.]

I liked that Mission Impossible film, he was very 'cold' as the villian that Ethan had to sort out. The Penguin as a mobster....that's the idea.:cool:

However I do not believe that they have used the best villains as far as the rest of the public is concerned. I have personally believed that Ras Al Gul and the Joker were the Most interesting. But I am sure the rest of Jeo Average Public looked at the first movie and went "huh?" Scarecrow and "Ras al What?" We still have yet to have seen Catwoman (who Maggie Gyllanhall's character would be an excellent swerve if she were to become.) With Batman's famous rogues gallery there is plenty to choose from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_villains

Scarecrow was very well handed, really...I remember after Batman & Robin the rumour was Mel Gibson would be The Scarecrow.

I suppose Batman Returns done a great job with Catwoman as well, it's going to be hard to cast.

but, the Joker, Ras and Two face are the best Batman villains;)

Oh well, we have to see what happens.

I was thinking the same thing.....but will Nolan do the next one?

I liked that Mission Impossible film, he was very 'cold' as the villian that Ethan had to sort out. The Penguin as a mobster....that's the idea.:cool:

Scarecrow was very well handed, really...I remember after Batman & Robin the rumour was Mel Gibson would be The Scarecrow.

I suppose Batman Returns done a great job with Catwoman as well, it's going to be hard to cast.

but, the Joker, Ras and Two face are the best Batman villains;)

Oh well, we have to see what happens.

Here you go...
Someone tell Nolan to turn this into Batman III
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Cult

47639.jpg

‘Evil Dead 4’ Won’t Rely On Younger Sidekick, Says Bruce Campbell
Published by Shawn Adler on Thursday, August 14, 2008 at 12:11 pm.

Two weeks ago, director Sam Raimi shocked Comic-Con with a declaration that “Evil Dead” would rise again. So when can we start salivating with anticipation?

“When he’s ready, I’m ready,” star Bruce Campbell told MTV News.

While nothing remains written or planned, Campbell and Raimi have actually discussed the long-anticipated movie at length, the man with the million dollar chin insisted, saying that they already have a basic idea of where to take Ash, the poor S-Mart clerk who’s already narrowly survived three adventures - the last of which, “Army of Darkness,” got released in 1992.

Part of that plan, naturally, involves accounting for the fact that the last “Evil Dead” movie got released in 1992.

“Sam gets to hide behind the camera. I can’t. But I think he’s planning on factoring that in,” Campbell revealed. “As like a major factor. It’d be a major liability, you know Ash runs out of breath or his back goes out and [stuff] like that. I mean I just blew my hamstring fighting a stunt guy for ‘Burn Notice,’ the show that I’m doing now. So there’s a little bit of truth to all of that!”

An older Ash? Why not, Campbell asked, especially given that this has truly been the year of the aging action star, what with movies like “Live Free or Die Hard” and “Indiana Jones” showcasing senior citizen commandos.

About those two movies though while we’re talking about them – you know those annoying characters played by Shia LaBeouf and Justin Long? The young sidekick character? Yeah, not so much gonna happen in “Evil Dead,” Campbell declared.

“I think the audience would be insulted if you did, because then you feel this obvious pressure to appeal,” he said. “The beauty of the ‘Evil Dead’ movies is that you’re only appealing to one demographic and that’s people who like horror movies. And you just have to please them. You don’t have to appeal to the studio. You’re already pleasing them by giving them part 4.”

Of course, for all his declarations, everything is just “smoke and mirrors at this point,” the actor said jokingly. But is there anything definitive he can tell us about “Evil Dead 4?”

“Nobody knows anything,” he said. “I mean if we were really smart [though], we’d go back to a handheld movie and shoot it in 16mm and find someplace in the middle of nowhere. And have a crew of 10 people. If we were smart.”

Oops.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]Fox seeks to stop WB's "Watchmen" after court win[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
Monday August 18
9:26 PM ET[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1] Twentieth Century Fox said on Monday it will seek an injunction to block release of the Warner Bros movie "Watchmen" after a Los Angeles court ruled a copyright lawsuit against Warner can go forward.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The movie about raffish, flawed superheroes -- which has already been shot -- is slated for release on March 6, said Warner Bros spokesman Scott Roe.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]The highly anticipated film, with a budget believed to be about $120 million, is based on a 1980s DC Comics graphic novel written by Alan Moore and illustrated by Dave Gibbons.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]In his decision released last week, Judge Gary Feess of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California wrote that Fox could hold some of the rights to the material, even if it did not hold all rights.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fox argues it acquired motion picture rights to the "Watchmen" graphic novel in the last 1980s, and that even though it relinquished certain rights to the material in 1991 it held onto the right to distribute the first movie.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"We will be asking the court to enforce Fox's copyright interests in "The Watchmen" and enjoin the release of the Warner Brothers film and any related 'Watchmen' media that violate our copyright interests in that property," said Fox spokesman Gregg Brilliant.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The Watchmen" is directed by Zack Snyder, who made the 2007 hit movie "300." The film is based on edgy material and takes an unorthodox approach to the superhero movie by focusing on flawed antiheroes.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Scott Rowe, a spokesman for Warner Bros, said the ruling only means that the case will go forward.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The judge did not opine at all on the merits, other than to conclude that Fox satisfied the pending requirements," Rowe said. "We respectfully disagree with Fox's position and do not believe they have any rights in and to this project."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Feess' ruling was issued on Wednesday, in response to Warner Bros' request to have the case dismissed. Warner Bros made the request after Fox sought an injunction against release of "Watchmen."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fox filed its lawsuit against Warner Bros in February. Fox's accusations against its rival studio included copyright infringement, interference with contract and breach of contract.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]DC Comics, the company behind the "Watchmen" graphic novel, is a subsidiary of Warner Bros, which is owned by Time Warner Inc. Fox is owned by News Corp[/SIZE][/FONT].

[FONT=arial,helvetica](Reporting by Alex Dobuzinskis: Editing by Peter Henderson and Carol Bishopric)[/FONT]

this is a remake of this film:

I hope its good.

I think I am one of the few that has enjoyed Reeves' movies.

Back
Top Bottom