Columbus, OH - LC Indoor Pavilion (Jan. 22, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Black Cloud / Speedway / November Spawned A Monster / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Alma Matters / Still Ill / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Irish Blood, English Heart / Action Is My Middle Name / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / People Are The Same Everywhere / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by ThievesLikeUs

Last edited:
Oh my, here is hoping that we have not seen the last of That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore this tour.

So when Morrissey went on his rant about everyone and everything being wretched and the guy yelled "I hate you." do you sense the guy was picking up on his sarcasm and being sarcastic back? Because that bit is getting massively lost in translation on AYNIM. But if it was sarcasm its hilarious.
I was standing right behind that guy. He was loving the concert and dancing a lot. It was definitely sarcasm.

Does anybody know what the photograph backdrop of the three people he was singing in front of is? I couldn't recognize it.

A wonderful performance by Morrissey, who indeed seemed quite chatty, jovial, and energetic. The band, though sounding strong and sure, nevertheless seemed down--not quite dour, not melancholy, but preoccupied--with the notable exception of the superb drummer. Perhaps I'm alone in entertaining this perception. Boz, for instance, seemed unemotional and left the stage (after the encore) cradling his injured limb--the two likely related, one might assume. The set list was truly superb--from the throbbing power of "Black Cloud" to the hypnotizing loveliness of "Speedway" to the dulcet beauty of "Please, Please, Please." I would say that including "Meat" as the penultimate song had the effect of sapping the crowd of a considerable portion of its energy, leaving little left for "How Soon." But it was a memorable and emotional night for so many of us who have followed Morrissey since the 1980s--for those of us now halfway between being Generation X and being Geriatrics X, and for whom his music describes so much, so deeply, so expansively.

Someone else said, "Morrissey, you have changed everybody here's lives", which was received with great cheers and applause from the crowd.

That was me! I was hoping to shake his hand during the show, but was given a bigger gift by being able to share my thought with the crowd and Morrissey. Great show, had a great time, and met some great people.

Stan

Stan! it's "Betty", your videographer!
Moz was
phenomenal, as usual.
He' s postponed Chicago. I' m kind of wondering..... road trip for when he reschedules?

The concert was great, but I hated the venue. Had never been inside there before and will never go again if a concert is indoors - I don't think even Morrissey could entice me back there. I could not say "horrid" enough times to indicate *how* *horrid* Lifestyle Communities Pavilion is. I had been there once or twice before but for outdoor concerts, and that was OK. However, the inside is horrific. I was watching from the balcony, which I agree that the view was OK, but after standing for four hours on concrete (thank God I wore my comfy shoes), I could barely walk out of there, my back was in such pain. And without assigned seats, I didn't feel like I could even walk over to ask for water at the bar without losing my place (the friend I was with and I are not exactly the types to fight people off if they took our places, so the only option was to stand in the same place with no water and no break all evening). So, as wonderful as the concert was, I hope Morrissey will consider that many of his fans are the same age as he is, and will in the future move back to a nicer venue like the Palace Theatre (not only nicer, but better acoustics). Loved the concert. Loved Morrissey. Absolutely hated the venue. The venue was so bad, it would have overwhelmed all the good things about the night had it not been such a great concert.

Glad he ended with "Meat is Murder." Very powerful. Did so for a Smiths concert I saw in 1985, and I'm always glad that he's stuck to his principles since then. Hope to see him again soon, but at a better venue. And hope he's feeling better soon, too (glad the Columbus concert didn't get cancelled a second time).

I'd read so many negative reviews of the venue that I thought it would be a big waste of money but at least up in the balcony the views were great and only obstructed by one drunkass old lady dancing! I thought Action is My Middle Name was the highlight of the show. I'd seen it performed on Letterman but I thought this version was much better. I saw several people leave during Meat is Murder but it didn't faze me, plus I figured the encore would be How Soon is Now? An awesome show that was worth the 20 minute wait in freezing temps outside!

Are you sure the negative reviews were for The LC and not the Newport?

Are you sure the negative reviews were for The LC and not the Newport?

Both venues are awesome. Been to the Newport well over 100 times since 1986 and the LC about 30. It's Rock & Roll. It's not for old people to sit in their seats. This was only my 5th time seeing Mozz live, but the first time it has ever been GA. I loved the fact that if I wanted to, I could get as close as I wanted. I stood towards the middle of the pit for the complete show and it was fantastic.

I'm not talking about just sitting in one's seat. I mean the LC is really a dive. I have gone to lots of clubs and concert venues over the years (Danceteria, The Ritz, Beacon Theatre, Felt Forum, etc. in NYC & Crazy Mama's, Ohio Theatre, Palace Theatre in Columbus) that had great excitement, but were aesthetically pleasing and much more comfortable. I love to get up for concerts, but I didn't appreciate standing for over four hours on concrete at the LC. Horrible place. I saw The Smiths at the Beacon Theatre in 1985 and that was a very exciting experience, but also in a much lovelier setting. My only regret there (maybe or maybe not - sometimes it's better not to meet folks) is that I didn't use the backstage pass I was handed at the end of the concert. Oh, well.

Maybe as a woman, I also have a slightly different view of pits, too. The one time I accidentally got caught in one (at the Bowie/Nine Inch Nails concert years ago), I ended up with a bruise on my leg that lasted for over two months. That was not fun for me. I was there for the music, not to get beat up. Music, aesthetics, some comfort at least - I don't think that's too much to ask for in a concert experience (especially given the cost today). I kind of feel like people are so accustomed to being taken advantage of and taken for granted today as fans by the corporate entities that run the radio and concert industry now, they'll put up with whatever and even be thankful for it....

Both venues are awesome. Been to the Newport well over 100 times since 1986 and the LC about 30. It's Rock & Roll. It's not for old people to sit in their seats. This was only my 5th time seeing Mozz live, but the first time it has ever been GA. I loved the fact that if I wanted to, I could get as close as I wanted. I stood towards the middle of the pit for the complete show and it was fantastic.

I've had a few bad experiences with the sound quality at the Newport. I'm not going to complain about seating or concrete floors. The LC and the Newport are the type of venues that you stand (dance, jump around, etc.) and watch a show, not sit and have a glass of wine.

I wouldn't call LC a dive. Boring? Nondescript? Industrial? Yes, yes and yes. But I've been places that meet the definition of a dive and LC is not one of them.

What "pit"? There was a fence in front of the entire stage where I assume the early arrivers were able to secure a place for the show. But I didn't see any pit.

I wouldn't call LC a dive. Boring? Nondescript? Industrial? Yes, yes and yes. But I've been places that meet the definition of a dive and LC is not one of them.

What "pit"? There was a fence in front of the entire stage where I assume the early arrivers were able to secure a place for the show. But I didn't see any pit.

The pit is right in front of the stage and is actually lower than the rest of the standing area. You didn't need to arrive early or have a special pass either. I just walked to the side and went down. Was I against the stage? No. But I was no further than 20 feet back and had plenty of room. As for 'fence' are you referring to the barrier between the audience and stage?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom