Chrissie Hynde mentions Morrissey in Louder Than War interview

I feel so uncool right now.

Ahh, Crystal, just stay true to yourself and keep moving and thinking. Align yourself with good people who are strong in areas where you are not. And reciprocate.
It's about all we can do in this world.
Being alone (all the time) is exhausting.
Being alone much of one's time is refreshing. xx

Chrissie Hynde has returned with her first solo album. It’s classic – in depth interview - Louder Than War

Extract: "Actually I’m seeing him (Morrissey) tonight..he uses me as his clown. He likes me to be his clown- he doesn’t like it if I don’t drink. If say no thanks, he says ‘waiter another glass!’ (Moz impression). He wants to get me going because I’m the asshole he wishes he could be! because he is way too polite for that shit (laughs)"

Last edited by a moderator:
yo didn't she say johnny marr was late always and not professional?
that's why I like johnny.

Here I've been thinking all these years how cool it would be to hang out w/ Moz, but I hate when anyone serves me a drink without my consent. And of course I don't want to waste alcohol, so I drink it roofies & all. LOL. But at least Moz only wanted to lower Hynde's inhibitions so she would be a clown, rather than a bimbo. I always had the idea that I would bring a Thermos in a plastic bag hidden in a purse and if someone served me a drink w/o my consent I would pour it in and take it home. But I never actually tried it. Good thing I'm a great driver.

Agree Mcrickson. The first 3 questions are basically the same idea the interviewer keeps pushing ..... The Pretenders were not a real band and you always wanted to be a solo artist ! By the end of the 3rd question Chrissie just says " I just like being in a band ! " It is wonder she didn't kick the chair out from under him . I have several of The Pretenders albums and just love Chrissie . A nice Ohio girl !

Well he certainly seemed to enjoy her drunkenly admonishing a fan he put that story in his autobiography but I enjoyed it too so Another round please waiter!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom