christmoz logic puzzle

• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25370

merry christmas.
here is an amazing christmoz logic puzzle which i worked out this morning over a cup of tea as i had nothing better to do. enjoy, if thats at all possible...
works best when printed out. i request your understanding for any grammar, spelling or vocabulary mistakes. maybe you will have to research chinese names
any technical problems? ask me (not)

Christmoz logic puzzle no. 1 - Kopie.png

Last edited by a moderator:
merry christmas.
here is an amazing christmoz logic puzzle which i worked out this morning over a cup of tea as i had nothing better to do. enjoy, if thats at all possible...
works best when printed out. i request your understanding for any grammar, spelling or vocabulary mistakes. maybe you will have to research chinese names
any technical problems? ask me (not)

View attachment 43403
oh geez, lanterns this is hard! did you make it yourself?

ill take a stab at it..

A. Elise. Israel.
B. Anton. STDIB.
C. Jenny. SYSD.
D. Luis. TOL.
E. Chi. Alma Matters.

is luis Gonzales the one who is killed? :D

ill take a stab at it..

A. Elise. Israel.
B. Anton. STDIB.
C. Jenny. SYSD.
D. Luis. TOL.
E. Chi. Alma Matters.

hi rif, yes, i made it up myself, and i agree that it is indeed a tough one, created for the real pros among us, not the mollycoddles.
you are close with your answers but not quite there.
let me give you a clue:
after reading hint 1, write down the names of the five people in the given order clockwise in a circle on an extra piece of paper. this really helps. then you can see immediately that either luis or jenny are the ones left to sing tol or sysd. neither chi (a male name in china), nor elsie, nor anton sing tol and sysd.

more later.

ill take a stab at it..

A. Elise. Israel.
B. Anton. STDIB.
C. Jenny. SYSD.
D. Luis. TOL.
E. Chi. Alma Matters.

oh, wait, i can see that you have already made it that far. okay, in hint 3 it says that israel isnt sung on stone a, which means that elsie neither is sitting on a nor b. thus she can only sit on c, d or e. write these letters next to her name on your circular notes. what does this mean for chi and anton, stonewise?

oh, wait, i can see that you have already made it that far. okay, in hint 3 it says that israel isnt sung on stone a, which means that elsie neither is sitting on a nor b. thus she can only sit on c, d or e. write these letters next to her name on your circular notes. what does this mean for chi and anton, stonewise?
oh! haha see I didn't understand that part when you said the devotee on stone a isn't humming Israel. I didn't take that to mean that someone else was, I took that to mean that the devotee on stone a still liked Israel but just didn't happen to be humming it, but was maybe singing it in their head instead, ahaha... dear me.. :lbf:

okay, so let's try this again

A. Jenny. TOL.
B. Chi. STDIB.
C. Elsie. Israel.
D. Anton. Alma Matters.
E. Luis. SYSD.

did i get it right, yet?:oops:
oh lanterns, you are so clever to have thought of this! as always I am in awe.

oh! haha see I didn't understand that part when you said the devotee on stone a isn't humming Israel. I didn't take that to mean that someone else was, I took that to mean that the devotee on stone a still liked Israel but just didn't happen to be humming it, but was maybe singing it in their head instead, ahaha... dear me.. :lbf:

okay, so let's try this again

A. Jenny. TOL.
B. Chi. STDIB.
C. Elsie. Israel.
D. Anton. Alma Matters.
E. Luis. SYSD.

did i get it right, yet?:oops:
oh lanterns, you are so clever to have thought of this! as always I am in awe.
:trumpet::trumpet::trumpet:ta ta, yup, that's it! congrats, you're a genius. and so very fast. amazing. :trophy:

thanks for mentioning the problems with hint 3. i might change it into "the devotee on stone a isn't singing israel." does this sound more unambiguous? these things have to be crystal clear or else the whole puzzle ends up being one big red herring leading nowhere which is not the intention, of course, unless you want to make up a postmodern logic puzzle that is trying to illustrate life's meaninglessness and consequently driving the puzzle solvers crazy.

easier? what do you mean?! this one is so hard.
okay, so wait... did I invade the stage during jack the ripper then or during a different song? oh moz, what a tease he is! <3
the one before jack the ripper.
should it read "immediately before the band..."?

the one before jack the ripper.
should it read "immediately before the band..."?
no, I just wasn't clear if I had invaded when there was another song playing or during the silence between songs and then had reached the stage when jack the ripper started playing (but why would I invade the stage between songs??)
oh well, you cant blame me for being confused. I'm still all aflutter from moz saying I'm his heart. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:love:

:trumpet::trumpet::trumpet:ta ta, yup, that's it! congrats, you're a genius. and so very fast. amazing. :trophy:
yay! trumpets and everything! I guess I'm not so dumb!:cool:

thanks for mentioning the problems with hint 3. i might change it into "the devotee on stone a isn't singing israel." does this sound more unambiguous?
i dont know... then I might think they're humming it :D because to me, not singing it or not humming it doesnt mean that it's not their favourite. but i guess when you think about it more than I did the meaning of your clue becomes clear.
these things have to be crystal clear or else the whole puzzle ends up being one big red herring leading nowhere which is not the intention, of course, unless you want to make up a postmodern logic puzzle that is trying to illustrate life's meaninglessness and consequently driving the puzzle solvers crazy.
hahaha that could be fun too! :lbf:

okay, time to take a stab at this!

okay this is what I've got:
stage invasion 1 Wild Turkey. MLIDAFY. "fly me to the moon"
stage invasion 2 Rifke. Istanbul. "you're my heart" :o
stage invasion 3 Gordyboy. Jack the Ripper. "meet me at lake leman"
stage invasion 4 Ketamine Sun. Ganglord. "a trillion times"
stage invasion 5 Gerrit. HSIN. "I'm your victim"

:trophy::trophy::trophy:once again, rifke, you are the moztermind among the myriads of logic puzzle solvers here on this site. :trophy::trophy::trophy:
congratulations ! :bouquet::bouquet:

i am currently in the process of making one last final moz logic puzzle and then it's all goodbye to the few carefree days of relaxation and placidity. how about you? do you have a few days off too inbetween the holidays?

:trophy::trophy::trophy:once again, rifke, you are the moztermind among the myriads of logic puzzle solvers here on this site. :trophy::trophy::trophy:

i am currently in the process of making one last final moz logic puzzle and then it's all goodbye to the few carefree days of relaxation and placidity. how about you? do you have a few days off too inbetween the holidays?
yay, trophies and flowers galore! oh lanterns you make me feel so proud. :o gee, you're really good at puzzle making. do you do this for a living? c'mon everybody, you should try lanterns puzzles! they're really fun!

oh I've already had my days off. frankly, ill be glad when the festivities are over. did you have a good Christmas?

yay, trophies and flowers galore! oh lanterns you make me feel so proud. :o gee, you're really good at puzzle making. do you do this for a living? c'mon everybody, you should try lanterns puzzles! they're really fun!

oh I've already had my days off. frankly, ill be glad when the festivities are over. did you have a good Christmas?

Well done Rifke, and well done Lanterns for doing this. I looked at these but frankly they made my head spin. Will this last one be suitable for us puzzle duffers? Oh, but please do keep the killing part in, I do so love a good murder to spice things up :)

:D good idea, rifke, i probably should do this for a living. it's really satisfying printing out a homemade puzzle, finished from beginning to end, and polished up, and then make good use of it. it's a real skilled handicraft, like shoemaking or being a clocksmith. i was also thinking that it is a great way of plotting a story or novel before one starts writing it. we talked about this once, and how difficult it is to begin, to maintain an interest, and even more so to bring the story to an end.

christmas was fine this year. family visits proved tension- and mostly guilt-free and nobody tried to convince me that i should eat the christmas roast, which had led to some explosive irritations the years before among other things. so, yeah, it was peaceful. i hope yours was too.

i've almost finished the final moz logic puzzle. i fear it turned out a bit too crazy this time. but we'll see.

Well done Rifke, and well done Lanterns for doing this. I looked at these but frankly they made my head spin. Will this last one be suitable for us puzzle duffers? Oh, but please do keep the killing part in, I do so love a good murder to spice things up :)
hi peppermint, i think the last one is also manageable for the duffers as it is a small-steps one with lots to cross out and more clues. there is no murder in it yet, but how about some sexual innunedo to spice it up?

hi peppermint, i think the last one is also manageable for the duffers as it is a small-steps one with lots to cross out and more clues. there is no murder in it yet, but how about some sexual innunedo to spice it up?
Ah yes, if there's no murder, sex is always a reasonable substitute :)

:D good idea, rifke, i probably should do this for a living. it's really satisfying printing out a homemade puzzle, finished from beginning to end, and polished up, and then make good use of it. it's a real skilled handicraft, like shoemaking or being a clocksmith. i was also thinking that it is a great way of plotting a story or novel before one starts writing it. we talked about this once, and how difficult it is to begin, to maintain an interest, and even more so to bring the story to an end.

christmas was fine this year. family visits proved tension- and mostly guilt-free and nobody tried to convince me that i should eat the christmas roast, which had led to some explosive irritations the years before among other things. so, yeah, it was peaceful. i hope yours was too.

i've almost finished the final moz logic puzzle. i fear it turned out a bit too crazy this time. but we'll see.
oh lanternnnsssss... I'm in the mood for some puzzle solving fun! got my thinking cap on, snacks at the ready.... now if only I had a puzzle! :(
ahem....

oh I do believe it must take skill. I like to solve them, but the idea of creating one would frankly overwhelm me. maybe you could make them for a newspaper or something? they're much more fun to do than those stupid cryptic crosswords.
oh! you know what?! I didn't figure out who got the longest hug and kiss? who was it and how are you supposed to figure it out? oh I do hope it was meeeeeeee!!

oh! you know what?! I didn't figure out who got the longest hug and kiss? who was it and how are you supposed to figure it out? oh I do hope it was meeeeeeee!!
well, i'm sorry, rifke, but this time you are wrong. the longest hug and kiss were given to the new assistant of triple h, just in order to say 'thank you', as it is the right and proper thing to do. i hope you are not disappointed now, but if you want to change the unbearable truth, you will have to compose your own alternative logic puzzle.

únfortunately there are no online logic puzzle generators available, but i found a simplistic crossword creator and twiddled around with it yesterday. the result is somewhat underwhelming, i think, it lacks complexity, but maybe there are better generators out there...

screenshot--2017-12-30-12-49-27-518.png

Last edited by a moderator:
well, i'm sorry, rifke, but this time you are wrong. the longest hug and kiss were given to the new assistant of triple h, just in order to say 'thank you', as it is the right and proper thing to do. i hope you are not disappointed now, but if you want to change the unbearable truth, you will have to compose your own alternative logic puzzle.
oh lanterns, you sly dog! :lbf: but wait, why do we call him triple h?

únfortunately there are no online logic puzzle generators available, but i found a simplistic crossword creator and twiddled around with it yesterday. the result is somewhat underwhelming, i think, it lacks complexity, but maybe there are better generators out there...

View attachment 43426
yay, a puzzle! we're in business! ill give this one a shot tomorrow. is it just a regular crossword with a Morrissey theme?

Back
Top Bottom