Collecting "Everyday Is Like Sunday" [original edition]

After nearly sixty views without a comment I have the pleasure to start with a big THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
I´m really looking forward to the following parts and hope I can contribute in the future. Keep up the good work.

I have a unique version of the 12" Promo - its signed by Boz Boorer! I'd just bought it at a record fair when I bumped into him (he was working on his brother's stall I think) so I asked him to sign it - he said that he didn't play on, so why would I want him to sign it? But I made him do it anyway :D I've since had to buy another that hadn't been spoiled by Boz's signature...

We are all externally grateful to Stephane for all the work he puts into his site, and for all those who help him with the info. In an ideal world there will be collectors out there who have some of the extra info to fill in the few blanks and will share it. For this release I see that info on the promo video packaging, promo posters, 12" test pressing and Australian key rings is needed... surely some soloists have this info.

For what it is worth, in relation to :
UK 12" labels layout boards
This is a set of two layout boards having served in the design of the 12" labels, one for the a-side and the other for the b-side. Both are based on printed black and white His Master's Voice labels, with His Master's Voice logo at the top, 45 RPM graphics on the right and EMI credits around the edge, but without anything on them having to do with Morissey. Then everything related to this very release, such as the catalogue number, Morrissey's name, the titles, some credits, etc, have been printed, cut, and laid out at the proper position on the generic HMV label. This may be covered with a sheet of rice paper (confirmation needed)

Here are some photos. If mine ever had rice paper it has long since disappeared...
IMG00786-20111007-1029.jpg
IMG00787-20111007-1029.jpg

There are similar boards for Interesting Drug as well.

Dave

Dave,
Those are not the layout boards that I have described, see images below. Those blue labels are sold as promos but it appears that they are not legitimate. They appeared on the collectors market in great numbers about 10-12 years ago, at the same time as the ones for Interesting Drug.

Here are the layout boards:
UK 12'' tracing paper for label A.jpg
UK 12'' tracing paper for label B.jpg

Stephane

Hi Stephane

I wasn't 100% that they were the ones you were talking about - you describe them as black on white - but I figured they were the same thing. Nevermind.

I'm surprised that the boards I have aren't considered legit - from memory I bought one from an ebay seller that I've bought a few things from, he worked in a record shop and collected loads of stuff over the years, he said all of his stuff was from the record shop, these were designed to hang from the ceiling with string.

Dave

Dave,
Those are not the layout boards that I have described, see images below. Those blue labels are sold as promos but it appears that they are not legitimate. They appeared on the collectors market in great numbers about 10-12 years ago, at the same time as the ones for Interesting Drug.

Here are the layout boards:
View attachment 12302
View attachment 12303

Stephane

Hi Stephane,

I have a UK stickered promo stock 7" with press release. Do you want me to send you photos?

Back
Top Bottom