Cold sores

Anyone know any miraculous cures for cold sores? :(

yes, a drop of t tree oil will dry it up. only put it on the sore, you can also mix it with cold sore cream.

it should heal quicker and take a way the tension. 5 days:thumb:

Thanks Lainey will try that. Just been looking around the net and saw licquorice balm...apparently it makes the herpes virus inactive so ordered some of that.

I don't get them on my lips often..I get them under my nostrils but I have a monster one that is taking over my nose, nostrils and lips :tears:....attractive eh?

you must be feeling low, drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit.

Get some lysine tablets, they are cheap - and take 5 or 6 of them. Cold Sores come out when your body is low on this amino acid. If you take a huge dose, it will heal up any current cold sores overnight! Then you can take 1 tablet every couple of days as a supplement to stop you getting any more.

Get some lysine tablets, they are cheap - and take 5 or 6 of them. Cold Sores come out when your body is low on this amino acid. If you take a huge dose, it will heal up any current cold sores overnight! Then you can take 1 tablet every couple of days as a supplement to stop you getting any more.

Oh wow....that sounds brill! Will order some. Thank you!!

Oh wow....that sounds brill! Will order some. Thank you!!

You're welcome! Also I just remembered - if you put some neat alcohol on it, it will start to dry it up - it stings like a **** for a minute but then it's OK.

You're welcome! Also I just remembered - if you put some neat alcohol on it, it will start to dry it up - it stings like a **** for a minute but then it's OK.

I tried that when I got one earlier this year...I was dabbing it with alcohol wipes every hour. I am looking for prevention rather than cure now....they are becoming intolerable to live with :(

Oh in that case get the supplement, you'll never get them again! And the tablets are really cheap.

I used to get them a LOT.....Cream from your doctor ( "Zovirax" or somesuch..) used Immediately you feel one beginning will seriously halt it growing, and also "Lypsil" lip cream keeps them at bay....also good for tender Nostrils!! just rub a bit over the sore....Hope thats some help too....I HATE the Buggers......

I used to get them a LOT.....Cream from your doctor ( "Zovirax" or somesuch..) used Immediately you feel one beginning will seriously halt it growing, and also "Lypsil" lip cream keeps them at bay....also good for tender Nostrils!! just rub a bit over the sore....Hope thats some help too....I HATE the Buggers......

agreed-my mom gets them and uses prescription creams that seem to stop them in their tracks.

agreed-my mom gets them and uses prescription creams that seem to stop them in their tracks.

I use zovirax but once the coldsore has started all this does is speed up the healing process by about a day. Evidence based findings show that zovirax etc is not that good and just stops your body building up its natural immunity.
I'm gonna go with the lysine and see if that works for me.

Thanks all for your advice ...much appreciated :)

Come up to my face and say that

Well no, you already did, and you already spread your hatred

Maybe it's coming out on your face already?

take those lysine pills regularly and always have a tube of abreva on you at all times if you start to get that little itch.

Tags
arentuashamed?
Back
Top Bottom