Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion (Sep. 5, 2019) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Sep 6, 2019.

By davidt on Sep 6, 2019 at 12:00 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / Satan Rejected My Soul / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Back On The Chain Gang / Jack The Ripper / Some Say I Got Devil / Suedehead // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by FWD via setlist.fm

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Sep 6, 2019.

1. gordyboy9
      gordyboy9
      come on Benjamin get a photo of your ugly mug on here,give us all a good laugh.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Possibly death? Seem to recall from some of your old posts you were bleeding from your ass and you’ve had recent family bereavements. It’s fine to dislike and criticise, but try to stay the right side of decency and grow up. It’s never too late.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You all know my face. That's the fun in all this :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    4. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      I see several T-shirts I’d love to get. I really love the Hold On to Your Friends Tee.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Has Morrissey ever had a throw blanket with his image on it sold at concerts? I can’t remember. I know I don’t have one! That being said, I wouldn’t want to purchase one from Amazon or anything; I’m only interested in official merchandise from his shows or from Mporium.

I recently went to see Paul McCartney and he had a really lovely throw blanket and thought that would be a nice add to Morrissey’s merch stand. Apologies if there’s one out there and I’ve looked over it.
    6. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Love Moz n all that but the merch aint good especially the Ts...i just want a plain white one with 'Morrissey' or 'Moz' across the chest in black or dark green lettering, as opposed to these ones with big pics on. Maybe I'll just get my own printed.
    7. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      I had to go on a long road, it allowed me to listen entirely the "showColumbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion"

A very good show !!!!!

IMG_5503.jpg
      Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    8. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      Gosh the setlist is great. I love a great setlist.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      It just might be lanterns.
      Can't say I know the intent with which Moz said it, it just was funny to me.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    10. Mayfly
      Mayfly
      When I heard Johnny Marr doing "How soon is now?" in Paris, my first reaction to it was actually that I really missed Morrissey's voice here. But the crowd happily singing along here makes up for it, really an endearing moment. Thanks for posting it. And enjoy singing it in your local (karaoke) pub.
    11. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      A full review and some good black and white photos:

Live Review: Morrissey @ Merriweather Post Pavilion — 9/5/19

Excerpt:

"Although there was less conversation than usual, Morrissey’s signature wit was on display. “I’m told the mosquitos are particularly active tonight,” Morrissey said on stage at the outdoor pavilion. “It’s the end of the season, and it’s their last chance for S-E-X. We all know how they feel.”

https://parklifedc.com/2019/09/07/live-review-morrissey-merriweather-post-pavilion-9-5-19/

Photos by Jason Nicholson.

A few of them:

48691430641_dd3a5fe33b_z.jpg
      48691433851_98b09acfc1_z.jpg 48691603542_0467789644_z.jpg 48691093878_39f82e7104_z.jpg 48691425096_3c32dde4fd_z.jpg 48691593827_a4ee0ea56b_z.jpg

More images via the URL.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 3
    12. Anonymous o
      Anonymous o
      no one mention the badges.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    13. rick robinson
    14. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      Very good review, Merci :thumb:
    15. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Oh just make one then ! :lbf:

Moz use to make his own Doll shirts with a marker back in the day.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Oh dear, you really are to be pitied, what a backward, unappreciative, self centered person you are.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      We all know it is a very nasty, ugly face.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    18. Pablo Honey
      Pablo Honey
      This idea crossed my mind many, many times. I used to make my own posters as a teenager.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead

I have the 7" of this, it was re-recorded by Jonathan King of all people.
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    20. RobBob
      RobBob
      I was on here looking for that very same song! I was at the Merriweather show too.