Cincinnati, OH - Aronoff Center for the Arts (June 30, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Ganglord / Staircase At The University / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / The Bullfighter Dies / Now My Heart Is Full / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // What She Said

setlist provided by ThievesLikeUs

Last edited:
This concert was an "enough is enough" situation. The cop brutality videos were completely tasteless in light of the city's recent fallen cop. I guess Moz didn't have footage of that particular event. I go to these concerts expecting that Moz is an eccentric, dramatic person....however this just crossed the line. And did nobody else notice how the entire mood of the place DIED after that? I don't pay to see a show that makes me feel like a pile of sh-t but the end. We get it....cops are the latest fad/witch hunt. But seriously? Is there nothing else for you to preach about? It's so cliche, over, and a topic beaten to death by the media. To be honest, I'm surprised there wasn't some homage to Caitlyn Jenner thrown in there. Nothing annoys me more than fad causes and shallow attempts to appeal to a posing, "open minded" crowd. I honestly felt BAD for attending this show. And not because the standard Moz procedure of showing 3rd world videos during MEAT IS MURDER... no, because I felt like the cow in the video and like I was just following a herd to drink from the kool-aid bin. This show was the final straw for me and my concert relationship with Moz. And I'm sure this will spur some haters saying, "good...see ya!" So good for you. But sitting there having videos thrown in my face that have nothing to do with me, someone that generously gives to a lot of these causes, is a mockery. "That's my excuse."

That's quite interesting since, he didn't tour in 1994?? Anyways, I assume you are talking about 1997, and he didn't "walk off" at that show; he played an encore which was Shoplifters. he also played a 15 song set, just over an hour, which was standard for him on that entire tour. Maybe you should get your facts right before whining, especial if you claim to have been there. And then you have to go ahead and mention U2, which just made me stop reading the rest of your post anyways, ZzzzzzZZZzz.

Yeah, that original post has some serious problems. Applause did not drop after Ganglord. In fact, the show continued to pick up steam. The shirt never came off during this show. As for being disrespectful of Officer Kim or anything else, I think it takes a tremendous leap of lacked logic to arrive at the conclusion that the Ganglord video was in any way rubbing salt in an open wound. Art, music, literature, it all has a long tradition of provoking dialogue and thought. Ganglord does precisely that. You know what I didn't hear? I didn't hear Morrissey stand up there and say he was glad that Officer Kim was killed. I didn't hear him urge people to go kill more police officers. What I did see and hear was a song and video that challenges people to consider whether the police are entitled to the presumption that they are always right.

Last night's show and its set list was great.

Disgraceful! Last time he came to town in 1994 he walked off after 27 minutes at the Taft theatre and left everyone angry. I wish it was sooner this time. In case you didn't notice the flags at half staff when you strolled into town Morrissey the video in Ganglords of Police Brutality was utterly inappropriate. Less than a week ago the entire city lined the streets to pay homage to a fallen police officer Sonny Kim who slaughtered as a Suicide by cop incident. The complete opposite of what you were showing. Instead of spending months digging up clips of police brutality of them beating up people in wheel chairs how about spending 1 weeks scouring the internet of them getting shot up by your "Innocent" citizens. You went to way to far and I am no longer going to another show and retiring my concerts shirts. No one was happy in the section I was standing in and the show never recovered. Little applause after that. Most of the people I was around and including myself just returned from U2 in Chicago where they talk about helping the world and ending sickness and hunger that makes you feel good and you preach hatred for the world? By the way you have figured out you are too old to take your shirt off anymore and get a new program. Meat is Murder with the video you did last tour and are still running it. Saw it Columbus. Red lights,gong etc. Got it! Move on. Changing the video to a 3rd world countries slaughterhouse manners is not my problem and won't change me. "Thats my excuse." Funny my human verification for spam on this website was FISH TACOS? So long, its been fun as a fan until now. GoodNight and Thank You.

At least U2 will keep their activism harmless and vanilla for you. It is a sad thing that one of your police officers was killed, but look at the larger picture.
How many citizens have been slaughtered needlessly by the "protectors" at this point? It is out of hand, and needs to be addressed.

"The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of millions is a statistic."

Disgraceful! Last time he came to town in 1994 he walked off after 27 minutes at the Taft theatre and left everyone angry. I wish it was sooner this time. In case you didn't notice the flags at half staff when you strolled into town Morrissey the video in Ganglords of Police Brutality was utterly inappropriate. Less than a week ago the entire city lined the streets to pay homage to a fallen police officer Sonny Kim who slaughtered as a Suicide by cop incident. The complete opposite of what you were showing. Instead of spending months digging up clips of police brutality of them beating up people in wheel chairs how about spending 1 weeks scouring the internet of them getting shot up by your "Innocent" citizens. You went to way to far and I am no longer going to another show and retiring my concerts shirts. No one was happy in the section I was standing in and the show never recovered. Little applause after that. Most of the people I was around and including myself just returned from U2 in Chicago where they talk about helping the world and ending sickness and hunger that makes you feel good and you preach hatred for the world? By the way you have figured out you are too old to take your shirt off anymore and get a new program. Meat is Murder with the video you did last tour and are still running it. Saw it Columbus. Red lights,gong etc. Got it! Move on. Changing the video to a 3rd world countries slaughterhouse manners is not my problem and won't change me. "Thats my excuse." Funny my human verification for spam on this website was FISH TACOS? So long, its been fun as a fan until now. GoodNight and Thank You.

LOLz. So many Americans "wasting" their funds, hours and energies on Morrissey these days. I think that's the only shocking thing I've seen about this tour this time around.

I understand. There is such a constant "overtheming" now a days from all music...it is as if there is no middle of the road...you either have the pop hits that say nothing or those whose views you either fall in line with or you don't...and obviously we choose the latter and try to dispose of those other traits that are deeply rooted in those artists. One this I can say for Moz is you know what you are getting. I mean he isn't really hiding his beliefs...granted, I don't agree with about 78% (arbitrary, btw :) I was hoping this time around after I heard the Spanish ending to Speedway...which is the most powerful lines in the whole damn song...that MIM would be in Spanish too so I wouldn't have to sit through it...oh well, it wasn't. So, I sat down. Even in Ganglord the addition of color to the lyrics? Come on...I understand the social commentary....but that's not what I am looking for....sorry. I understand the world I am living in...it is never one sided.

You know, I said to the person I was with, "he could just go up there and play 20 old Smith's songs...and people would go ape shit". I despise the new CD....really? World Peace, Istanbul, Scandinavia...can we please stop with all the location songs?? I long for the days of Tony the Pony, Disappointed, and the sly irony of Girlfriend in a Coma and the subtleness of Break up the Family. Yet, those days are behind him...as we all get older (he is in his mid 50's) we think of our legacy...as in "what do we really want people to know or remember me by". This is it. I realize I will NEVER get to hear "Disappointed" or "The Harsh Truth of the Camera Eye"...but that's ok. Yet...this time I got to hear "I am Blind"...just a jewel. Of course, someone yelling out "Freebird" at the beginning of the piano entry kinda broke the mood.

So...take it as it is...You will never get back those days. Socially you are different then Morrissey....it's "ok". You can still enjoy the music at it's face value and it will still bring about those feelings. I understand the social aspect of his beliefs...and trust me...Morrissey and I are probably pretty opposite...but don't let that ruin what his music means to you. I mean honestly, if you can't listen to "Life is a Pigsty" and feel that tormentation of life, pain and love or feel the joy of "I'm alright by myself"...then what fun is it?

Remember..."I don't mind if you forget me"?...I don't think that is where he is at in his life right now.

The "1994" [sic] setlist:

Do Your Best And Don't Worry
London
Billy Budd
Spring-Heeled Jim
Paint A Vulgar Picture
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
Roy's Keen
Reader Meet Author
Sunny
Alma Matters
Hold On To Your Friends
The Boy Racer
Satan Rejected My Soul
/Shoplifters Of The World Unite

A '27 minutes' concert?

The death of one police officer, however sad, does not absolve the thousands of cases of police brutality, racism, and corruption. There can of course be nice individuals who are police offices. But this is totally irrelevant. These same people will break a strike, harass peaceful protesters, and arrest a starving individual for stealing a loaf of bread, for that is their function. Morrissey should be applauded for highlighting this - the media won't.

As for U2, you could not be more wrong, they epitomise the hypocrisy of the filthy rich. Within Ireland 600,000 people are living in 'food poverty'; 28 percent of the population struggle to provide themselves with heat, shelter, food and bills; and since the 2008 crash the proportion of people in consistent poverty has soared by 100 percent. Whereas a "new poor" emerges in Ireland, Bono and "The Edge" have moved part of their tax liability from Ireland to the Netherlands, thus successfully avoiding paying for changes in the tax code. The 99% are suffering under crippling austerity measures, and U2 have exacerbated "sickness and hunger", not helped to end it.

I suspect Morrissey won't be missing your 'fanship'.

Last edited:

It was a great show and Morrissey lost no one during or after Ganglords of Police Brutality. Whatever happened to Officer Kim has no bearing on the fact that we live in a country that suffers under police brutality. I hope your nasty comment is removed.

Let these Midwestern/Southern hick people have their say, just like places in Denmark, Croatia, and Australia who haven't seen Morrissey in 15 years, because he always cancels or just skips their cities , but NOW Morrissey really needs the money, so he is hitting up all these places now. They haven't been able to have Morrissey drama in so long, they need to let it out.

Do you really think he likes playing on Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, and Illinois? Anonymous-

Last edited:
That setlist is from the '97 Taft Theatre show. Great show, my 2nd.

I honestly do think he LOVES playing in the midwest, especially Ohio. His last 2 shows here were phenomenal.

i guess there's a reason moz hasn't been thru this town since 97, some of you people are awful and complain about the stupidest shit! The videos are meant to be conflicting at times and my even be disturbing but your at a Morrissey concert after all. Have fun waiting another 18 years till he comes back I guess in the meantime you still have U2

I mean this in the nicest way -- you're stupid.

Let these Midwestern/Southern hick people have their say, just like places in Denmark, Croatia, and Australia who haven't seen Morrissey in 15 years, because he always cancels or just skips their cities , but NOW Morrissey really needs the money, so he is hitting up all these places now. They haven't been able to have Morrissey drama in so long, they need to let it out.

Do you really think he likes playing on Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, and Illinois? Anonymous-

It was too loud, too intense. Or I am too old.

I was hoping for something more intimate and less angry.

I have mellowed with age. I guess he has not.

I love the video's. They stir the senses and make you think. Most bands like U2 placate any and all fans just to sell out stadiums.

Moz is doing his own thing and he doesn't care if he sells out a 2500 seat venue or half fills a 500 seat.

The man isn't afraid to sway from the mainstream, and has made it his charm for 33 years.

No worries about sporadically playing here, he's always within a short drive every tour :)

Let's get this out of the way....U2 sucks ass and are irrelevant in any and all conversations. Secondly, why is Moz under any obligation to shift a timeline because some cop got killed in the shithole that is Cincinnati? Finally, I would heavily recommend Vagisil, it works wonders with chafing and the burning itch you seem to be experiencing.

u2 plays to sold out stadiums. moz cant sell out tiny venues in 'akron' and 'cincinnati'.

Just a pic of the shirt I bought last night, great image of '91 Moz. Wore my Kill uncle shirt to the show, bought here at riverbend Amptheatre on that tour :)

Also a couple shots of the Pick I got.

Just a really great time. Went with my older sis. It was her "borrowed" cassette of Kill Uncle(my fav album next to vauhall&I) that got me into the Smiths/Moz.
We never miss a chance to see a show together:)

Last edited:
I thought it was a great show last night! I loved the fact that he brought attention to some of the police brutality that is going on today in this country. I was very happy that he showed video of the cops shooting the dogs. It is hard to watch as an animal lover but I think it is so important to bring these issues to light. This is happening so much today! Google it - you would be surprised to learn that incidents like this are happening almost daily! It was not the first time seeing some of the clips but I thought it was great for him to get this out to a broader audience. We need to stop sticking our heads in the sand and be aware of what's happening. I give kudos to Moz for bringing light to these subjects! There are so few entertainers that have any sort of a message in their music today. I think it's great he is using his fame to help those without a voice.

For those of you who were shocked by this just an FYI there is this thing called the internet and it's kind of like having an encyclopedia at your fingertips. Try doing some research first so you will know what you are getting yourself into. I give him huge props for going out and doing what he wants to do! I was not very well versed on the new album but really enjoyed hearing the new songs live. I also thought the energy of the crowd was very high throughout the whole show. So glad I went! Great to see such an icon!

Did anyone happen to get video of What She Said and the invaders? Looking for video confirmation. Thanks in advance.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom