"Chris Gethard: Career Suicide" HBO special includes several Morrissey references

Tony writes:

HBO has a comedy special this month, a funny/dark guy named Chris Gethard who is a real fan; I had no idea, but the dude mentions the Smiths/Moz in 3 or 4 occasions and sings a little bit of "I Know It's Over" and "Asleep" during the show, shows off a Morrissey tattoo. Funniest part is him trying to explain who Moz is.

Chris Gethard’s Biggest Musical Influence (1:09) - HBO

40189_biggest-musical-influence-73692101_PRO35_10-512.jpg

He's a big, big fan. Love him in Broad City.

chris has appeared on here a few times,best one was with Thomas lennon from reno 911,which I find hilarious especially the film.chris knows his stuff as well on lyrics n trivia.

That's too bad. You normally don't come across unlikable Morrissey fans in life.

Yip.
Only on the internet.
Which isn't real life but some kind of substitute for it, for them.
On the other hand, there are many likeable Morrissey fans too as I happen to experience on this site.
I'm counting the blessings and trying to forget about the negative sides. Sometimes I even succeed. :D

He's a big, big fan. Love him in Broad City.

Yeah he's hilarious in that show. Just watched the one where he gets harassed by the preteen girls on his scooter and has to listen to them in the police line up. Like him all around

I find the less you know about a person the more likeable they become.
You sound like my old mate Rolf who refused to read any books or watch any documentaries about Morrissey.

Morrissey was his exclusive drinking buddy that Rolf danced to all alone on the piss.

I never click on things like this. Except that I just did. And all it did was serve to re-remind me why I never click on things like this.

I made it in as far as 1:12 min.

What is wrong with them? Somebody help them.
You got further than I did. About 12 seconds in and I'm out.

Looking at a carrot for two hours would be funnier than this guy. His real name is Chris Flaccid by the way.

you mean Carrot Top ? ;)

please, anyone out there if you can, please tell C.G he has nothing on Carrot Top !

Yip.
Only on the internet.
Which isn't real life but some kind of substitute for it, for them.
On the other hand, there are many likeable Morrissey fans too as I happen to experience on this site.
I'm counting the blessings and trying to forget about the negative sides. Sometimes I even succeed. :D
Eh. There are assholes everywhere, regardless of what they listen to. But thankfully there are enough warm, smart, kind, funny people to lessen the impact of those who would drag you down if given the chance.

Honestly, the only Morrissey fans I can't deal with in real life are the ones who are overly pretentious, peppering every sentence with $2.00 vocabulary words while rubbing their chins and posing.
I think one Morrissey in this world is quite enough. :lbf:

Eh. There are assholes everywhere, regardless of what they listen to. But thankfully there are enough warm, smart, kind, funny people to lessen the impact of those who would drag you down if given the chance.

Honestly, the only Morrissey fans I can't deal with in real life are the ones who are overly pretentious, peppering every sentence with $2.00 vocabulary words while rubbing their chins and posing.
I think one Morrissey in this world is quite enough. :lbf:

Ha, you are damn right!
By the way, when Moz rubs his prominent chin it is impressive and funny, even when it is posing. He does a good job at that!
Rubbing a non existent chin is a hilarious event to watch, I am sure I would laugh my head off.
They'll need plastic surgery to accomplish any impression at all.
Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if it that is going to happen.
Waiting for the first Moz-clone! :lbf:

Last edited:
I really like this.
Poor Rolf had a heart attack but I don't think we can blame Morrissey. He survived and is still alive and since Sweden won the ice hockey world cup last month I know he is a very happy man. He lived for that world cup every year in spring and never missed a single game of the whole tournament.

He wouldn't even see me when it was on.

I watch a huge amount of stand-up.
It's great that this guy is a Morrissey fan, but the material and delivery is very average.
He could be better but would need to sharpen way up.
Still, I'll try to follow his Moz mentions from now on.

I'm happy he likes Morrissey, even if he's utterly unappealing in every other single way.

I watch a huge amount of stand-up.
It's great that this guy is a Morrissey fan, but the material and delivery is very average.
He could be better but would need to sharpen way up.
Still, I'll try to follow his Moz mentions from now on.

He's better known for the Chris Gethard Show and his podcast Beautiful/Anonymous which is amazing and I believe sits around 100K subscribers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom