Co-writing credits for the 3 new songs

An anonymous person writes:

According to the head Polecat via Facebook, Boz Boorer has confirmed that both "Action is my Middle Name" and "The Kid's a Looker" are Boz co-writes while "People are the Same Everywhere" is a Tobias composition.

No Alain songs yet!​

Last edited:
Hardly something to boast about.

I don't get all the negativity around here. We've only heard three new songs and yet people are constantly screaming his career is over. Yes, I think "Kids' a Looker" is disappointing but even then the 'la la la' chorus gets stuck in your head! "People are the Same" is a powerful tune and the lyrics are spot on. "Action" is gorgeous, but you already knew that. These songs are still in their raw state...a good producer will extract even more beauty out of them.

You hiss and groan and you constantly moan...must I go on?

Not being negative but the "Kid", "People are the Same" are horrible songs.....

Back to the drawing board Morrissey these songs are horrible. You have to create a good foundation for a producer to craft it into something people will enjoy. I wish Morrissey would realize this and remove them from the live set.

'Kid' and 'People Are The Same' are brilliant and 'Action' ain't bad. Rock on Mozza!

I don't get all the negativity around here. We've only heard three new songs and yet people are constantly screaming his career is over. Yes, I think "Kids' a Looker" is disappointing but even then the 'la la la' chorus gets stuck in your head! "People are the Same" is a powerful tune and the lyrics are spot on. "Action" is gorgeous, but you already knew that. These songs are still in their raw state...a good producer will extract even more beauty out of them.

You hiss and groan and you constantly moan...must I go on?

That's OK. I don't get all the backside kissing. I'm sure some Paul McCartney fans lauded The Frog Chorus too. "Helter Skelter? Pah!"

Now, as to a producer being able to glean beauty from these bare bones, I hope you're right. I remember hearing First Of The Gang To Die on the Late Late Show with Kilborn, or Paris on some God awful Youtube clip from a gig for the very first time.

Both shimmered and shone even in that raw form. These new ones simply don't. In my opinion, naturally.

We. Shall. See.

No surprise at all that Boz created some of this turgid plop. The new songs are right stinkers. As if Boz himself had shat them out after eating nothing but cabbage broth for a week.

There's no new Alain songs because he no longer works with Morrissey. You should check the forums for this info, or simply ask him. The songs which appeared on Years of Refusal were his demos sent to Morrissey in late 2006. Some of his songs were discarded during the recording sessions, however, so it's possible they may get reused at some point or another.

Not surprised Jesse wrote People. He seems bored by the slower numbers from what I've seen at the shows.

I'm sure some Paul McCartney fans lauded The Frog Chorus too. "Helter Skelter? Pah!"
You might like to know that the song was actually called "We all stand together" and not the Frog Chorus. It was BY Paul McCartney and The Frog Chorus.

This may be a trivial point, but it's still more interesting than those three new songs.
Give me "We all stand together" any day. At least it had a tune.

i quite liked "action is..." but really couldn't get into the other two as much---granted, that can easily change---i give him the benefit of the doubt that these are in fact very raw, embryonic versions which may well indeed blossom into more palatable (at least to me) versions once laid down in the studio.

Personally I think People Are The Same Everywhere is superb.
Action is ok, the other one is shite

Hardly something to boast about.

Unfortunately, many Moz fans cannot be objective. They will Never criticize anything Moz puts out. Too many Morrissey fans would heap praise on a recording of his toilet habits and tell you it's brilliant.

Don't expect an album deal anytime soon with complete shite like that. They are not even fit to be fillers or b sides.......what are they thinking.

They can refer to this site in a childish manner of so-low and it's participants but I tell you ,I would repeat these remarks on any site they care to mention.

Ive been a fan since 1984 and these songs are the culmination of over 5 years of dross.

Nothing inspiring.

Don't expect an album deal anytime soon with complete shite like that. They are not even fit to be fillers or b sides.......what are they thinking.

They can refer to this site in a childish manner of so-low and it's participants but I tell you ,I would repeat these remarks on any site they care to mention.

Ive been a fan since 1984 and these songs are the culmination of over 5 years of dross.

Nothing inspiring.

Amen. Well said. The crumbling of the once great Morrissey began with ROTT and devolved (if it's even possible) from there.

It doesn't help at all that the worst band member he's ever had is still hanging around. Yeah, you know exactly who I mean.

Amen. Well said. The crumbling of the once great Morrissey began with ROTT and devolved (if it's even possible) from there.

It doesn't help at all that the worst band member he's ever had is still hanging around. Yeah, you know exactly who I mean.

Don't be so mean about Boz. Who else would work for pies?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom