Christy Moore covering 'America Is Not The World'

Fulham Road Lights

Ill-adjusted
A cover version that I don't recall ever seeing mentioned on here, by the Irish folk singer Christy Moore. I wonder what other Morrissey songs would sound like if played in this acoustic style. A brilliant interpretation anyway IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is awesome. totally going to look into other stuff from him based on this.
thanks!

Dig it!:thumb:

I enjoyed this. Can't help but hear Morrissey's version fresh, after that. It's really nice to see that song, so maligned, yet actually so great and uniquely Morrissey, given a new life.

Fantastic!!
I'm a big Christy Moore fan and have seen him live many times.
I had no idea he'd covered this song, what a treat!
Thanks for posting.

Fab!
thanks for posting. :)

Leave it to Morrissey,I thought that was absolutely sheeiite.

It reminds me of when my dad used to come home fresh and get his Foster and Allen tapes out.

"No, dad! Please!"

Last edited:
I enjoyed this. Can't help but hear Morrissey's version fresh, after that. It's really nice to see that song, so maligned, yet actually so great and uniquely Morrissey, given a new life.

Still prefer Morrissey's version of course... but this was a really nice cover. The lyrics really stand out. I've always thought it is a sign of a good song when someone from another genre can cover it and it stands up...

~Elizabeth

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlA8KTvPq04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlA8KTvPq04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

At the 4:30-5:30 point of this video, we here him tell how he explained to his child what it was like under the Communists, and how stupid it was. How they could not even get bananas to eat. Morrissey tells us in his silly song that in Estonia they are upset because they have the choice to eat a hamburger if they so choose. Morrissey is a dunce. Under the commies they could not even get a bunch of bananas. If people are eating hamburgers in Estonia today, it is called FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Something they did not used to have. MORON!

Last edited:
Next we should hear a cover of Morrissey's "Mexico". You know that song where Morrissey "senses the hate of the Lone Star state", I guess because a lot of Texans think there are too many ILLEGAL aliens pouring freely across the open border. Yet Morrissey then turns around and runs through he British music press attacking the LEGAL IMMIGRANTS of England. These pop singers can boggle the mind. :crazy:

Weird, he doesn't call America a big fat pig even once:

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlA8KTvPq04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlA8KTvPq04&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

He says a lot in that clip though.

At the 4:30-5:30 point of this video, we here him tell how he explained to his child what it was like under the Communists, and how stupid it was. How they could not even get bananas to eat. Morrissey tells us in his silly song that in Estonia they are upset because they have the choice to eat a hamburger if they so choose. Morrissey is a dunce. Under the commies they could not even get a bunch of bananas. If people are eating hamburgers in Estonia today, it is called FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Something they did not used to have. MORON!

Yes, Morrissey was pretty stupid. I think he just thought it sounded fun to throw Estonia into the song. Estonia, of course, was liberated from the USSR evil empire thanks to America, especially Ronald Reagan. If it had be left to people like Morrissey and the fashionable leftists he was taking his cues from, Estonia never would have been liberated at all.

This character, Christy Moore, is probably into this song because he is into Palestinian terrorists, and he supported an anti-Semitic campaign to boycott goods from Israel. Saddam Hussein, of course, funded Palestnian terrorists who blew up civilian Jews in Israel. You won't hear Christy Moore singng a song about the cause of the Kurdish people of Iraq because Christy Moore is more interested in terrorists.

Last edited:

You wonder why people like that song so much? Because we are sick to death of brainwashed twats like you harping on about how great you are.

Morrissey tells us in his silly song that in Estonia they are upset because they have the choice to eat a hamburger if they so choose. Morrissey is a dunce. Under the commies they could not even get a bunch of bananas. If people are eating hamburgers in Estonia today, it is called FREEDOM OF CHOICE. Something they did not used to have. MORON!

Christ, Theo, credit us with some intelligence for f***’s sake.

We’re all very aware that Morrissey’s ‘political’ songs are filtered through his strange, skewed and distracted perceptions. That’s what makes them interesting and, in the case of ‘America is Not the World’ quite beautiful.

We don’t treat them as some kind of manifesto or call to action. I’m almost entirely certain that Morrissey doesn’t intend for them to be taken as such. Morrissey’s songs offer insights into Morrissey. When I want insights into the tragic plight of the Palestinians (for example), I tend to read books on the subject.

You really need to get down off your ludicrous high horse. Saddle sores and vertigo could prove to be an intolerable combination.

This character, Christy Moore, is probably into this song because he is into Palestinian terrorists, and he supported an anti-Semitic campaign to boycott goods from Israel. You won't hear Christy Moore singng a song about the cause of the Kurdish people of Iraq because Christy Moore is more interested in terrorists.

What a load of old bollocks!

This character, Christy Moore, is probably into this song because he is into Palestinian terrorists, and he supported an anti-Semitic campaign to boycott goods from Israel. Saddam Hussein, of course, funded Palestnian terrorists who blew up civilian Jews in Israel. You won't hear Christy Moore singng a song about the cause of the Kurdish people of Iraq because Christy Moore is more interested in terrorists.

What the f*** are you on about? Are you deliberately being inflammatory in order to get a response? You got it. You haven't got the first clue about Christy Moore, have you?

In your fetid world, everything you don't agree with is the fault of the LEFTISTS! The bastards!

P.

**EDIT** - I've enjoyed your posts for their, ahem, different viewpoint for a long time, but come on mate, you've really gone off on one here. Either you're getting crazier by the minute, or you have to admit you've really gone nuts on a subject you know nothing about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom