Cliff Richard to play free New York show to make up for Morrissey cancellation (June 21, 2014)

An anonymous person writes:

'Disappointed' Cliff offers free show in New York to make up for the cancelled Morrissey show, mentioning fans who have already booked non-refundable hotels and travel.
Personally, I can't stand the guy musically - but this is a pretty classy move that a certain someone could learn from:

An evening with Sir Cliff Richard in New York - Saturday, June 21 - Cliff Richard's Facebook page

An evening with Sir Cliff Richard in New York - Saturday, June 21, 2014
Update from yesterday’s post. Please follow any of these links for all information about this event.
https://www.facebook.com/events/247467412113920/
http://www.cliffrichard.org/news/index.cfm?page_id=16

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet Tony's on the phone right now trying to get Kristeen to be the support act.

KY as support would be pretty hilarious. :)

It would put the final nail in the coffin of being able to say Morrissey LOVES her in all her press. :D

Is it the Gramercy Park Hotel? So Cliff's response to the cancellation was to say to his agent: "Ring round and find me a room for hire in New York that's available on the same evening". And so, a presumably small cluster of his most ardent fans will get a relaxed intimate gig in a hotel bar to wipe away their disappointment, maybe in the company of a few curious New Yorkers who can't say no to free tickets.

When I woke up this morning, I never expected to be envious of Cliff Richard fans.

A very classy move--definitely something Morrissey could learn from, and I really think it would be cool if KY joined in for the set as opening act.

There is no way Morrissey would ever make good on the disappointment and lost money that he has caused so many of us to face because of his callous attitude toward all--except animals.

Morrissey and Mr. Tobias--hope you are reading this.

A very classy move--definitely something Morrissey could learn from, and I really think it would be cool if KY joined in for the set as opening act.

I'm sure you would. Lol.

There is no way Morrissey would ever make good on the disappointment and lost money that he has caused so many of us to face because of his callous attitude toward all--except animals.

Morrissey and Mr. Tobias--hope you are reading this.

It is painfully obvious that Moz is not interested in his fans. No make up shows, many times, in cities where he has canceled. Just lame excuses...:angry:

Well done Cliff you've just won a new audience get the C R O to learn some Smiths and Morrissey songs and you've cracked it, hey give Johnny a call to do a guest slot.
Sounds like a great gig what a top bloke ( and you can have that chicken curry now cause Nancy-Boy will be in bed comfort eating on chips and pizza)

Benny

It is painfully obvious that Moz iis no not interested in his fans. No make up shows, many times, in cities where he has canceled. Just lame excuses...:angry:

Look, he has to get himself better first and thats not going to happen overnight. Of course, getting
yourself better could mean going out of the house - that was a dig as obviously he should get out !

Morrissey thinks a lot about his fans. What a joke post. There is no point arranging
shows when you are not very well, surely !

That is so sweet! Seems he really really was looking forward to it!

Knowing how Morrissey likes to go to gigs while ill or recovering, I wonder if he'd consider going to that one.

I wonder if Cliffs playing this because he stands to lose money from the cancellation and can at least break even if he plays ?

Last edited:
Look, he has to get himself better first and thats not going to happen overnight. Of course, getting
yourself better could mean going out of the house - that was a dig as obviously he should get out !

Morrissey thinks a lot about his fans. What a joke post. There is no point arranging
shows when you are not very well, surely !

Ok then can you provide me with some proof to back up your claim that Tosserrey thinks a lot about his fans ?
Is he going to take a leaf out of Cliffs book and perform free gigs ?
That's a fookin lot of freebies given Tosserrey's previous treatment of his fan base isn't it ?

He is finished now full stop !

There was a light but he pissed all over it with his own humasexual-pena-vagina wee wee didn't he/she ?

R I P Morrissey the world is blessed that you and Tina never spawned a monster.

Cliff has hired the theater and it is free to all, with priority given to fans that had tickets for the cancelled gig. He's doing it because he's just a nice guy who actually cares about his fans, no other motive.

Is it the Gramercy Park Hotel? So Cliff's response to the cancellation was to say to his agent: "Ring round and find me a room for hire in New York that's available on the same evening". And so, a presumably small cluster of his most ardent fans will get a relaxed intimate gig in a hotel bar to wipe away their disappointment, maybe in the company of a few curious New Yorkers who can't say no to free tickets.

When I woke up this morning, I never expected to be envious of Cliff Richard fans.

It's a really nice venue. Small stage with an open floor and seats in back:

http://venue.thegramercytheatre.com/

Les_Claypool_Gramercy.jpg

gramercy.venueimage4.jpg

Attachments

• Les_Claypool_Gramercy.jpg
    Les_Claypool_Gramercy.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 3
Classy move! Way to show respect to your fans who spend hard-earned money to watch live performances. Somebody could learn a lesson from this...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom