Come On - Cork Setlist!

we Can't Let A Few Bad Oranges Spoil The Bunch. :p A Few New Ones Are Ripe For Picking, But The Days Of Golden Delicious Apples May Be Over.

i Am Not Calling Morrissey A Fruit. :d

Lol!!! :d

Its apples and oranges. And the orange aren't crap just because they are new and perhaps not all the way ripe yet :p

Corrissey am I right? Where my brain twin at? ;)

If I can get my hands on a lyric sheet, I'll right a dissertation explaining why Tony The Pony has more depth than Something Is Squeezing My Skull..

But no matter how bad Morrissey may get, he's still on a completely different level than anyone else, and even his "crap" is better than their best.

Hmmm... not the worst setlist in the world, but Vicar In A f***ing Tutu did make me think of trying to sell my Hyde Park ticket before realising that a) I'd get nothing for it, and b) if I don't go it means three other people won't be going either so I'm stuck.

I understand he has to play some Smiths songs for the older codgers like Jukebox ;) but way to piss all over your solo career once again. And I'm still going to have to stand through How Soon Is Now again. f*** I wish I had something better to do than go to bloody Morrissey gigs.

Edit: All that being said, getting to see and hear THE LOOP again makes it worth it :guitar::guitar::guitar: :D

well, the next time you don't want to go to a show, you can certainly purchase me a ticket instead. :p :D

yay for Ask and Stretch Out And Wait!!

pretty stoked about "Ask" and "What She Said." hope he keeps those in the setlist until he comes back to the US. I'm even happy with "Vicar in a TuTu." I don't know why everyone hates it so much. its just a fun little diddy.

I'm with you. I dont see why ppl dont like Vicar In A Tutu. That's certainly news to me.

I understand he has to play some Smiths songs for the older codgers like Jukebox ;) but way to piss all over your solo career once again. And I'm still going to have to stand through How Soon Is Now again. f*** I wish I had something better to do than go to bloody Morrissey gigs.

:mad:To think I even bought you TWO drinks at your farewell S&G last month.....:mad: I was beginning to like you. Still, you can come to London and when he plays 'How Soon Is Now?' you can nip out and have a chat with your mate Boris.:p

Jukebox 'Old Codger' Jury

gig fantastic,atmosphere electric,band superb,setlist incredible,probably the best version that i've heard them play of HOW SOON IS NOW(and ive heard it too many times too mention).........
but.....
the i thought the f.o.h. sound was not so good,maybe because it was in a marquee ???
anyway.roll on Sarturday:)

I think a mixed setlist. Good choice of new Smiths songs (Ask,Vicar, What she said) , However HSIN should be dropped now.

No complaints about the new songs but biggest disappointment is exactly the same Moz solo songs as earlier this year.

Surely its time to ditch FOTGTD. Overall a slight disappointment if he sticks with this as too similar to London shows.

I think there will be trouble in Laaaardon if he plays that set list as a lot of people there won't know his work that well, plus a gut full of free company booze add in the fact their Essex boys = Trouble.

Personally I thought it was good but a shame that How Soon Is Now can't be swapped for Trouble Loves Me or even BBAH.

I think a mixed setlist. Good choice of new Smiths songs (Ask,Vicar, What she said) , However HSIN should be dropped now.

No complaints about the new songs but biggest disappointment is exactly the same Moz solo songs as earlier this year.

Surely its time to ditch FOTGTD. Overall a slight disappointment if he sticks with this as too similar to London shows.

All of which really misses the point that Morrissey was in top form. I like 99% of his songs so the important thing is whether he can be arsed or not on the night. The only downside for me was dealing with pathetic security types.

I think there will be trouble in Laaaardon if he plays that set list as a lot of people there won't know his work that well, plus a gut full of free company booze add in the fact their Essex boys = Trouble.

Personally I thought it was good but a shame that How Soon Is Now can't be swapped for Trouble Loves Me or even BBAH.

What the heck's BBAH? Sounds like a song from Morrissey's lesser known free-form jazz period?!

He'll change the set-list a bit before Wireless but probably not enough. He really needs to include the likes of 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'. 'This Charming Man' and 'There is a Light' to really invoke that mass sing-along, feel-good festival vibe...

What the heck's BBAH? Sounds like a song from Morrissey's lesser known free-form jazz period?!
Barbarism Begins At Home!
I don't think that would work, personally.
He'll change the set-list a bit before Wireless but probably not enough.
I'm hoping he doesn't, I honestly think last night's set list was quite perfect. :D
He really needs to include the likes of 'Everyday Is Like Sunday'. 'This Charming Man' and 'There is a Light' to really invoke that mass sing-along,
I was thinking that but I doubt he will ... maybe TISAL.. but I doubt it.

feel-good festival vibe...
Ewwww :o:p

Odd that as everyone seemed to be singing along and dancing last night. Really, the only lulls were with unreleased tracks, everything else bar possibly I just want to see the boy happy was a winner. For me I'd rather see Morrissey play songs from his past which I haven't heard live before - What she said, Stretch out and wait, Sister I'm a poet, etc, etc rather than he just tredged the hits over and over.

The only disappointment I had was from the intro which I thought he was going to open with "the operation" only to go with "all you need is me". Too bad.

I don't particularly like Billy Budd but even that was ok last night.

For me the most important thing with Morrissey is if he feels like performing on the night and last night he definitely did. I've been to enough Morrissey shows with all the hits but half arsed performance. I know which I'd go for.

Odd that as everyone seemed to be singing along and dancing last night. Really, the only lulls were with unreleased tracks, everything else bar possibly I just want to see the boy happy was a winner. For me I'd rather see Morrissey play songs from his past which I haven't heard live before - What she said, Stretch out and wait, Sister I'm a poet, etc, etc rather than he just tredged the hits over and over.

The only disappointment I had was from the intro which I thought he was going to open with "the operation" only to go with "all you need is me". Too bad.

I don't particularly like Billy Budd but even that was ok last night.

For me the most important thing with Morrissey is if he feels like performing on the night and last night he definitely did. I've been to enough Morrissey shows with all the hits but half arsed performance. I know which I'd go for.

I think that setlist is fine for a 'normal' concert i.e. not a festival. But at festivals, to go down really well, you would include a few songs that the non-committed fans would know. That's why Morrissey went down really well at Reading 2004 (included Every Day and How Soon) and not very well at all at V 2006 or Glasto.

Wireless should be a bit different tho. Moz is headlining so there will be a lot of fans there. He's obviously gonna be last on so you won't get the problem at other festivals when people are just standing there with no real interest, hanging around for the next band (like the Muse fans at Glasto).
Still think he should include a couple more crowd-pleasers though.

Thanks to Bryony for spelling out BBAH - somewhat ironically, it probably is his jazziest song!

Last edited:
I think that setlist is fine for a 'normal' concert i.e. not a festival. But at festivals, to go down really well, you would include a few songs that the non-committed fans would know. That's why Morrissey went down really well at Reading 2004 (included Every Day and How Soon) and not very well at all at V 2006 or Glasto.

Wireless should be a bit different tho. Moz is headlining so there will be a lot of fans there. He's obviously gonna be last on so you won't get the problem at other festivals when people are just standing there with no real interest, hanging around for the next band (like the Muse fans at Glasto).
Still think he should include a couple more crowd-pleasers though.

Thanks to Bryony for spelling out BBAH - somewhat ironically, it probably is his jazziest song!

Very true. Yesterday's set would have been pointless for someone who wasn't a die hard. Saying that, my mrs still enjoyed it.

this set list has just made me even more excited about wireless than i already was- and the thing is, he is bound to make a few changes - he usually does so we are in for some surprises too - it will be great and i cannot wait!

One week to go! :D

If he does 'What She Said' in London I might actually explode! (You might want to bring umbrellas or something.)

Hi all,it was a great gig last night,my first time seeing him,i have a few videos from the gig recorded on a fairly decent camera,i have a lot of the audio recorded too,i was told to put the camera away but kept recording the audio, and some video

Im at work at the moment posting on a phone,ill lash what videos i have on youtube later though,ill do a seperate job on the audio that i have

Back
Top Bottom