"Classically Smiths" shows no longer going forward - Mike Joyce, Craig Gannon statements on FB

UPDATE 11:05 AM PT:

Classically Smiths gigs cancelled as Mike Joyce pulls out hours after Andy Rourke denies involvement - Manchester Evening News
Just a day after the Classically Smiths concerts were confirmed, Andy Rourke claimed he was never involved and now drummer Mike Joyce has pulled out

DC8D7C7F-4A54-4002-AF4C-E040AAC6DF3F.jpeg

Indeed the plot thickens

Posted by mcrickson shortly after:

Gannon's out, too. Blames Andy.

Statement regarding 'Classically Smiths'.

It's with regret that the Classically Smiths shows will no longer be going ahead.

Five months ago myself, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke all agreed to be a part of this project as the core three which was why it all went ahead. Unfortunately Andy pulled out at the very last minute. This meant that all the press releases, branding and marketing etc. had already gone out so it was too late to change anything. It also meant that we were under obligation yesterday to go ahead with the press launch which Mike and myself did but were told we couldn't mention anything about the situation with Andy. That's unfortunate as the last thing we wanted was to mislead anyone.

This is disappointing as we were all really excited about putting on these shows. I for one have been working solidly on this project for the last five months and it's a shame that it's fallen apart in this way.

Many thanks.

Craig

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
doh:

These guys need to get it together! They need a proper manager, maybe they could get Marr to do it?

:lbf:

;)

:cool:

It was a ridiculous premise anyway. The smiths is dead.

Damn right - that's why Morrissey never plays Smiths covers at his solo gigs. At least he's moved on, and doesn't tarnish the memory of his old band by redoing those old songs. :thumb:

True, and Morrissey has a forward-moving career. ANY rekindled association with Marr would set him back decades. Sure, the payout would be a one-time bonanza. ...but he doesn’t strike me as someone who’s overly concerned with a pension to-up, at this stage of the game.

:thumb:

Every time you pop out of Steve’s asshole, you gurgle and spit something ridiculous. For the love of cognitively sound folk everywhere, please save the yap for breath. You can’t possibly have the energy to post this nonsense between laps and tickles of his balls and anus.

...what, with that mouthful of jizz and all.

Back up your hole!

Not so much the lack of shows, just the whole situation.

Love, peace and harmony. Very nice, very nice, very nice, but maybe in the next world.

Any chance of a Housemartins reunion instead?

Every time you pop out of Steve’s asshole, you gurgle and spit something ridiculous. For the love of cognitively sound folk everywhere, please save the yap for breath. You can’t possibly have the energy to post this nonsense between laps and tickles of his balls and anus.

...what, with that mouthful of jizz and all.

Back up your hole!

POTTY MOUTH !!

Any chance of a Housemartins reunion instead?

Possibly the single WORST idea ever. ...even beyond that of a Smiths reunion.

Aside from the obvious, half-deaf, brainless twats that live in the bubble that is Morrissey’s asshole - did everyone on this site stop listening to music in 1986?

Some of us still have skin in the game. ...and it’s sheep we’re up against.

True, and Morrissey has a forward-moving career. ANY rekindled association with Marr would set him back decades. Sure, the payout would be a one-time bonanza. ...but he doesn’t strike me as someone who’s overly concerned with a pension to-up, at this stage of the game.

:thumb:

Except he is pretty much a lounge act who can't sell records at this point, and the only reason he bothers is because living in L.A is expensive. Sad but true. Still a fan though, but also a realist.

Except he is pretty much a lounge act who can't sell records at this point, and the only reason he bothers is because living in L.A is expensive. Sad but true. Still a fan though, but also a realist.

He can't sell records but he does it anyway because of the amount of money he makes off selling records?

In what possible sense is he a lounge act?

Singing new songs at the Hollywood Bowl does not a lounge act make...

What A Crazy Coupla Pop Daze o_O

Two thoughts before heading up that wooden hill to bed-fordshire:

silver lining? ~ by comparison, the last 48 hours make Morrissey's mgmt skills look positively Taylor Swiftian.

í cannot help but feel that Drummer, The, has a nailed on compensation case against these Bad boys.
Wonder if he knows any good lawyers...

So what next? Classically "Bummed" :squiffy:

Sure is funny how spent the day, and Jacky singles can't be bought bc of selling out. And try to get a ticket for europe leg coming soon.....WAKE THE F... UP

His fanbase hasn't grown. It's the same group of the 40,000 left who still buy his records. Would he sell out a venue of that capacity, in say.. Omaha? No.

Ah, so because he won't play a stadium in Omaha that makes him a lounge act. Yeah, that makes sense.

As for Morrissey's fan base not having grown, the number of countries that he has played over the last few years tells a different story. It is pretty amazing to me when I think back to what shape his career was in between 1997-2003.

My mistake. Sorry. He still sells hundreds of thousands of records and packs stadium tours like new bands like say, Depeche Mode. I am delusional, you are the sane one.

Ah, so you define anybody who doesn't play an arena tour as a lounge act?

Yeah, that makes sense as well.

Damn right - that's why Morrissey never plays Smiths covers at his solo gigs. At least he's moved on, and doesn't tarnish the memory of his old band by redoing those old songs. :thumb:
Oh I see what you're doing. You're being facetious. The Smiths is dead. That in no way means their music is.

Tags
classically smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom