Close Lobsters

D

DAVIE

Any followers of Close Lobsters on here? I think they were best thing to come out of the C86 scene in my own opinion. Heard they reunited for a gig in 2012. Bloody shame...about time they did another couple of gigs around UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I'm a fan. C86 is my scene. Love all the bands and sound of that era. Most of the bands seem to be doing the nostalgia reunion and doing tours again. The Shop Assistants would be running a close first equal for the best C86 band.

The only site that I know of is Crashsite.org. A fan site devoted to The Primitives and the Darling Buds. The Primitives released a cover album last year. The album is of lesser known 1960's songs. It is a very good album. The Primitives are doing a special gig in London in a couple of months to celebrate the fact that it's 25 years since "Crash" was released. I do get a bit of info from Twitter feeds. Not all bands have them but the bands back in business do. Although not strictly C86 both the BMX Bandits and The Pastels have new albums coming out this year. Not all C86 bands are back together and playing live. Nothing from McCarthy nor the Shop Assistants. I also think there might be some more Sarah re-release compilations coming out later this year. I'll post what news I hear, get.

Back
Top Bottom