Colin Meloy talks about Morrissey

Jones

"I think he’s a brilliant lyricist. His evolution as a songwriter is amazing – he’s charted all the various stages of his life and career in an honest and thought-provoking way.

He could’ve made a career out of eulogising British working class youth but he was the first to realise that his life was not static – his songs are an amazing map of his own bizarre life-arc. "

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/sftw/article1197591.ece

Thanks for the link. I know Colin gets a bit of a bum rap from some people but I think him and The Decemberists are great. One of the best live bands around today and the Crane Wife is a record beyond what most bands could dream of making.

Plus he always comes across as a very likeable fellow.

"I think he’s a brilliant lyricist. His evolution as a songwriter is amazing – he’s charted all the various stages of his life and career in an honest and thought-provoking way.

his songs are an amazing map of his own bizarre life-arc

Absolutely!!! I Agree 100% with this :)

Thanks for the link. I know Colin gets a bit of a bum rap from some people but I think him and The Decemberists are great. One of the best live bands around today and the Crane Wife is a record beyond what most bands could dream of making.

Plus he always comes across as a very likeable fellow.

I agree 100%. One of the best, and funniest (it was like musical theater) shows (last fall) that I've seen in a long time. Plus they closed with an acoustic "Ask". :cool:

I love Colin's quotes about the Mozzer.

Back
Top Bottom