Morrissey Central "Come writers and critics" (October 12, 2022)

Last edited:
Vvj7.gif

Wouldn't it have been John Riggers' turn now with an in-depth "conversation" on "BOT and beyond"?
Instead, it's back to the assiduous essays by La Dodwell. Well, if that's the only thing that dampens the mood, it can go on cheerfully.

as soon as i saw the pic of the two of them together i knew we were going to be blessed with more of her examinations, observations, and seo content. fiona, you've done it again dear. if only julia wrote articles.

also, when there are photos of him on stage whipping around the microphone and the cord is caught in mid air it reminds me of an errant urine stream.

The gig I attended was excellent, and the tour seemed a success.

But discretion remains the best part of valour.

1) Her again. Always her. You can pick whom you like to paint your portrait
2) Here's another article, published today... https://www.newstatesman.com/culture/music/2022/10/morrissey-far-right-nationalism-irrelevant
To use your own, oft repeated, little phrase..."this is very thin gruel".

Glad to see that your obsession with all things Morrissey stretches to subscribing to a rag like TNS. Desperate times, eh? Or do you produce a Morrissey-themed crossword for them as well?

Good grief. One brief tour where he kept his mouth shut and nothing bad happened, and he's back at it. Quoting another artist's lyrics as a backwards version of 'I told you so'. How embarrassing.

This post is exactly the kind of response you see on social media from right-wing f***nuts every time a fellow right-wing f***nut gets close to power in a country other than the UK or US.

He just doesn't learn does he?

Good grief. One brief tour where he kept his mouth shut and nothing bad happened, and he's back at it. Quoting another artist's lyrics as a backwards version of 'I told you so'. How embarrassing.

This post is exactly the kind of response you see on social media from right-wing f***nuts every time a fellow right-wing f***nut gets close to power in a country other than the UK or US.

Nurse! The screens!

The times are changing. We all know that most people outside the Guardian-reading chattering classes have the same opinions as Morrissey on mass immigration and cancel culture. Most people are sometimes left wing and sometimes right wing - it depends what the topic is under discussion. Most people want a free and open discussion - rather than being told 'you can't say that'. It was a delight to see Brixton Academy rammed to the rafters yesterday. The silent majority are with Morrissey and think he is a courageous figure for taking a stand, despite the undoubted damage it will have done to his career. People like Morrissey and John Cleese are true national treasures. And JK Rowling. Recent events have vindicated her courageous stand...

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'

Cheer up soon be Christmas.

People like Morrissey and John Cleese are true national treasures. And JK Rowling.
Nope. They are simply old, out of touch, bitter people who just cannot accept that the world has changed and is no longer like it was when they were growing up in the Glorious 70s (or in Cleese's case, the Glorious 50s).

John Cleese went on BBC radio and complained that people like him have been 'cancelled' by the BBC. He's so past it he can't even recognise irony any more.

And JK Rowling is a 'Smiths fan' who has never heard Is It Really So Strange. She's a fool.

Nope. They are simply old, out of touch, bitter people who just cannot accept that the world has changed and is no longer like it was when they were growing up in the Glorious 70s (or in Cleese's case, the Glorious 50s).

John Cleese went on BBC radio and complained that people like him have been 'cancelled' by the BBC. He's so past it he can't even recognise irony any more.

And JK Rowling is a 'Smiths fan' who has never heard Is It Really So Strange. She's a fool.
Human progress is not linear. It is cyclical. Bob Dylan, with the wisdom of the poet, understands that important fact. You, clearly, do not.

"For the loser now
Will be later to win"

Except Moz was never a loser. His level of success has been sustained for decades while all the one hit wonders lauded by the press evaporated like panther piss on nettles. Compared to the likes of Ed Sheepshear, Taylor Pffft, Bouncey, One Direerection, etc (mega sellers to the sedated masses) then most credible music artists are 'losers' in terms of sales. But Moz has never been a loser. The longevity and quality of his albums bow to nobody but the fans.

What a load of absolute piffle.

Human progress is not linear. It is cyclical. Bob Dylan, with the wisdom of the poet, understands that important fact. You, clearly, do not.
Where'd you get that guff from? If it's cyclical, how come we don't dip back to living in caves now and then? Will there be a run on Penny Farthings soon?

Progress is going forwards, not round and round in circles. The human race has progressed for centuries and will continue to do so, with or without boring old farts trying to stop it cos it was 'better in my day'.

Where'd you get that guff from? If it's cyclical, how come we don't dip back to living in caves now and then? Will there be a run on Penny Farthings soon?

Progress is going forwards, not round and round in circles. The human race has progressed for centuries and will continue to do so, with or without boring old farts trying to stop it cos it was 'better in my day'.
Dear Anonymous, you need to up your game in the argument stakes on this site if all you've got is "you're old, the world has changed so get over it".

Nope. 100% clown.

Tags
fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom