Chrissie Hynde Sings "Everyday Is Like Sunday" on the Chris Evans Show; photo at Salford Lads Club

On BBC Radio 2, 13th June 2014.

Listen from just after 2h 56m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04610jh

Also, retweeted by @Intl_Playboy / Twitter:

chrissie_hynde.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Chrissie Hynde Sings Everyday Is Like Sunday on the Chris Evans Show

Absolutely repulsed. Just f*** off you disgusting opportunistic clown. 13/06/14.

I've got a lot of time for Chrissie Hynde. Even when she's not quite at her best, she's brilliant. But this was dull and pointless.

I listened with both ears to bits of the album and it's nice, but it bears no connection to reality. Someone obviously didn't get the complete picture. ;)

If albums could get change moods, then yours would, probably. But IRL there's no such thing as a General Pattedon on a leash (Ha!). So let's not get too romantic for our own good here...Besides, everyone is busy arguing...Methinks you're getting a bit soft with age, Chrissie...
Still, thanks for your lovely voice.

PS: Are you finally going to launch that vegetarian fast-food chain or do I have to ask Cliff Richards AGAIN? :)

PS 2/ I'd rather think it's naively artistic rather than...calculating because that's my default mode, thinking peeps ain't bad. But...over the years you've had drinks with the corgi (remember: on the short side? kinda lively?), possibly met the cocker spaniel too (even-tempered?), maybe even the German sheperd (never said no to a Cornetto?), so you'll forgive people for finding this sudden "On with the Chow-Chow!" a bit odd...Yet you seem to have swallowed that whopper whole...Or you're good at Pretending...Mmm.
Ah well, noone can deny you've got a lovely voice. :)

-... A bit of variety wouldn't go amiss, animal-wise...How about...introducing...a toxic caterpillar? A hyena? A marabou? Yes? No? My curent fave being the Heterocephalus Glaber...although nothing can beat the Condylura Cristata. You see one, love at first short sight. And yet, curiously shunned by poets, songsters and graphic artists worldwide...As to why, complete mystery to me. And to choose what instead? A fatty not very independent chow-chow that looks like it's just had a heatstroke. VERY odd.
But who knows what folks like and what they will buy these days, eh.
Good luck!

Re: Article: Chrissie Hynde Sings "Everyday Is Like Sunday" on the Chris Evans Show; photo at Salfor

...mind you, if you look too weird, you usually end up dead...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mneDhOtVEQw

so it's probably best to stay on safe chow-chow side. No, ok, you're right, good thinking there. :)

there's something undeniably (slowly) moving about the sea pig...no, wait, look at this little guy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-H1J7ukGsU
I can see him in a Chrissie Hynde video. I can.
Think about it. Got a song about sailors or something? Theeere you go.

Ten years after Morrissey's Meltdown festival I was back for Chrissie Hynde at the Royal Festival Hall tonight. Chrissie played most of or maybe all of her new album 'Stockholm' then played some songs by Jarvis Cocker, Neil Young and finally in the middle segment 'Everyday is Like Sunday' which she introduced simply as being by one of her very favourite songwriters (or words to that effect), but didn't mention his name. I thought her version sounded pretty good. There was no singing along from the audience but it did get a pretty bid round of applause. After EDILS she broke out Pretenders tunes and finished the encore with 'Dark Sunglasses' the catchiest tune off the new album. Being back at the RFH brought back happy memories of seeing Morrissey there twice with the big red 'ELVIS' letters, Alain's mysterious absence, speaking to Angela from this site when queuing for tickets. Oh those were happy days for me. This evening was pretty happy for me too. Chrissie's voice sounded great and the band were tight. Hello to the guy wearing the 'Years of Refusal' Tee shirt on the 5th floor if you're reading this!

Re: Article: Chrissie Hynde Sings "Everyday Is Like Sunday" on the Chris Evans Show; photo at Salfor

Ten years after Morrissey's Meltdown festival I was back for Chrissie Hynde at the Royal Festival Hall tonight. Chrissie played most of or maybe all of her new album 'Stockholm' then played some songs by Jarvis Cocker, Neil Young and finally in the middle segment 'Everyday is Like Sunday' which she introduced simply as being by one of her very favourite songwriters (or words to that effect), but didn't mention his name. I thought her version sounded pretty good. There was no singing along from the audience but it did get a pretty bid round of applause. After EDILS she broke out Pretenders tunes and finished the encore with 'Dark Sunglasses' the catchiest tune off the new album. Being back at the RFH brought back happy memories of seeing Morrissey there twice with the big red 'ELVIS' letters, Alain's mysterious absence, speaking to Angela from this site when queuing for tickets. Oh those were happy days for me. This evening was pretty happy for me too. Chrissie's voice sounded great and the band were tight. Hello to the guy wearing the 'Years of Refusal' Tee shirt on the 5th floor if you're reading this!

Sounds like an amazing night! I love Chrissie Hynde and have been a fan since I was a kid. her new album sounds great what I have heard so far. I will definitely pick it up soon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom