Clapham common on c4

Jane Birkin

Did anyone watch this one off drama tonight?
it was part of c4 gay season which celebrates 40 years of the legalization of homosexuality in the uk.
It was very well written and acted but at the same time rather depressing,
Has anything really changed in the last 40 years or are people still just as narrow minded but tend to hide it well?
if you haven't seen it , i urge you to watch it on 4od.

In Iran, they are very progressive on these issues

gay_hanging_iran.jpg

IranHangingProtest-2%20(WinCE).jpg

I saw some of it, it showed mens willies *giggle*.

I "think" life is easier for Gays now, then it was 40 odd years ago in the UK. At least now they aren't sent to prison for being homosexual.

In the US the pentagon still considers it a mental disorder. Its a shame, because gay rights here are growing in acceptance faster than any other group's rights in the history of the country.

Unlike the poor people of Iran, Here in the U.S. we are doing pretty good..... I'm not going to complian like many Liberal Activists who whine all the time..... In my entire life, I've never been discriminated against for being gay, so I'm ok with our country.... we have it far better than many, unfortunetly for them

l_0a894c5789bba9b46151f30a5e662ad1.jpg

Cheers
-D

Unlike the poor people of Iran, Here in the U.S. we are doing pretty good..... I'm not going to complian like many Liberal Activists who whine all the time..... In my entire life, I've never been discriminated against for being gay, so I'm ok with our country.... we have it far better than many, unfortunetly for them

l_0a894c5789bba9b46151f30a5e662ad1.jpg

Cheers
-D

Did you watch the show? my guess is no , seeing as you are not in the uk.
try watching it then come back and give your opinion on the subject matter.ie gay bashing.
you may not have been discriminared against because you live in a big city where people are usually more open minded but i'd like to ask Mathew Sheppard the same question if he wasn't dead.

Last edited:
I watched it and was suprised (hey, not shocked though;)) at how graphic it was!
Thought it was good, but bits like the man trying to seduce the waiter at his wedding was a bit naff - can just imagine the critics jumping on that one saying 'that's how much gays value a civil partnership' etc etc.
The public toliet scene was like nothing I'd seen on British TV before! I'm sure the complaints from 'Outraged of Tunbridge Wells' will be pouring in about that!:D
And the young lad shagging the bloke too.
It would be nice to see a drama that wasnt all about cottaging, Hampstead Heath and under age boys, but this is one of a series of programmes so there is hope.

Jukebox Jury

you may not have been discriminared against because you live in a big city where people are usually more open minded but i'd like to ask Mathew Sheppard the same question if he wasn't dead.

Actually, I went to High School in a very close minded town of about 40,000 people, I wrote a big thing about it a while back...... it wasn't as nice as you might expect.... it was quite the opposite but I made the best of it.
You say things as if I was a gay basher of something, I know about Mathew Shepard, Brandon Teena, and all the others.... I'm not the insensity bitch like you think.

Stop being so pissed off. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom